Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made My First Bulletproof Coffee page

mauler5858 is offline Member

Made My First Bulletproof Coffee

Primal Fuel
    So i made my first bulletproof coffee this morning and it was quite good. I don't have the money to afford the MCT, but i was still happy. I made:

About 16 ounces of black 100% Columbian 8'oclock coffee(whole bean and ground), 1 tsp of coconut oil, and 2 tsp of butter(the good stuff), and blended it all up in my magic bullet.

Man was it good. So, beisdes the MCT does anybody have any tweaks or suggestions on this?

missblue is offline Senior Member
    I have never used the MCT or the fancy beans as it is just too expensive for those without plenty of $. My budget is in fumes by week 3 of my paycheck as it is.

So I do a good organic coffee and use quality extra virgin coconut oil and just stir it in. Sometimes I might add a little sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg when serving. A little spice makes it nice. . .

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    I use whatever good dark roasted coffee is on sale at my farmers market and do it as follows 12-16oz of brewed coffee and 4 tablespoons of unsalted kerrygold and leave it at that.

Yum Yum...

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by mauler5858 View Post
    So i made my first bulletproof coffee this morning and it was quite good. I don't have the money to afford the MCT, but i was still happy. I made:

About 16 ounces of black 100% Columbian 8'oclock coffee(whole bean and ground), 1 tsp of coconut oil, and 2 tsp of butter(the good stuff), and blended it all up in my magic bullet.

Man was it good. So, beisdes the MCT does anybody have any tweaks or suggestions on this?
    I believe that the coconut oil is the MCT or acts as one.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    I cant understand how to drink this as all the fat just sits on the top! I cant get the fat to mix in.
    Am I going wrong somewhere or is it meant to seperate like that?

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    I cant understand how to drink this as all the fat just sits on the top! I cant get the fat to mix in.
    Am I going wrong somewhere or is it meant to seperate like that?
    Do you use a blender to mix it all together? Also, if you let it sit there too long anyway, the fat will rise to the top. Not that you want fresh coffee that's been sitting there for a while anyway =P

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Put it in the blender. I use coconut oil instead of MCT oil. Sometimes I put a little unsweetened chocolate in there. It helps keep the oil blended and tastes pretty good but it tends to stick to the bottom of the cup so it's somewhat wasteful.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    each morning we brew coffee and put stevia butter cream and coconut oil in the cup

pour
    stir
    enjoy
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

RobOK is offline Junior Member
    There is a long thread here on BPC: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d43406-39.html

primalnurse is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I use stevia and sometimes some raw, cacao powder along with my organic butter. This has helped me wean from my "flavored creamers" I had been addicted to. I've been putting mine in my travel mug and giving it a swirl every so often to keep it stirred!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast