Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade!

Shop Now
    4 miles at a 7:30 pace - not too bad. First mile was on really rocky railroad gravel stuff that was like running on a really hard shifting beach. Great workout for my ankles!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Feeling pretty crappy today. Allergy-type sneezing, but I also have a cold-type something going on. Blah.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

I twisted my ankle while running today...

Must have been the BLISTERING fast pace we were going... Oh wait, it's because I was running backwards and not paying attention! I had been running backwards a lot, chatting with my wife and sister-in-law - so I guess I just forgot to pay as much attention - got to an older section of road and twist CRACK!!! OW!

Hopefully it heals fast... I gots too much to do! And I need that ankle!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Sorry baby! I'm just too dang distracting. I'll try to be less sexy... oh wait.. no I won't.
    I do hope your ankle heals fast though!!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

I'm going to use the actual Attachments! Go me! Go Moderators!

Just a bigger pic of my current avatar:
    Mayurasana.jpg
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Ankle is still recovering - so no Crossfit for me today
    However it IS doing a lot better today so I'm optimistic that it isn't going to keep me down very long. Yay!

Today I had a biometric screening done at work as part of a "Prevent Event" contest. Basically it is a way they can get employees to voluntarily check their health and fill out an insurance survey by offering some cool prizes like a vacation, ipads, home theaters... stuff like that.

Anyway I'll post what I can find from this years along with last years screening.

Any input/thoughts/ideas/suggestions are welcome

2012-2011 Results:
    • Test: 2012 results - 2011
    • Blood Pressure: 111/56 - 111/69
    • Total Cholesterol: 214 - 204
    • HDL: 32 - 42
    • Triglycerides: 97 - 116
    • LDL: 163 - ?
    • Glucose: 90 - 89
    • Heart Rate: 62 beats/minute - ?

So yeah - gotta find my HDL (found) and LDL levels from last year... I'm not that happy about Total Cholesterol going up... but I'm not that worried yet either. I'm a little more worried that my HDL went DOWN! Bah.
    Last edited by WarlordBlade; 03-30-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added 2011 HDL
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Also - last year the same trainer that did the test this year measured my body fat % at 20.9%!! Today she measured me at 13.5%, so at least she's getting closer. I still think she is a bit agressive in her pinching and caliper-measuring!
    The 10.6% BF I have in my signature is based on averages from a few other calculations - especially the one found here:
    Body Fat
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Yoga today - good class. I do like this new teacher but am still not satisfied with her flow. Both my injured ankle and my funky wrist did fine - which was excellent. I'm glad this ankle is healing fast.

Did 10 windshield wipers after class before changing.

I am feeling the need to amp up my training somehow... but I'm not sure exactly what I want to do. I'm doing enough PB-wise, I just want to do more!

As for my Cholesterol - I'm hoping to make these changes and then check again:
    Less Sugar - I said it before - I'm a sugar-holic and it's my biggest shortcoming in health
    More Fat - I did really well with no sugar and loads of fat during the 21 day total body transformation - but since then my fat ratio has
    More Protein - I probably just don't eat enough
    Finally - the hardest one;
    More Sleep - as my wife will attest - I stay up too late.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

So a friend of mine mentioned that his Saturday workout included swinging a 10 lb sledgehammer at an 80 lb Tire 100 times.

I've been wanting a tire for a LONG time so I mentioned I needed a tire to go along with my 16 lb sledgehammer.
    He said "I've got a big ole 80 lb tire that is perfect. I picked it up for free from Les Schwab. They let me rummage around their trash trailer."

So on the way home from work I stopped by and asked if I could have some. "Sure take whatever you want from our trailer out back!"

Went back and saw a HUGE tire that wouldn't fit in my car. "Hey can I take this one here on the ground?" "That one won't fit in your car and it's REAL heavy!" "Oh I'll come back for it."

So I grabbed one that BARELY fit in my trunk and rushed home. Took the back seats out, grabbed my wife and 2 of my kids (the other two were at friends) and went and got the monster plus another to match the one I brought home.

OH YEAH! I'm excited!

~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Shop Now
    Weighed the tires today - the two top smaller ones are 75-80 lbs each, the bottom is 175-190... So we are going to have FUN!

We are also thinking of names for them, but we haven't decided quite yet. Bertha, Helga, stuff like that

Hopefully I'll have a trail run after work tomorrow, and I'm even more hopeful that my ankle is up for it!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy