Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 6

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Back to Crossfit today.
    Workout was
    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-01 Dumbbell Burpees
    01-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Dumbell Front Squat
    2 lengths Sled Push

I finished in 14:22, using 25 lb dumbbells. I was the 4th person done, nobody before me had weights equal to or heavier, so that made me feel pretty good. The crossfit beasts had 40 and 45 lbers and they were last ones done. MEAN with heavier weights. I would have been dead last for sure. Afterwards since I was one of the first ones done, I started carrying 45 lb plates and random dumbbells up the stairs to clean up. My quads were feeling it on those stairs! Finally did 10 pullups just to see if I could. I have a long ways to go but it is nice feeling stronger!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Sore from Crossfit today. Hooray!
    Though I'm allergic to dogs and am generally just not a pet person, my wife has been wanting a domesticated something-er-other for quite some time. An opportunity arose with perfect timing (Easter Surprise for the Chillens!) so we went and picked up a chihuahua from Kakes' HS friend-slash-sister-in-law's sister. We were a bit early so we took our kids to the park and did some cat crawls around the playground and I did some muscle-up training.

On the way home we both commented "How can we make this dog more primal?" He's a little guy, so he doesn't need much food, but they feed him hardly anything.

Anyway it was a BEAUTIFUL day and I felt like I needed to get some sun on my skin so I headed up for a run in the mountains above our house. Ran around up in the mountains and backtracked a few times to explore a bit, like I ran way up a different trail because I wondered what the heck this was:
    Yeah... Nice couch and campfire!

After 3.4 miles I found myself back at my car. For a cooldown I walked over to the playground and did some more jump-assisted muscle ups (the monkey bars are really low) and 10 pull ups and drove home.

At home I decided I needed to grab the hammer and hit the new tires a bit. FUN workout. I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Yoga was pretty boring today - nothing special. Felt good but... just there. My ankle was acting up just a little so that probably didn't help.

Went for a run with my younger brother and my brother-in-law this evening - First part of the trail kicked my butt big time! I felt horrible. No idea if it was allergies or just not having recovered enough from Friday and Saturday or all of the above. Still... I hate having excuses! I think we were slightly slower than the last time we did that trail. My brother in law wasn't there the last time, and he is just getting into running in preparation for the Ragnar relay we are doing as a family. He did great! Definitely stronger than me on a lot of the hills, which is kind of sad since I've been doing this a lot longer
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Today we went to an Italian Deli (Salads, Sandwiches and Pasta). Almost didn't go because there really are about 3 items on the menu that fit Primal. Ended up with a Caprese salad. It was good, although there was more cheese than tomatoes, so that could have been better.

Just went and did 15 strict slow chin ups. Feeling kind of Blah the past few days.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Had a nice 3 mile trail run with family again - still a bit sore from Crossfit's squats, weighted lunges and other fun, but luckily my ankle didn't protest too much.

Afterwards took a few pictures of some Yoga poses! Finally got the pic of Astavakrasana with Kakes that I wanted!

~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Yay! You're amazing! Someday when I'm more awesomer, I'll be able to do flying crow and peacock like you can. I hope to never be as hairy as you however.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Yesterday after work I was feeling really good - so I decided I needed a good sledgehammer and tire workout.

I also decided I should let my kids have some fun as well, so I grabbed my 1-2 lb rubber mallet for them to hit the tire with. Pretty hilarious. Bad thing about letting them do that... it made me stand around longer than I wanted to!

So anyway - did a traditional 100 (+/- 30) strikes of the hammer on the tire, along with some random shovelglove-type movements in between sets (or instead of waiting while the kids took their "turns") and even some burpees. Also did some tire flipping and lifting of the tires. Didn't take too long, but I was nice and pumped and sweaty afterwards!

Today for our Wednesday lunch we went to a Sandwich place that supposedly has good Philly Cheesesteak Sammy's... Philly Cheesesteak, in Utah. Right. ANYWAY no good primal options on the menu, ended up with a dressing-less Caesar Salad that was NOT worth the price. I've pretty much decided now that when I go to places like this - I will try to stay mostly primal, but if I want to try something I haven't ever had before, I might as well just get it. If I really feel like it I should be more creative and ask for 2 handfuls of meat. "JUST PUT IT IN MY HANDS!!!"
    Sounds good to me.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Wow it has already been a whole week since I posted in here? Crazy!

Had my 33rd Birthday on Monday, went for a 4 mile run up in the mountains with my brothers and had Chicken and a very yummy primal German Chocolate cake. You'd have to ask Kakes for the recipe because I don't know it!

Yesterday I started digging some holes for my pullup station (yay for birthday presents! big fenceposts and galvanized steel pipes!) and I also did Kettlebell swings (new 35# birthday KB) and Sledgehammer hits on the tire. Great workout! Today I'm hoping to go for another mountain run. We'll see what happens.

Shortly we are going to go to lunch to celebrate recent birthdays - hopefully we go somewhere with steak.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Crossfit yesterday was pretty brutal - but awesome. More of the type that I'll feel TOMORROW because I wasn't too sore today. Especially with all I did today!

Crossfit workout was a deck of cards, split between 2 people with the following rules:
    Jacks = 11reps
    Queen =12
    King=13
    Ace=15
    Spades = Weighted Walking Lunges (45 lb plate straight overhead)
    Diamonds = DB Clean and Jerk
    Hearts = DB Snatches
    Clubs = Sled Pushes (sleds are pieces of carpet with a 45lb plate on them...)
    Jokers (2 in each deck) = 25 burpees split up between the 2 team members

My partner was (and is) a crossfit nut. He does Crossfit almost everyday at work (where I do it just Fridays) AND he just started a Crossfit Gym with a friend (he's the business side of things right now - probably working on his Cert, not sure) So anyway he's a beast, smaller than me, but definitely faster and stronger! Crazy. Anyway, drew my first card ACE of Clubs. DANG. Ended up drawing the Ace, the Jack, the 10, 9, 8, 6, 4 of clubs... so I did the majority of sled pushes - NOT fun. My eyes were bloodshot from crouching down to push the 'sled.'

Good workout that wore me out and made me sweat like crazy - but didn't completely wipe me out.

So today I decided that I should take my wife on part of the trail run I did on Wednesday - the hardest part and then some. Took a while to get going both because of the tiredness from crossfit and because it is a very steep beginning, but it was GREAT. We had fun climbing on big boulders and doing yoga on top of the boulders. All while taking in some glorious Vitamin D. Normally even in that amount of time I'd have been FRIED (as you can see in the pictures below I'm still quite pasty), but I wasn't!

After the run we did a bunch of yardwork and I dug two of the 3 holes I need for my pullup station. I think I'll set up the main 2 first and then add the 3rd after that's done. That way I'll at least have SOMETHING sooner than later. It's already taking too long!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nice easy yoga class today at work. I think the yoga class at work has now become too easy for me... not that it isn't beneficial, but the challenge of learning new poses or doing difficult things in a flowing manner, just doesn't seem to happen as much. I'll still go for the balancing benefits it brings, but I do like a bit more challenge. Guess I'll have to do that on my own!

Tonight ran on a pretty easy 1.5 mile trail loop 2 times for a 3 mile run. Very overcast but perfect temperature and great company.

Primal is seriously making my wife hotter everyday.

Me? Eh I'm a goofball and always will be
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast