Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 12

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah it is one of THE five cars used in the filming of the movie. He must be! If you have contact with 'em tell him to come see me in the Fitness Zone in the store.

Also most the other food lines were closed so I decided to try the "Udon Noodle" line. The Organic Vegan cafe food is probably the best stuff there, and I get FULL, but not satisfied. Kind of annoying to eat a ton of food and not be satisfied. So I got 2 bites in and it was not good. 4 bites in and I literally started feeling sick. I tease Kakes about her super-sensitivity about certain things she eats, like how quick she realizes "I shouldn't have eaten that", but I felt it today real quick!

Now since Kakes is still camping - I'm going to go for a trail run before it gets too dark!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have been waiting and hoping for an update from you. How are you doing?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

WOW! It's been over 2 weeks since I updated? I didn't realize it had been that long. I thought I'd updated more recently.
    Sorry!

That convention always throws a wrench in everything it seems... takes a while to get back into the groove. Surprisingly, other than some candy and soda (I think still way less than 20%), I didn't have any issues staying primal at the convention except for the couple of bites mentioned in my last entry.

So one thing working that convention does to me EVERY year is make me feel completely dead by the end. Total ZOMBIE shuffle looking for brains type of feeling.

This year because I was working out, helping people stretch, etc - definitely helped some. BUT more than that, I felt more alive, more invigorated, and more able to handle ridiculous working hours and all the joys of conventions because I am HEALTHY and FIT and active and WELL. Made a HUGE difference. I LOVE feeling good most of the time. It's great!

I've been on runs, had some great crossfit workouts, some awesome backyard HIIT nights, and more - which if you really want you can read on my fitness blog, which I occasionally update better than I do here, and you can see what workouts I'm doing over at Fitocracy - which is fun. I do wish sex was trackable on there... (see xkcd ha) I honestly think that one of the 'secrets' to a very healthy lifestyle and just feeling amazing is consistent lovin!

ANYWAY - I've been doing lots of yoga and climbing on the new indoor climbing wall we have at my work. I've been training people in how to safely use a harness, belay using a grigri, and tying a figure 8 knot - it's been awesome. I'm glad I can finally put my rock climbing equipment to use at a good price (FREE!) I'm looking forward to Friday's at work especially - early morning yoga followed by rock climbing then work then finish the day with a crossfit class!

A couple fitness goals have been completed recently!
    I've had muscle-ups as an official goal for a while - even though I've been able to do one here and there. Yesterday, I did TEN of them in a row. They aren't as smooth as I'd like, but I'm going to keep working on them!
    Next was one I didn't think I'd get to for a while, but they were a finishing workout in Crossfit last week. Pistol Squats! I have tried occasionally to do even just ONE of those, with no luck. Something clicked and I did 20 on each leg! Woohoo!

As for other goals, I'm not as close on any of them because I haven't focused on them. It's been BUSY! But like the Pistol squat - I think I'll accomplish them if I keep doing what I'm doing!

~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

On Friday we had a great workout - you can read about it on Kakes Journal.

Wall Runs are fun.

Yesterday we had loads of family activities, birthdays, etc. Lots of junk and not enough working out for me!

I guess today (maybe tomorrow though really) is our EIGHT MONTH Primal Anniversary. Crazy! It's been quite the ride, and nowhere near as hard as everybody else (i.e. not us) expected it to be. People are silly.

But we've stuck to it and we are healthy!

Like Kakes said in her journal, probably time for pics. Awesome!

Here's a couple more pics from our Friday Workout:

I think tomorrow we are either running or doing another HIIT. We can pretty much decide what WE want to do since nobody else wants to decide. I kind of want to go up into the mountains, but we'll see if that happens.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Holy busy week, Batman!!

We didn't run on Monday/Labor Day - but we DID get a bunch of family members to join us in a quick HIIT workout before allowing them to eat!

Warmup: Pushup x10, Air Squat x20, Lap around yard - Repeat (2 times total)
    Workout: 1 minute interval: Jump Rope, Shovel Glove, Medicine Ball Throw and Chase, Tire Flip, KB Swing, Ab Wheel Rollouts, Burpees, Chair Dips

Good stuff!
    Tuesday was the first day of school and we took our kids to play at a local park.
    Wednesday I climbed and had an awesomely tough yoga class.
    Thursday I did BJJ - we even videoed it for our viewing pleasure. If you go to about 18 minutes (after the credits), you can see me take FOREVER to get some moves:
    Mat Time with Micah - Jujitsu - 2012-09-06 - YouTube

More in another post!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Friday morning had a great yoga class followed by a half hour of climbing on the new climbing wall in our work gym. Fun new blisters and callouses on my fingers from that! I really enjoy climbing.

Friday afternoon I attended our Crossfit class. Warmed up with a half mile run (the route would be included in our workout) and some double kettlebell cleans, squats and presses, since that is also what we were doing for the workout. I had 2 35 lb kettle bells for the workout. When we were done with that, we started the workout, to finish for time:
    Run .5 miles
    Double Kettlebell Clean, DKB Squat, DKB Press 10 times
    5 burpees
    DKB CSP 8 times, 5 burpees, 6 KB, 5 b, 4 KB, 5b, 2 KB, 5 burpees
    Run .5 miles

I finished 2nd with a time of 14:32.
    After the main workout we had 2 more finishing workouts, the first being Russian Twists with a kettle bell - 20 seconds on, 10 second rest, 8 rounds. Yikes! The first 4 or 5 rounds I was all right, then that 35 lbs was tough!

We finished off the workout with about 20 yards of Handstand Walks. I still can't even do a normal handstand, let alone walking on my hands! So I kicked up and pedaled my hands a few times and came down until I made it that 20 yards.

You'd think that'd be enough for one day, but I really wanted to get some sort of trail running in this week - so Kakes and I went for a run! 3.5 miles at a fairly slow pace, but still not bad for the road and trails we were on. It was a very pleasant evening!

Today (er, Saturday) we did a workout to get ready for the Tough Mudder next month. It was pretty brutal, especially with everything I did Friday!

The workout consisted of 3 15 minute sections:
    Warmup/Round 1:
    Run for 2 minutes, Bear Walk for 1 minute, Run, Monkey Bars, Run, Crab Walk, Run, Monkey Bars!, Run, Walking lunges (my nemesis!)
    Round 2:
    Run 2 minutes, Tire Flip 1 minute, Run, Sledgehammer, Run, Sandbag (70#) lift (clean, clean & press, whatever), Run, Jump Rope, Run, Dip Walk,
    Round 3:
    Farmer Carry 2 minutes, Burpees 1 minute, Sled pull (sandbag in sled), Jump angle sprint (Broad jump forward, Sprint to the side and forward for about 10 yards, repeat), Medicine Ball throw and chase (17# ball), Goblet squat (20# kb), Agility Ball throw and catch, More MONKEY BARS! and Box Jumps.

Awesome workout!

Sheesh... what a week!
    I wonder what next week will be like!!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Met with our wellness coordinator this morning and had a second biometric screening done because I wanted to see what 8 months of Primal looked like compared to the 3 months results I had back in March.

09/12, 03/12, 05/11 Results:
    • Test: 09/12 - 03/12 - 05/11
    • Blood Pressure: 117/65 - 111/56 - 111/69
    • Total Cholesterol: 213 - 214 - 204
    • HDL: 44- 32 - 42
    • Triglycerides: 125 - 97 - 116
    • LDL: 144 - 163 - ?
    • Glucose: 100 - 90 - 89
    • Heart Rate: 59 - 62 - ?

Interesting changes. I'm pretty happy with the cholesterol changes, but not sure what to think about the TRG and Glucose increases. Weird.

Oh also had a caliper testing and my body fat came in at 11.8%. I need to get some calipers. Everybody seems to measure with calipers differently.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Higher trig results are pretty common for primal/paleo folks, I think. Do you guys eat organic pastured/grass-fed meats, or just whatever the store has? I think that's one of the things that can make a difference (but this more technical stuff confuses me). Glucose could just be a fluke at the time of testing (timing of last meal, for example).

I was thinking about your weight and comment about being too skinny the other day. At 5'11" and 11.8% BF, well, as a male, you could go lower in BF, but I don't think you're too skinny. I suppose it depends on one's perspective. The guys in my life are generally taller than you (except for Boyfriend, who is all of 5'8"), and when they were skinny in high school, with fairly low body fat and not much muscle either, they were around 150 lbs. So. I don't know what I'm saying here. I guess, don't be too hard on yourself (maybe you are not, my head is in a funny place today). You guys work hard and look good!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I might be a little to hard on myself about that, but really it's mostly just lighthearted stuff. I would like to put on a bit more muscle but overall I'm quite satisfied with myself.

For a few years now I've had the idea in my head that my ideal weight is 175 with a below 10% BF. Is that really that important? Considering how I feel right now probably not.

Eventually I may get there, but right now I'm kind of enjoying life - I think it'd take some major diet focus i.e. eating more food especially protein for GAINING not just for maintenance. So I'll leave it as my ultimate 'goal' but . . . I'll get there someday! Maybe. Or maybe not. As long as I have Kakes I'll be fine.

Thanks for the support and reminder to not worry about it - I do appreciate that!!

We mostly just eat whatever the store has right now. With the debt we are working off and the feeding of SIX people (sheesh that still shocks me, ha!) the Costco stuff we get seems to be better than some other options but mostly we get what's cheap.

Thinking about the higher trig and Glucose results - I think it might have been the VERY large serving of Breyers Neopolitan icecream I had last night about 9 o'clock. You are supposed to fast before the testing, which I did from when I finished the ice cream at around 9-9:10 until 9:35ish this morning when I had the blood-taking-poke.

Either way I've been feeling like I need a bit of a 'cleanse' week with strict lower-carb habits... Just to kind of reset a bit.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Oh - and also if I plug those numbers into this website:
    Cholesterol HDL/LDL/Triglycerides Ratios Calculator
    My ratios look pretty good - even at the current levels. I think there is always room for improvement - so I'll keep trying - but I'm not going to worry about it too much!

Trail running tonight! Woohoo!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast