Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 2

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The sickness over the weekend was NOT fun... it just wouldn't go away and it seemed to screw up my head a bit. Fuzzy, down, not fun.

Yesterday there was a new Yoga teacher - I've decided that you can never completely judge a teacher or instructor on your first experience with them (and them with you) as you've got to figure out what (if anything) you can learn from this person. I honestly thing if you are open to it you can learn something from anybody and everybody, but it is a choice you have to make. Anyway - first impression was she kept things a lot more simple than I prefer, but sometimes that's what you need anyway. We'll see how it goes.

After I got home from work I did some pushups, pullups, and bicep-curls. Trying to get out of this funk! I think I'm getting there.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    You seemed quite a bit better this morning, which made me very happy. It also made it both easier and harder to send you off to work.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Tuffers is offline Junior Member
    Wow. You have had great results!

Thanks! I feel like I need to do something today but we had a big storm come in so it took away a lot of motivation.

I still have time to do something...

Breakfast today was a couple pieces of pineapple
    Lunch today was 2 leftover fish patties, a few pieces of deli-type-ham, salad, an apple, and a clementine.
    Dinner was a giant salad with olive oil and salt for dressing, and some cube steak.

Tomorrow I am going to Chili's with my work team - they make fun of me throughout our weekly lunches but I've been good about stickin to my primal guns on these outings!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

For Breakfast I had 4 pieces of Bacon and a Veggie and Fruit Smoothie made by my amazing wife.

For lunch we drove a bit farther than normal to go to a specific Chili's to help the volunteer efforts of a coworker's daughter. I guess if you sign up Chili's will donate 15% of all the business you bring in to their location. Not bad!

I got a steak and ribs combo - I don't think the sauce on the ribs was very primal, but the meat was good. Surprisingly after 2 servings of steamed broccoli, a 6 oz sirloin, and a half rack of ribs... I was still hungry!! Not starving or anything, but I could have eaten probably another serving of both steak and ribs! Decent though.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

HUNGRY! I think my body is trying to tell me something.

Like I should TOTALLY go down a box of Mike & Ike's right?!?
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Last night had some great Rump Roast for dinner with a Salad. Yum! Our kids (10, 7, 4, 2) ate TONS, which is good because they are all too skinny.

We are realizing that while our grass-fed Coriante beef it GOOD, we probably would have preferred to get the more fatty Angus - so next time we'll definitely do that.

After dinner did some pull ups, pushups, L-sits and a few other random things... Nothing too crazy and probably not even enough - but it felt good.

Today we have another work lunch - we are going to Stockmens Steakhouse so at least I know they will have something for me!

After work we are meeting up with my crazy ultramarathoner brother so that we can get some running done in preparation for the RAGNAR RELAY in June and a few other races that may be happening before them. Running Race season is a lot of fun! I've got a lot of potential events coming up!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

"Lunch Steak: Twin filets of petite tender, wrapped in bacon." + Salad Bar

Steaks come with a side of fries.

Tried a couple of fries and they just weren't worth it! About 8 oz of Steak with bacon around the side - it was quite tasty even though I asked for Medium Rare and really got Medium Well - well-done. I usually am pretty happy with steak no matter what... like I'm not going to send it back - but it is still a bit surprising how bad they are off lately!

Also just like yesterday after eating out - I did not feel even close to full. I personally am not one that feels the need to be full, as I think it is a weakness in our culture that we feel the need to eat to satiation every meal. You don't. But I wasn't even CLOSE. I didn't need more food necessarily - but still felt that hunger in my belly, not just wanting to eat more for the taste, if that makes sense.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Ran 3 miles with my younger brother in the mountains above his house. It was starting to get dark so we kept it short and quick - 3 miles in 32 minutes starting at 4,850 elev and peaking at over 5250 ft. Starting right on the meanest uphill too... Could have used a warmup for sure!

Went back to his house where my amazing wife made delicious bacon wrapped chicken and salad and brussell sprouts!
    Ended the night with tea sweetened with freshly bought local honey. Wow! that stuff packs a kick! Hopefully it'll help with my allergies some.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to do crossfit - we'll see how that goes!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

PrimalCon New York
    Trainer wasn't here today - guess he's doing RKC Kettlebell recertification or something up in Seattle.

So the 3 of us that were there decided to do the "Cindy" Benchmark.

I didn't do as good as I normally can - my best is 18 rounds. Today I did 14... but with my bad counting it very well could have been 13, but it also could have been 17! Still good hard fast workout. I like those.

"Cindy," if you don't know or needed a refresher, is a 20 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible) where you do:
    5 Pull Ups
    10 Push Ups
    15 Squats

I like the simplicity - and the only thing it is missing from the PEM's is a plank. Maybe I'll do that when I get home.

Maybe.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast