Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 7

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bah! Totally forgot that one of the reasons I WANTED to put an entry in yesterday was because I accomplished a big goal - I DID TWO MUSCLE UPS! Pretty good too! But I'm not satisfied until they are more like pullups for me.

Tonight went for a 4.8 mile run up in the mountains. FANTASTIC. Beautiful weather and a challenging run!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Crossfit Friday was a good one. Not too hard, but the sheer number of Toes to Bar has left my abs STILL sore!
    Warmup:
    10 Pushups, 10 V-ups, 10 Air Squats, 10 KB Swings Repeated 2 times
    Workout:
    1/4 mile run
    15 KB Swings (I used a 40lb KB)
    15 Toe to Bar
    15 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (40 lb KB again)
    15 AB Situps (feet together in cobbler-pose type with knees down, sit up and touch ground in front of toes)
    15 Push Press (started with 80 lbs, then did 50 lbs, my shoulders hurt from BJJ!)
    Repeat 4 times

Went camping with my 2 sons. First time we've done that just thethree of us - we had a lot of fun and I even got an almost one-handed peacock pose on a rock. I'll have to practice that. However I slept horribly and either allergies or a cold knocked me out pretty much the rest of the weekend (and I'm still feeling it!)

We also saw some Cool Cars on the way home in the Mountains above Park City Utah. It's interesting but almost every time I'm up near Park City I've seen some sort of Lamborghini or Ferrari. This time it was both, with some corvettes and others as well.

Normally tonight is the night we have our Ragnar-preparation run with family - but my sister is sick so we'll see what happens. Kakes and I would still like to run, even if they reschedule to do another run on Thursday. We'll see what happens. I'm also supposed to go to yoga at lunchtime. I think it will help me feel better, as it usually does!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Learned some good techniques on Passing the Guard in Jiujitsu today... but against guys that are 70-80 pounds heavier than me... doesn't work. I need to put on some weight FAST! Gimme the bread!

Okay just kidding. Really I need to work on the technique. One guy came from outside with experience, and he was about my size, but he didnt' have any issues with the bigger newbies. So gotta work that technique! Run tonight of some sort. We'll see what I can make happen.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

2 mile run up a canyon Thursday night. Not bad at all but my legs could have done a lot more. Also it was very strange but my arms and legs had a crazy itchy allergic reaction to SOMETHING once we got in the canyon. REALLY uncomfortable.

Friday at Crossfit did a pretty crazy workout.
    Warmup - 10 KB clean and jerks, 10 KB Goblet Squats, 10 Pushups - repeat that set 3 times
    Workout:
    Round 1: 50 KB Snatches, 1/4 mile run
    Round 2: 50 Air Squats, 1/4 mile run
    Round 3: 50 KB Snatches, 1/4 mile run
    Round 4: 50 Air Squats, 1/4 mile run
    Round 5: 50 KB Snatches, 1/4 mile run
    Total of 150 Snatches, 100 squats, and 1.25 mile run.

That workout left me quite sore!
    Saturday morning went for another run with Kakes and my Dad who was in town and wanted a practice run for our upcoming Ragnar Relay. We went 3.78 miles in the mountains above our house. Nice little run, and it helped loosen up some of that soreness!

Looking forward to yoga today (old teacher, our corporate trainer is subbing for the current teacher yay!) and tonight we are having another family Prep run. Smaller Relay at the end of the week and VACATION! Yes!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

And just for fun... here's Peacock pose on that same rock I think I posted earlier. Different angle.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Yoga was pushed back a half hour, so I went to the gym and did some pull ups, (L-sit pullups, alternating hands, etc) and some rows (I would love a real row machine, this was just a weighted machine thing with 195 lbs) then went to Yoga - the corporate trainer does a better job in the flow and focus of the yoga classes for me... the current teacher is just too simple or something. Did Eka Pada Koundayinasana II today, haven't done that in practice for quite some time.

I did some Progress pics the other day - just have to get them formatted right! Eventually I'll get 'em up here!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Monday night had a nice 3.6 mile run with my brother in law. Saturday is the first of a bunch of races, so I'm excited to see how this years compares to last years - we are a lot more prepared I think!

Yesterday I didn't have a lunch from home like I normally do, but I was planning on just skipping it, which normally isn't too much of a problem. However I started getting hungry enough that I decided to go grab one of the low-carb burgers from Carl's Jr. Drove through some construction areas and through the drive-thru "Low Carb Six Dollar Burger no Pickles or Mustard please!" paid for it, drive back and get stuck in the construction for 10 minutes while they filled up 2 dump trucks on the street right in front of me, sat down at my desk and opened the Carl's Jr. Box - What?! Regular Six Dollar Burger. Doh! I was hungry and it has been a while since I've had any sort of bread - so I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try. Tasted like nothing. Kind of weird. Strange texture, but it didn't ruin the burger or anything, it was just odd.
    About an hour later I started feeling pretty crappy both literally and figuratively... And that lasted the rest of yesterday. Today after my stomach woke up it's still feeling a bit sketchy Blah. Guess once your body gets used to NOT having that poison, it rejects it a bit more seriously!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Wow it has been a crazy coupla weeks since I last updated. Things have been fantastic! We did the Dirty Dash, a 10k mud run that really isn't much cardio - it's very primal and fantastic. You can see pictures over at Kakes' journal, and I might add a few more when I can. We even did a FB contest so we can get free entries into the 2nd one they do this year in the Fall. It definitely made me excited for the Tough Mudder I am doing in the fall.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Woohoo we ended up winning entries and hoodies! Sweet! Here are the pictures we entered:

AND here is a picture of us at the finish line from the official photographers. Go go gadget duckface!! Weird how that face pops up... even if you aren't a fan. Must be something in the air lately.

I'm DEFINITELY pleased with my progress in that picture. The mud probably helps
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    That professional picture is seriously awesome! I love reading about the two of you.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast