Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 8

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks Jamilyn! That makes me happy!

We just finished the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay Race - What a lot of fun! Probably too much running and not enough sleeping to be Primal, but we had 12 people on our team ALL of them from my family - all of my siblings, my dad, some spouses (especially my hot tamale ow ow!), and a niece were on our team.

We were Clan McRagnar - a Scottish/Irish themed team, in KILTS!
    Everybody ran 3 legs, I ran a total of 21 and a half miles within a 26 hour time-frame, and we finished with a final time of 37 hours and 19 minutes. Only 53 teams were slower than us. So that means we were a bit more primal!

AND after the race - I finally shaved. Kinda weird to be without the beard after 3 months with it!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Went to Crossfit on Friday for the first time in a long time. Wow! I'm still sore today. Glutes and Hamstring soreness mostly, but also in my shoulders.
    Also went for a trail run on those sore legs Friday night - more of a hike really - we ranged all over the mountains where we used to play as kids. TONS of memories came back of time spent up there... I can't believe I did a LOT of that as an 8-10 year old... my 10 year old hasn't even though of ranging off into the mountains on his own...
    IMG_2076[1].jpg

IMG_2073[1].jpg
    Yay for sideways pictures!

Hopefully I'll get out on a run or something tonight. With all the fires the air is pretty crappy, but it's worth it.

I'm sure there was something else I was going to write about... but I can't remember!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

So I've had the holes dug for my Pullup station in my back yard for 2 months(ish) now... All I have to do is put the posts in, make sure they are level and the correct distance apart, and cement 'em in! I just need to DO IT. Blah.

Lots of running lately. Probably too much, last night was killer. 4 miles and my legs were complaining of exhaustion. I guess that's what happens when you have Crossfit AND a run/hike on Friday, Yardwork and busy-ness on Saturday, More than normal activity on Sunday, HIGH HEAT 4.25 mile run/hike on Monday, and then the 4 miler last night.

So how far should I run today? Ugh. I am trying to do at least 10 toes-to-bars daily, pushups, and pullups... so I might just stick with that for today.

Overall I need to eat a LOT more, run a bit less, lift a lot more, and get more sleep if I want to gain the muscle I want to.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

CROSSFIT today.
    Team event - we split up into teams of 3 to do the following workout, split up however we wanted.
    3 Mile run
    100 Pull ups
    200 Push ups
    300 V-ups
    400 KB Snatches

One of our team is a BEAST with weights and he hates running (although he did the Ragnar and loved that) so the team captain (awesome girl) and I split the run. I ran my 1.5 miles in a blistering 10:06... I was very happy with that! Then I did 80 KB snatches, thought for sure pullups and pushups wouldn't be a problem for me but DANG, that run wore. me. out! So I only ended up doing 10 pullups (at least for the time, I did about 20 more later ) and 25 pushups, but I DID do 135 v-ups so I did make a good contribution to the team. We finished with a time of 24:36 (+/- 10ish seconds) the next team came in at 30. So our strategy worked out great. Have the two runners do the 3 miles in a decent time, and have the muscle man bust out the reps. Still those v-ups and that run wore me out! I might have to make myself do some more pushups and pullups though... I'm normally MUCH stronger with those! (Part of it is I have a hard time allowing myself to do kipping pullups)

After having a fiasco of a sleepover (3 nephews stayed over with our 4 kids... nobody got good sleep...) AND on top of that I have a wife that I just can't get enough of - I've been a draggin' today! Considering that, I was pretty happy with the workout performance.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    You are amazing. No wonder I can't keep up with you!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

This weekend I felt crappy.
    It's like on weekends my body makes up for the lack of rest throughout the week and just won't let me stay strong throughout. That and my allergies seem to flare up more. Couldn't even do part of the mowing because the mower was blowing dry grassy dust particles at my face and immediately kicked me out of commission. LAME.

So to make up for that I decided to attempt crossfit today. Normally I only do crossfit on Friday's because I feel once a week is more than enough to make your body do that!

I guess I just wanted to start this week 'right' - Ha!

Today's workout was Fight Gone Bad. Slightly modified from the original benchmark:
    6 minute rounds (Each exercise AMRAP in 1 minute), 1 minute rest, repeated 3 times (This is the order I did it in):
    Burpees
    KB Snatch (45 lb KB)
    Wall Ball (16 lb Ball)
    Box Jumps (24" box)
    Push Press (90 or 70 lb)
    Crossfit Situps

I ended up with 244 total reps, although my partner who was counting for me was a bit more strict than I was on what counts as a rep... so I think I was more like 250-275 Still one of the lower numbers in the class, which doesn't make me very happy. Oh well. I got a good workout out of it, and that's what matters.

Delicious leftovers for lunch. Salsa-shredded Chicken over a big salad.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes and I went for a run (more like a hike in some areas!) on Tuesday night, decided to take some pictures at a cool waterfall we hiked down to, since we are just a couple days beyond our 6 month Primal mark.
    I just trimmed my chest because that hair starts getting crazy and it bugs me a bit. Always makes me look extra pasty for a few days!

Today was more Crossfit! 2 times this week, that's much more than normal for me.

Todays WOD was newly made up and didn't have a name and because our Executive Lawyer works out with us and we were making fun of how we could get in trouble for taking our shirts off at work or the executives would be mad at us, we came up with a name for it.

"The Executive" Workout:
    50 Kettlebell snatches
    Run up the stairs, jump over a wall, across a parking lot and around a light post, back over the wall, down 3 levels of stairs (almost a fifth mile)
    40 KB squats
    Repeat above run
    30 KB push presses
    Repeat run
    20 KB squat presses
    Repeat Run
    10 KB headcutters
    Final Run

Great workout. I finished in 15:06, which wasn't the fastest and it wasn't the slowest.

I think I would have done better if not for my 5 mile run Thursday night (Family run night!) up to a place on the mountain called 'Flag Rock' with my brother and bro-in-law. Coming down from there was a major quad workout! I might have to sign up for the 10k that goes up there NEXT Saturday. We'll see.

Here I am at Flag Rock:

If for some reason you ever want to see bigger versions of the pictures, message me and I'll let you know where you can see 'em.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Cool

This weekend I FINALLY got off my "If I'm going to do something I have to make sure it gets done perfectly so really I'm not going to do ANYTHING on it for MONTHS and months because I have to do it right but really I'm lazy"-butt and CEMENTED my fence posts for my pull up bar. Yay!
    After mixing and dumping the cement:
    IMG_2158.jpg

Over 24 Hours later attaching the galvanized steel pipe!
    Pullup.jpg
    -Note- This picture is so amazingly awesome because my 4 year old decided she wanted to take a picture of us putting up the bar.

I've already done some muscleups on it - need to work on getting the transition a bit smoother but overall, going great! I'm exited to attach my gymnastics rings to it and try some other workouts!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Yay for a pullup bar!! Now if we can get around to digging another hole, putting up the other post and bar, and FINALLY fixing the fencepost.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

All in good time woman!!!

I think I want to level out the ground underneath the current bar while digging the hole for the 3rd... eh we'll see. I just wish digging out the old fence post wasn't going to be such a pain.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast