Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 4

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Forgot I wanted to mention my work-lunch experience on Wednesday.

My team goes out every Wednesday for lunch - team building, whatever, it's actually been a nice thing for our cohesiveness. Anyway where we go is decided by who is in charge of training for that week, so it varies greatly.

If nothing else, it has been a good experience in finding things to eat that are Primal. I've been surprised how it really isn't that hard to find things to eat! My coworkers like to give me a hard time about that.. and my allergies to Corn, Carrots, Casein, Hazelnuts etc. "Hey... I think today we'll go to the Carrot Buffet!" Yeah they like to give me a hard time about everything. I'm 100% primal compliant with no grains, but I'm not so good with Sugar (although I've improved a lot from pre-primal) so they make fun of me for that too...

So Wednesday I thought that we were going to go to Dickey's Barbecue Pit (plenty there I can eat, although the sauce probably isn't the best) but nope, they changed their mind and we went to KNEADERS. A Bakery. Yikes. I walked in to the wonderful smell of Bread... Wait a minute - that's not a wonderful smell at all! Yeasty weird smell.... ugh I wasn't happy to be there.
    Looked at their salad selections and sorry... they just didn't seem appetizing. I ordered a Tomato Bisque soup.

"What kind of bread do want?"
    "No bread, thanks"
    "You don't want any BREAD?!"
    "Nope I'm good thanks"
    "Um... okay, that'll be (insert ridiculous amount of money here)" for a small 'bowl' of soup.

Soup was all right, but nothing amazing. Next time somebody suggests Kneaders I'll try to change their minds or just not go. I was hungry after.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hope you didn't get too many pinches! (or maybe you wanted more pinches... that's fine too!)

Today I ran 6.5 miles for a 10k family fun run my brother-in-law put on. It was a fun day, but they had this elaborate St. Patty's day spread of Tortilla wraps and chips and beans and all sorts of fun stuff we couldn't eat too well. We ended up just chucking the tortilla part of the wrap and eating the insides - but I couldn't even do that too much because most of them had carrots, which I'm allergic to. Blah.

Anyway - I felt good about my run, 6.5 miles in 51 minutes. I think I would have been a couple minutes faster had I been familiar with the course! Being in the lead and not sure where to go can slow you down some!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Signed up for The Dirty Dash today - I'm excited because I had a LOT of fun doing it last year. (My muddy picture from my profile page is from this 'race')

It's a 10k, so 6 miles, with a whole bunch of fun and muddy obstacles throughout, so it's really more like a whole bunch of half mile runs with interesting challenges along the way. Even better, I'm doing it with my awesome wife Kakes!

Last year one of the organizers told the wave of runners about to run "If you come up and ask me what your time was after the race I'm going to punch you in the face!" - this race is about FUN and challenging yourself to have fun while getting dirty! Under 3 months until a BUSY month of Events - May and June are going to be crazy and fun!

I'm also doing the Tough Mudder this year - but that isn't until October, and that one is much more competitive and less 'fun' than the Dirty Dash - probably tougher obstacles as well - but I'm still looking forward to it!

Yesterday I did an hour of Yoga with the new teacher. I think my biggest problem with her is there is a lack of FLOW to her classes so far. I still get a decent practice in, so I'm not upset or annoyed by it at all, but without the smooth flow it isn't quite as balancing.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

PEM:

Pushups: 50
    Squats: 100
    Pullups: 17
    Plank: 2:31.7

Felt really weak on the pushups... probably because I didn't do any warmup. Oh well. I'm tired today!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

CROSSFIT!

Normally I only do Crossfit on Fridays, but since it is my daughters birthday and I'm trying to save my wife from having to deal with said daughter too much (she's in a crazy phase right now) I'm taking the day off work so I was going to miss Crossfit - THUS, I did it today. So let it be written, so let it be done. And it was.

The weather outside was SO nice, that we couldn't just stay in the gym. So everybody grabbed a set of Dumbbells and went out to the top level (no roof) of our parking garage. We started with a warmup of running around the top of the parking lot (probably around 300-400m) 1 lap, then 20 squats, then 1 lap, 20 pushups, 1 lap, 20 T-pushups (no weight).
    Then the workout:
    10 T Pushups on each side with dumbbells
    run across the parking lot to a wall where you do One wall burpee (Drop to the ground pushup jump over the wall) - total Reps 11 for the round. Next round, 9 TPushups, 2 Wall Burpees, etc until you do 1 Tpushup and 10 Wall Burpees. FEEL THE BURN!

Actually I felt really good after doing that and probably could have done more. I will definitely be sore tomorrow, but I didn't feel like I needed to puke afterwards. That's always a good thing! Normally I would go on some form of Trail run with my brother on Thursday nights... but due to a cub scout meeting that's not going to happen. Sad.

Another thing about Crossfit today. I wore my VFF Sprints for the first time in a while... And very quickly remembered WHY I haven't worn them in so long. I really like the weight, the feel, and the form I have when I run in them but my feet are funky - and my last two toes pull in such a way that my pinky toenails get painfully destroyed while running in them or wearing them for too long. Guess that experiment didn't work so well.

Later I'll post my updated before and after (during really) pics. Definitely interesting to see the changes.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    You are awesome! Maybe we can get someone to take the kids for an hour in the next few days and take a run together. I would like that very much!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

So I lied about having pictures up later... I didn't intend to of course, but it turns out the briefs I was wearing in the earlier "before" pictures REALLY aren't appropriate for this forum... so there you have it. I'll get something up eventually.

Took the day off work today for my daughter's 4th birthday. Ran in flipflops pushing a jogging stroller with 2 girls to pick up our boys from school, ran all over the place with various children to various stores to buy birthday gifts and princess tiaras.

Also became a superhero and saved my baby girl from the evil clutches of her crib.

And Yes... OF COURSE I am wearing that mask right now as I type this!!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Crazy long weekend. Lots of good movement - but nothing focused or purposeful... I think there are pluses and minuses to that.

Today I had a decent yoga class - I like this new teacher but I'm left a bit dissatisfied with the lack of FLOW to her classes. I also felt more like either my wife or I should do a Yoga Teacher Training and start trying to do it. There are way too many Hippy Vegans in Yoga and there need to be more Hippy Primal Yogis! Or just Primal... I think my wife is more hippy than I am. She's probably more Primal too! Thankfully, I will always be more hairy. That's a very good thing.

Anyway, even though yoga was good I don't think it was enough for me today. I'm feeling like I need to head up into the mountains for a good run or something. We'll see what ends up happening. Also need to get SOME form of the before and after pictures up... Might have to use a 'before' from October or something.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    You have my permission to go running tonight.

I would love to do yoga cert... I just wish it didn't cost so stinking much!

ps. You are sexy.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    You have my permission to go running tonight.
    Thanks!

I would love to do yoga cert... I just wish it didn't cost so stinking much!
    We could start a savings account for it. Since we're so good at that.

ps. You are sexy.
    Thanks! Not as sexy as YOU of course!

Also forgot to mention that after Yoga I did a bunch of pullups and 10 (5 on each side... so depends how you want to count it!) "Wicked Wipers" Love those.

PS - My derriere does NOT look like that and never will!!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast