Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Michelle) page

femininefigure is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

This post is a journal for me to take my health to the next level for the next 30 days.

Here are some of the things that have been "obstacles" in the past:

1. I'm a very busy business owner with a 3+ hour commute/day. I just had to lay off a key worker, so I am back to working fulltime from working partime.

2. I have an almost 9 month old baby (who is starting life primally, yay!)

3. Stepfamily obligations--basketball tournaments, etc. Also, we have junk in the house for them to eat (I stay out of the argument to keep my sanity).

4. I travel a lot.

So, though I hate to call the above excuses, I have to acknowledge them as challenges because I must be prepared for how they can hinder my progress and I must find ways to deal with them.

I've figured out a good way to do my meals is prepare one good meal for the week, in quantities large enough to freeze extra portions. And the rest of the week I can eat the frozen meals and/or whip up something with the leftover fresh ingredients.

Here's what I ate today:

1. Vanilla protein powder shake with heavy cream, a couple of frozen mango chunks.

2. Lunch was at 3PM because I had an emergency meeting right as my lunch was heated.

Lunch = Pork chop with veggie mixture (fennel, canned tomato, some other things I can't remember)

Small amount of raspberries and mango chunks.

Granted, I'm not 100% primal, but this is a journey.

mikecheliak is offline Junior Member

It is a journey! I kept avoiding doing a 30 day challenge and wandered to and from the Primal BP. I am now on day two and really have a positive feeling about it. Don't worry about obstacles..they can be overcome!

Stay Primal!!!

Mike

So in the evening I had a meatloaf concoction made with beef/lamb/sausage with peppers, onions, and some odds and ends that I forgot. I also had a couple of mini pumpkin & almond flour muffins with european style butter.

So not completely primal, but getting there .

Bah, today started well but it fell apart later in the day.

Started off with a hard boiled egg with butter and salt.

Lunch--primal meatloaf with beef/lamb/sausage

Apple

Then it fell apart because I had to stay at my office longer than I thought. I didn't obviously bring enough food with me, so on my way home (on a 1.5 hr 75 mile commute) I had some frozen custard. It was yummy! But I got a headache.

Sigh.