Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 3

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Mr. and Mrs. Kakes, what are you guys doing in your profile pics?
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Mr. and Mrs. Kakes, what are you guys doing in your profile pics?
    While Kakes is most definitely my Mrs... I am not Mr. Kakes!

In her profile she is doing Astavakrasana or Eight Angle pose

In mine I am doing "Eka Pada Koundinyasana II" or "Pose Dedicated to the Sage Koundinya II"

Balance poses are one of my favorite things about Yoga - just because it is such a rush of amazingness when you finally accomplish it!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Also my wife has just informed me:

Oh please... :P You are as much Mr. Kakes as I am Mrs. WarlordBlade
    So I apologize.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordBlade View Post
    Also my wife has just informed me:

So I apologize.
    Dang straight. And don't you forget it.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

SORE today from yesterday pullups pushups and squats!

Went for a 'run' with my 10 and 7 year old boys today - next week we are doing a family fun run thing with relatives so we figured we'd show them that they were able to do it if they wanted to. They learned about sprinting and proper form (their shoes didn't help too much with that... and they didn't quite get it either) and found that they could definitely do a 5k if they wanted. If not for my 10 year old we could have done it 10 minutes faster though. My younger boy stayed WAY in front of us!

~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    To be perfectly honest I find the title of your journal to be slightly misleading.

I was expecting a lot more HACK! and SLASH! Or perhaps some Slice and Dice. Maybe the odd recruitment of a child soldier for the purpose of waging guerrilla warfare on the subcontinent.

And yet here we are...with yoga even.

Well, not all is lost. There is still time. You are on the Path of Murder, tasty tasty Murder. So perhaps there's hope for you yet. Red Meat!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    To be perfectly honest I find the title of your journal to be slightly misleading.

I was expecting a lot more HACK! and SLASH! Or perhaps some Slice and Dice. Maybe the odd recruitment of a child soldier for the purpose of waging guerrilla warfare on the subcontinent.

And yet here we are...with yoga even.

Well, not all is lost. There is still time. You are on the Path of Murder, tasty tasty Murder. So perhaps there's hope for you yet. Red Meat!
    Sadly my days of warmongering and slicing my way through swaths of enemies has dropped off considerably since I became a husband and father - but at least I can still HACK! and SLASH! through a bloody steak or tear a chicken limb from limb (rotisserie) to hand juicy hunks of meat to my ravenous offspring...

Still at times it brings a tear to my eye to remember the good ol' days...

Hopefully someday a hunting season will come and I'll find a way to wage guerrilla warfare on that nefarious species of deer that threaten to overtake this world. Partially an excuse to buy a big gun is all I'm really looking for here, but that's beside the point.

Yoga clears the mind! It strengthens and stretches the body and spirit, bringing awareness and confidence to a man who is slowly losing his identity in today's society. Also - I get free yoga (and crossfit) classes at work so I might as well take advantage of it to take a break from the definitely not-Primal nor Adventures life at a desk job!

Hope will never be lost.

RED MEAT!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Well at least you're still vital enough to remember the good old days, yoga aside.

Devour many a sentient creature, and carry on with the Blood Gods' blessing.

Today was way too crazy.

Starting with the time change this weekend - I definitely didn't get enough sleep.

At work I had 7 different meetings back to back (thankfully yoga was one of those, but it made me late to the next meeting)

After work I decided I needed to take advantage of the sunshine and go for a run in the mountains. I took a wrong turn up a road to get into the mountains and ended on the wrong trail - so I went off the trails and braved the rocks and sage brush (which I'm quite allergic to) and charging deer to find my way to where I needed to be. Ended up going 3.11 miles carrying a couple of big rocks to throw at various obstacles and animals (usually they got away, but I wasn't planning on eating them... today)

It felt great to not have the sky be completely dark after work - so in that way I'm happy the time has gone to Daylight Savings. But it doesn't feel like it should be this late so my sleep will be more messed up than its usual messeduppedness.

Pullups, 21s, Curls, Shoulder Press - Threw in a few of those as well. Good day other than all the freakin' meetings!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

RAN today.

2.5 miles in the mountains is a lot more primal than I want it to be - but WOW running down tiny trails is a ton of fun! Also almost 1000 ft of vertical gain is nothing to sneeze at.

BAM! My quads are going to feel that!

The Mountain will be conquered!

ANDDDDDD it's conquered.
    Booyah!

So close on where I want those abs to be... I will get there!

One nice benefit of Primal living - Rip off that shirt almost anywhere! 5,400 ft above sea level with snow on the ground? No problem! Now I just need to add some sun to my pasty whiteness...

Come on summer!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast