Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 9

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've gotta say, I am still really excited I finally finished the main pull up bar. NOW I want to add on to it. My kids want me to put in the other part, so I need to get that done, since there are plenty of uses I can get out of a bar at 4-5ft high... THEN after that I think I want to put another 10 ft post in (so 8 ft above ground) and maybe build a Ninja Warrior style Salmon ladder... SO many awesome possibilities!!

Attached my olympic rings I got for Christmas - Iron Cross... Here I come! (Yeah that'll be a while - it's amazing how HARD it is to keep your body STILL) At least I can do dips and L-sits on the rings. My kids think they are fun to swing on.

My muscle ups are still a bit sketchy - I need to work on consistency and flow - but I can get up! Strangely not as often when Kakes is watching! Weird.

Fun run up a canyon last night - Kakes snapped an awesome picture of me:
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha love the last pic. Jealous of your backyard setup. Someday, someday... A local forest park actually used to have this "Vita Life" course complete with pull-up bars and rings that you could stop and work out at as you made a running circuit around the trails. They were degraded even when I was a kid, but it would be a really hot spot for some people if they were renovated now. I would consider doing it, even!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yeah what happened to all those? Were the 70s really that fit? There is an AWESOME trail nearby that used to have those but only the barest hint of the former workout spots remains, it's even still called the Vita Course... I wonder if there was some 'Vita Life' movement back in the day.

We have a TINY yard - maybe someday we'll own a whole bunch of land that we can make our own vita life course. Seriously some woods, some water (I'm a bit obsessed with waterfalls) and trails and I'd be quite happy! The privacy would be nice too... I mean I like neighbors, but I like being able to do whatever I want on my property without worrying the neighbors
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Also... Kakes is awesome.

That is all.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I would love to create a trail like that - although honestly I'd probably make it even bigger like the ones in the Dirty Dash and Tough Mudder. REALLY tough obstacles as options! I think I'm starting to go a bit overboard with my plans for my little pull-up area! We'll see how many of them I ever actually implement! It's also been so flipping hot lately that more time outside isn't that appealing... (yet honestly... it still is... as long as I'm running or tire-flipping or something crazy)

Yesterday for our weekly department lunch we went to Red Iguana, a highly touted Mexican Restaurant (everybody says it's the best Mexican food in the surrounding 5 states) - I've never been a fan of Mexican food. One thing I CAN say about Red Iguana though, they do a good job cooking their steaks to order! So I got Encebollado "A 10-oz New York steak, grilled and topped with sauteed onions, tossed with chorizo. Served with rice and beans."

I swear next time we go there (since it is the favorite of one of my co-workers) I'm going to order it with pronunciation as wrong as possible (En-Kee-buLL-ay-doe) and when he says it correctly (ensehbuyado(ish)) say "No... I want the enkeebullaydoe!" just to be a stupid American. I'm not sure why I want to do that... I just do!

I was hungry waiting so I even snacked on the tortilla chips on the table. Reminder: I have a corn allergy. Their spanish rice isn't even very good... plus it has corn and carrots (another food allergy) in it - so I didn't really eat much of that. Anyway - a couple hours later I crashed HARD and felt really crappy until about 10:30! Similar to when I crash hard after allergy exposure of yard work. (thankfully not all the time I do yardwork, just sometimes, weird, and very annoying) So SOMETHING in that food, the oils used in cooking, spices, or just the chips themselves that I haven't had in a long time really messed with my body. Blech.

Ice cream, however, doesn't give me ANY adverse affects.

Seriously.

At least not any outward-immediate-gut wrenching problematic ones I'm not willing to deal with!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Did a Trail Race Saturday morning. It was great!

7.2 miles in 1 hour 17 minutes, I was pretty happy with that result - put me 10th place officially, but I'm pretty sure there were a few people ahead of me that didn't show up on the chip-timed results. My younger brother (in the green) is much faster than me, but I finished just 10 seconds behind him because he went an extra quarter mile following a different route... Whoops!

Yesterday I stayed home from work - my head has been really stuffy and weird lately. It was nice to rest and read AND see my daughter at her gymnastics class. Made it a bit hard to come back to work today!!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    It was very nice to have you home yesterday.... and very hard to see you go this morning. The girly LOVED having her daddy there to watch her!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

It took me a long time to put the posts in for the main part of the pullup bar. Like 3 months. I really like my pullup bar!

Tuesday night I decided to start digging the 3rd hole for the shorter 'kids' bar (although it will have uses for me too!). This hole was not nice. Wednesday night I finished the hole and cemented the pole in, and also attached the bar so it would harden and cure in the right way.

The kids already love it.

Thursday night had a great HARD trail run. About 2 miles up and 2 miles back with about 1,388 ft of vert (started at 4900 elev up to 6300 and back down to 4900!). I love that downhill.
    Here I am with my brother at the top:

Friday at Crossfit we repeated "The Executive" workout that we did two weeks ago. Unfortunately somebody complained to the HR department about people taking off their shirts during crossfit workouts... so no more of that. It was HOT. I do much better when I can take my shirt off. Seriously. Also I really could use more sun still!
    ANYWAY last time I did this workout in 15:06, this time I did it in 14:51! So I beat my last time by 15 seconds and got below 15 minutes yay! I think I could have been even faster had I been able to take my shirt off and sweat more freely. I'm completely serious about that too! As a challenge after the main workout, we did Pullups and Dips.

15 body weight pullups and 20 body weight dips, then 10 pullups and 15 dips with a 10 lb plate, and finishing with 5 pullups and 10 dips with a 25 lb plate. I was able to do them all!

I'll post in another entry about my Tough Mudder Team workout we did on Saturday. It was hard because I was already sore, but worth it.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

PrimalCon New York
    Tough Mudder Team workout!
    The Tough Mudder isn't until October, but I don't really have too much more to train for, so this is my big one. I do have the Cahoots race (mud race with a required team-mate so you have to work together - I have the best team mate Kakes!) and another Dirty Dash - but I'm not too worried about those. I probably should try to find out a few of the obstacles and work 'em a bit with Kakes though...

Anyway yesterday I met with 3 other guys from my TM team "Inconceivable". I put my three giant tires into my van, grabbed my 35 lb kettlebell, my 16 lb sledgehammer, my 17 lb home-made medicine ball, and drove up to a local park. One of the guys is training for a marathon and decided to run from his house a few towns over to this park, about 5 miles... Next time he won't do that! My friend J brought a 65 lb sand bag, another 35 lb kettlebell (exactly the same as mine actually, but a shiny finish compared to mine) a 10 lb hammer and an 8 lb medicine ball. We did a 15 minute interval circuit (40 seconds workout, 20 seconds rest and switch to next station) with the following exercises:
    Side swing hammer slams with the 16 lb hammer
    Throw and chase with the 8 lb medicine ball
    Overhead hammer slams with the 10 lb hammer
    Farmer Carry 2 35 lb kettle bells
    Reverse overhead throw 17 lb medicine ball
    Clean and Press 65 lb Sandbag

The other two guys sat out a few rounds, J and I are definitely in better shape! Also it WAS between 93 and 100 F...

For our second part we did a relay run/carry where one person starts and carries the kettlebell across the field runs back and brings the medicine ball, back and brings the sledge hammer, back and flips the tire across the field. That tire flip was the worst part of the workout! We did that twice. I really don't think tire flips are HARD, but as soon as you increase the speed you are doing them, and distance - that makes a huge difference!
    Great workout - I'm looking forward to our next one in two weeks!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast