Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 20

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Are there "qualifications" for it, or is it purely whoever the judges feel is smexiest? I mean, how do they judge that kind of thing?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    In some ways yes

"- Muscularity and Body Condition - Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity will be marked down.
    - Stage Presence and Personality - Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.) Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot. No lewd acts allowed for example the moon pose. Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience."

You can see the full guidelines here

I still need to find out the fees and membership stuff. Fun.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Been a while since I've updated. I guess since my sexy wife is generating controversy over on the before-and-after thread I'll update here as well.

Not too much has changed in my overall activity - LOTS of trail running (yet still not enough), yoga, BJJ (but not enough pure grappling/sparring/rolling), and fitnes.. Kakes and I did a Spartan Beast which was a lot of fun.

**Side note - I prefer 90% of the Tough Mudder Obstacles over Spartans, but overall I prefer the feel of the Spartan experience. BOTH have WAY too much 'GIVE US MONEY!!!!' aspects, but Spartan Race makes it a bit more pleasant for you.**

I am now just under 8 weeks away from my physique competition. Which means I have tried a couple things I definitely won't be doing continuously after this is over.

I shaved my legs. And kept them shaved for like two weeks. I'm very hairy. That was painful.
    I've let them grow again for a while, but I'm going to have to shave them again shortly before the competition. But then I don't know that I'll ever shave my legs again. It really isn't worth it.

I'm also going to have to get a fake tan. This also is something that probably won't continue - but I will continue to strive for a good "Wow he spends a lot of time outdoors!" tan while I can!

I have started taking a Whey protein supplement and working more with weights again, mostly concentrating on the less useful narcissistic muscles for a while. Biceps Triceps Abs and Pecs.

I figure by doing this and working hard for a couple months - I can see if I can get a ripped six-packed (fake)tan body at least once... then I can continue my goal to look more like Wolverine!

So where does that put me? Oh - Progress Pics. Here you go!

In the middle of a morning run...

1-IMG_6831e.jpg
    After a chest shave.

Time to do some more work!
    Coming up AFTER the Physique Comp - a 50 mile ultra marathon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordBlade View Post
    Been a while since I've updated. I guess since my sexy wife is generating controversy over on the before-and-after thread I'll update here as well.
    Haha, that was apparently my fault. I'll make it clear one more time I was lightheartedly congratulating Kakes on her awesome progress, not anything gross or inappropriate.

Keep us updated on this competition. I'm too lazy to ever do what it would take to compete in physique stuff, but I find the process fascinating and know several people who do it.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Haha, that was apparently my fault. I'll make it clear one more time I was lightheartedly congratulating Kakes on her awesome progress, not anything gross or inappropriate.
    HA! Yeah, she's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Keep us updated on this competition. I'm too lazy to ever do what it would take to compete in physique stuff, but I find the process fascinating and know several people who do it.
    I never thought I would ever do this type of thing either - but have some friends doing it who wrangled me into doing it. We'll see how it goes!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Check out Kakes' update on some of our year (she's amazing!):
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d49422-37.html

We've been two years primal! Crazy!

I'll do a better update when I've got a bit more time (hopefully tonight...) but just wanted to mention the other guys that were going to do the Physique comp bailed, and I figured I'd focus on getting ready for my first 50 mile race, so I dropped out of it too.

This was yesterday...
    6d1c04f8732b11e389901298902a90b0_8.jpg

Which can be seen on my Instagram or here
    Last edited by WarlordBlade; 01-02-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Added links to pic cuz attachments are weird sometimes.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back! I was just thinking yesterday how sad I was that you guys got all fit and left this community. Looks like you had an awesome year.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Did a little bit too much Chronic Cardio to prepare for a 50 mile race!!
    Honestly I think running on trails (even for hours at a time) doesn't count as Mark's definition of "Chronic Cardio" - and I don't really care either!

Finished a 50 miler - Overall 5th place in 8:44, 4th place Male.

Grew like 5 beards... I'm way too hairy, and then I get tired of it, so I shave it. Then I let it grow again. The circle of beards.

Like Kakes mentioned - we like waterfalls.

A lot

Definitely doesn't matter the season. Oh and it's awesome to wear shorts while moving outside. I haven't worn anything BUT shorts while running this winter!

Uh... I had more I was going to say but I can't remember!
    Any thoughts? Questions? Comments? Requests?
    Last edited by WarlordBlade; 01-02-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Somehow said I hadn't worn shorts...
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Welcome back! I was just thinking yesterday how sad I was that you guys got all fit and left this community. Looks like you had an awesome year.
    Grrr... probably part of it is that any reply emails are going to junk! Crazy.

I think my biggest problem is keeping up with everything. Instagram, Fitocracy, Facebook, Blogs, MDA, etc etc.
    Other than the Journals it is hard to WANT to follow some of the other forum boards because of dumb internet people that ruin it for the good ones!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes just informed me I typed I hadn't worn shorts...

Which brings me to this picture from New Years Eve...
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920