Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 14

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Everything is SO expensive! I need to start organizing my own so people comp me to theirs so I'll let them into mine!!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

BJJ today was great - I am finally allowing myself to just grapple when 'rolling' and not worry. Just do it. So far I haven't remembered the moves enough to actually execute many, but I've been keeping myself fairly safe, which is good for a beginner!

Last Friday we (Kakes and I) crewed and paced my brother on a 50 mile ultramarathon in the Utah desert. It was awesome! I ran almost 20 miles - probably exceeded 20 with all the playing around. If you want to read a full account of it you can find that here.

It's pretty long.

If you don't want to that's fine too - here are a few pictures from the event!

Just me runnin - getting sunburned - the usual

The Crew and Runner together at almost the finish:

Me before I put my shirt back on at the finish line

Kakes and I at the end:

I don't think I'd be crazy enough to run a 50 miler. But I do know I could run a Marathon if I wanted. As of right now - I'm good.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

I can't believe it is November... This year is flying!!

Hope everybody had a happy Halloween yesterday! I love Halloween!

I seem to have two stumbling blocks right now.
    1 is lack of motivation for fitness-related goals... I mean I am motivated to keep doing stuff - I'm still very regular with BJJ and Yoga classes at work (and really like them!) but for some reason I feel like I am just missing some sort of motivator. Like I need something to be preparing for other than the normal "Preparing to be awesome for LIFE!!" and my overall goal of always being ready and able (physically) to do whatever I feel like.
    2 is the season. I've always been a sugar-fiend and Halloween has LOADS of candy. I think that since we are REALLY good sticking primal I've been fine that it isn't really affecting my 'progress' (weight not changing and muscular definition still improving some) - but I've been more lethargic because I haven't avoided the sugar... and who knows - it could be affecting #1 as well...

I think part of it too is that I haven't been up into the mountains in too long!!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    So head to the mountains! Take a mental health day and just go.

For me it is the woods. My husband calls it the Forest Fix. When I'm out of sorts I go onto the logging roads for a couple hours and I come back in a much better frame of mind.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

That is a good idea - take a sick-from-work day and do it!
    The biggest problem is that if I'm home I want to be with my family - and they want to be with me after I'm gone with work and such. So it's hard to leave them and do it on my own. If I can get Kakes to come with me (and she's more than willing!) that means we have to find a babysitter. If everybody goes it really loses its rejuvenating abilities! 4 Kids are rough to take places

STILL it is a good idea... a full day off from work and a couple of hours alone in the mountains - not bad.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Family is there for a reason. Do your kids have aunts and uncles that would like a quality day with your kids? You know. Spoil 'em and return 'em??
    My parents took six kids under the age of ten on a weeklong backpacking trip in the Olympic Mountains and I remember it to this day. While it may not be what you need RIGHT NOW, what an awesome bonding that could be!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I was trying to tell Boyfriend about your crazy plank achievement (was it some competition thing for work) that you did. Wasn't it holding a plank for 8 minutes or something? I can't find the post or blog entry about it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Family is there for a reason. Do your kids have aunts and uncles that would like a quality day with your kids? You know. Spoil 'em and return 'em??
    My parents took six kids under the age of ten on a weeklong backpacking trip in the Olympic Mountains and I remember it to this day. While it may not be what you need RIGHT NOW, what an awesome bonding that could be!
    Yeah I come from a family of 7 kids. I was 3rd overall 1 girl (oldest) then 6 boys! I have NO idea how my parents handled that craziness! Although to be honest we were all (and still are) fairly mellow people...
    Usually the family that we trade off for things like that comes along with us on our weekly trail running outings! It's just been too crazy busy.

Really I need to be a better dad about having those bonding experiences and making memories with my kids!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I was trying to tell Boyfriend about your crazy plank achievement (was it some competition thing for work) that you did. Wasn't it holding a plank for 8 minutes or something? I can't find the post or blog entry about it.
    Yeah it was for a work 'olympics' type of competition. I was on "Team Canada" and we got 5th place out of 5 teams! HA!
    I still hurt thinking about that plank event - not so much because of MY time but the time of the winners. EIGHTEEN minutes!

Crazy.

I went ALMOST 9 minutes. (post here)
    I currently have no plans to beat that record for now. I should do more planks though - I do want to over work the abs for a while and maybe finally get a REAL six-pack!

Great yoga class this morning - a bit of soreness from BJJ yesterday... I think I have a rib out which is why I keep having stiffness in my neck and upper back. Was hoping to climb on the rock wall after yoga but the keys weren't around (the fitness program at my work really is fantastic!) so I did a few random things.

This afternoon I finally made it back to crossfit (BJJ, Yoga, Climbing, Weights, Crossfit! Yeah... Fantastic!)
    Warmup:
    10 KB Squat Press
    Side Run
    10 KB Press
    Run
    10 Pushups
    Backwards Run
    10 KB Swing
    Grapevine
    10 Goblet Squat
    Skipping

Workout (I used a 35 lb KB)
    10 KB Squat-Press
    Run (1/10th a mile)
    20 KB Push-press
    Run
    30 KB Goblet Squat
    Run
    40 KB Swing
    Run
    50 KB Snatch
    Run
    40 KB Swing
    Run
    30 KB Goblet Squat
    Run
    20 KB Push-press
    Run
    10 KB Squat-Press
    Run
    Finished first in 19:19, next person was 20:25. I had the 2nd lightest weight out there though - and that makes a HUGE difference in times!

For the final challenge we had a quarter mile 'race' around our parking lot - I beat a guy who normally beats me easy, by 7 seconds. I finished it in 1:06. In the Mile (for the same competition as the Planks) he beat me by about 25-30 seconds.

Then to seal that I really CAN do muscle-ups (yay!) I did 3 when we came back inside.

I feel pretty dang good considering I haven't done crossfit in almost a month. Regular Yoga, Brazilian Jujitsu and the running I have done probably help with that.

Wow long post
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Mirror image family here. Seven kids. One boy, six girls and I am the third child.

The memories you make as a family now are what your kids will carry forward into their own lives.

PrimalCon New York
    Have you gotten up to the mountains yet?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast