Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 15

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah! Kakes and I watched her Brother's kids on Friday night so they could have an Anniversary hotel trip.
    Our 12 year old Niece watched the kids while Kakes and I went for a run. Fantastic!

Unfortunately I had a painful weekend due to a debilitatingly painful toothache - went to the dentist this morning and had a ROOT CANAL. PAINFUL!!! I hope this pain goes away soon.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Well thankfully the pain is better today (the day after the root canal) than it was on Sunday...

Still feeling a bit woozy/weird though. Missed out on BJJ because of it, and didn't really do anything physical yesterday.

Blech. Hope I get past this weirdness quickly. At least I'm not in pain!!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are feeling better babe. Hopefully you'll be up for running tonight!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Ran Tuesday night - told my brother "I'm probably going to take it easy" and then ran faster than he expected. Whoops. I have a work 5k I want to do well in ($25 or so gift card for top 3 finishers!) so I don't want to slow down too much right now... not when I'm running on roads.

I really don't love running on roads.

Fantastic morning with Yoga and Climbing. Took me longer to get into yoga today because I was just feeling sluggish - haven't done yoga all week! Crazy.

Then a really good time climbing on the climbing walls. One of our maintenance guys is taking some high level climbing classes and has had to create some routes - so he graded and created some new routes. The hardest one is a 5.9... which isn't that hard really... I'm still not familiar with the grades - but it was fun to go up the different routes tehre were multiple times. my forearms are pumped, which I guess is kind of bad since I was supposed to be practicing my 'sagging' while climbing (arms stretched long - butt sagging down - uses a lot less energy in your arms and allows for a greater leg range of motion).

Anyway so those sore arms made Crossfit awesome! (ha... haaa. haha)
    Warmup:
    Repeat this first sequence 3 times:
    -1 lap around gym
    -10 Wall Balls (15 lb medicine ball)
    -10 KB Deadlifts (40 lb kb)
    -1 set stairs (about 40 stairs up and down)
    1 set of dragon crawls (kind of like spiderman crawls but a bit harder) across the gym and back
    Repeat this second sequence twice:
    -14 one arm KB Swings (7 each arm)
    -Waiter Walk (KB Straight above your head across the gym and back - each arm)
    Finish with
    10 Tuck Jumps
    5 Burpees

That was a tiring warmup.

WOD:
    (I elected to do the harder version and add a set of 50 at the top and bottom of the ladder, so mine looked like this)
    50 KB Snatches, 10 Box Jumps (30" box)
    40 KB Snatches, 20 Box Jumps
    30 KB Snatches, 30 Box Jumps
    20 KB Snatches, 40 Box Jumps
    10 KB Snatches, 50 Box Jumps

(everybody else except one other was 40, 10 etc to 10, 40)
    I finished in 18:17ish - probably 3rd done. I'm fine with that!

THEN for an extra extra challenge (since adding a 50 set wasn't challenge enough - but that one was voluntary) we did walking lunges around the gym. It took me 72 lunges to get around the gym.

Also just for fun I decided to do a couple muscle-ups after all that. I did 2 and decided that was plenty.

Snow has been falling ALL DAY - I'm kind of putting off getting into the car to drive home - even though I'd MUCH rather be there than here. I don't worry about driving in snow because of my driving skills - it's the skils of everybody else!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Wow... it has already been a week since I last updated here. Crazy.

It has been a long week. After the crazy workout of last Friday, I crashed more than I wanted to on the weekend. Lots of snow snow snow!

Sunday night, really Monday just after Midnight... I realized that I was supposed to be at an online training at 8AM EST... so 6 AM MST... DANGIT! And I didn't know who to talk to etc. So I got up early and tried logging in from home, but the times were off some - so I drove into work and signed in from there. Ended up going BACK home because of firewall issues connecting to the training servers from work - and spent the next 2.5 days staring at a computer screen hardly moving. Yikes. That's draining. I learned a lot of useful work-type stuff, but it messed up my workouts and recovery and everything.

I DID find time to do a decent workout Monday night (5 sets of 10 pullups, 20 pushups, 25 squats) but then didn't do anything until Yesterday when I ran a 5k AND BJJ. That was nice. Being able to do stuff at work helps a lot, so part of it was just not having that available like normal. Anyway - I was hoping to beat 20 minutes in the 5k yesterday, I ended up with 21:02 - partially because of the crazy busy earlier part of the week, but still that's a PR for me so I'm pretty happy with it.

BJJ we covered Takedowns - reviewed a few things and then I grappled with the trainer and just tried really hard to not let him get me with the same thing more than once. I didn't do very good!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Yoga and Climbing this morning. I really really like Friday mornings because of them.

Even though I have to wake up early.

Also - I really like wearing my running shorts vs. most other clothing options there are. Especially while doing pretty much any form of exercise except BJJ.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

s'Been 12 days since I last updated!

Had a lot of fun stuff happen - you can check it out on my blogspot if you want - but I'll add a few pictures from the Turkey Leg and a video of my Black Friday trail run. Fun stuff!

Saturday morning Trails with the fam

Turkey Leg 5k: (20th place in 21:33)

Crazy that it's almost December and the weather is fantastic for running.

My son doing the 1k

Flying Crow!

Kakes' pose looks MUCH better than mine!

Black Friday Bushwhack!

I was definitely the slowest on that crazy run. 2.5 hours to go 7 miles. THAT's a pretty primal run there!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

We've been primal for a year today!
    Holy moly! Crazy how time flies!
    Guess I need to grease up and take an 'after one year picture' eh? Maybe I should slather myself in tanning lotion so it looks like I've been getting enough sun and vitamin D the natural way!

Actually I've been outside plenty - but when it looks like this:

It's kind of hard to get much Sunshine!

I definitely haven't been posting much on the MDA forums or this primal journal - too busy with Facebook and my other blog postings - which I'm a couple of days behind on as well - two winter runs to document!
    Icy beards are awesome!

So I'll post later with a better look back at the past year - progresses, challenges, successes, that sort of thing!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yay!

That is all.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    ^i second what she said!^
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast