Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 11

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Can you recommend somewhere to find more information online about what Crossfit is and how it works? I think Boyfriend might really like it (plus, I'm secretly hoping it will make him go paleo) and I suggested it to him today, but he knows nothing about it, and I don't know much either. It looks like some of the gyms around here do a free first session, but I think he needs to know enough to make it intriguing before bothering with that
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Well their main website "CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness" is an okay place to start - along with their 'What is Crossfit?' and their library of Crossfit Exercises - I don't LOVE their website setup, but there is a lot of information there.

Probably the BEST place is to see if a local affiliate (crossfit gym) has a website, they usually explain how THEY work, what their schedule is, their philosophy on workouts, etc. You can find a local affiliate on their Official CrossFit Affiliate Gym Locator

I'm really lucky that my company pays one of the owners of a local Crossfit Affiliate to come into our gym and have classes almost every day. I think that's too much for my goals, so I usually just go Fridays to shock my system with a crazy workout. Crossfit memberships are expensive so without that I don't think I would do it.

HOWEVER, once you are familiar with the workouts and proper mechanics - there are a LOT of things you can do on your own equipment, in local parts, wherever. Then there are things like The WOD Shop - Online CrossFit Workout of the Day (WOD) Generator that can help you put together your workout.

Uh... hopefully I put something useful in there somewhere
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

That video is pretty good.

Crossfit is definitely not as good for weightloss and other normal fitness goals for people (it can work... it's just they might get injured before they see the benefits because they aren't ready for the level of intensity required) - it's more for people who are already in pretty good shape who want to challenge themselves.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

patski is offline Senior Member
    nameless,

Crossfit is badass. That's all he needs to know
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

So I figured I'd be pretty sore today - but I still wanted to do something more than yard work or house repairs today. (Finally climbed up on the roof replacing some flashing that flew off in a windstorm a while - HOT and tiring, but DONE!)

After a while watching the Olympics I decided I wanted to go for a run. An easy run because my legs are tired and sore from yesterday's Crossfit workout.

5.5 miles up and down a canyon later... YIKES! My legs are really beat now! A slow but decent 13 min/mile up and a 7 min/mile average down for a total average of 10.5 min/mile. I'm pretty happy with that considering how my legs are. Felt good, got some sun, and even took some comparison shots.
    Here I am a bit over a year ago in May, and then today (well Saturday since it's after midnight here)

You'd think with all the sun I've been getting (although it doesn't help I was sunburned in the May '11 picture!) I at least wouldn't look so pasty! It's all about lighting folks. I still am pasty but sheesh.

Well namelesswonder I joined Fitocracy too! http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/warlordblade/
    Put my workouts in for Friday and Saturday and jumped up to lvl 7... that was fast! If anybody else is on there and follows me, let me know so I can follow you back!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordBlade View Post
    Second image had a wonky link and wasn't showing up.

I like Fitocracy because you can view your progress in graphs As my biking distance increases, that will be pretty cool to see!

Weird it's showing up for me in both places... Maybe I should just upload it to me blog instead of using the Bodyspace images.

Laziness FTW!!

Yeah I'll like the graphs once I get a few more workouts in there! I also like that it auto-links to my running tracker that I use on my phone.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Yesterday was my 11th wedding anniversary. I can't believe that I've been married to the most wonderful (and beautiful) woman for ELEVEN years! Crazy! Got some very good Primal workouts in.

Reached Level 11 today due to a massive backyard workout and a mile run that accomplished almost 1000 points from goal achievements beyond the points for the run.
    Here's all the craziness I did today - (another day off yay!)
    L-Sit:
    15 sec (+10 pts)
    31 sec (+21 pts)
    15 sec (+10 pts)
    These are L-sits off the ground using Push-up handles
    Other Dancing: (Dancing to Youtube songs to entertain my 2 year old - hey it could count for a quest!)
    0:10:00 || Moderate (+20 pts)
    Jump Squat (Toyotas):
    15 reps (+11 pts)
    Muscle-Up:
    6 reps (+193 pts)
    Running:
    0:06:36.5 || 1 mi || 6:33.3 min/mi (+144 pts)
    Running Activity 1.01 mi | RunKeeper
    Jump Rope:
    0:01:00 (+5 pts)
    0:01:00 (+5 pts)

Double Under Jump Rope:
    0:01:00 (+6 pts)
    Pull-Up:
    20 reps (+119 pts)
    Chin-Up:
    10 reps (+63 pts)
    Box Jumps:
    21 jumps || 28 in (+84 pts)
    10 jumps || 28 in (+34 pts)
    Kettlebell Headcutters:
    35 lb x 15 reps (+50 pts)
    35 lb x 5 reps (+37 pts)
    Tire Flip:
    100 lb x 22 reps (+52 pts)
    100 lb x 10 reps (+46 pts)

KB Walking Lunges:
    35 lb x 32 reps (+89 pts)
    Burpee:
    11 reps (+24 pts)
    Push-Up:
    10 reps (+15 pts)
    Body Weight Squat:
    20 reps (+13 pts)
    Body Weight Inverted Row (Let Me Ups) aka Australian Pullups:
    32 reps (+51 pts)
    20 reps (+32 pts)

Jumping Jacks:
    50 jumping jacks (+15 pts)
    Kick-Throughs: (They didn't have this so I used Scissor kicks ha)
    20 reps (+6 pts)
    Foam Rolling:
    10:00 (+18 pts)
    Stretching:
    0:15:00 (+3 pts)
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Been a few days since I updated!!

Last weekend Kakes and I did the CAHOOTS Duo Race - you can see some pictures and read her account of it here It was a lot of fun. I like those mud races. Really looking forward to the next two I've got in the next two months! Dirty Dash (Again!) next month, and Tough Mudder in October. Eh I guess I'll put our final picture up here:

In the middle of a crazy Convention week for the MLM Vitamin company I work for. Pretty cool company, they just gave ipad 2's to all the distributors who came to convention. I am really lucky to get to spend this week in the 'Fitness Zone' helping people stretch out, helping them go through a quick workout (squats, lunges, pushups, whatever we feel like) and I usually do it with them. For fun all this week I'll also doing the 'functionally useless' Barbell curl with the heaviest weight we brought over, a 60 lb curl bar it has been fun, plus I really enjoy helping people roll out the kinks in their backs and legs from sitting around in training sessions and big meetings.

I also got to do the catwalk on stage of the Utah Jazz' home Energy Solutions Arena wearing a logo hat and shirt. HA.

"I'm, too sexy for this shirt!" It really does hurt.

It's hard to eat right with the crap options they've given us. I had the rice bowl a few times, it was all right but the meat was scary and the veggies were not even steamed! Raw Broccoli and carrots (that I have to pick out anyway stupid food allergies) in a rice bowl is just weird.

Today my vegetarian friend convinced me to try the Organic Vegetarian food cafe option, and sadly it is MUCH better than the other options, but too much! I still had to steal the meat off a coworker's sandwich (she had half she wasn't going to eat) BIG and really not bad Beet, Jicama, lettuce, cucumber and pesto salad...
    We'll see what I do tomorrow. They usually don't change the menu.

However... we do have the Delorean at convention so I could probably change some things...

Also... I'm not sure how long I want the beard to stick around...
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

THE DeLorean?! A co-worker showed me a picture of his friend sitting in THE DeLorean yesterday. He must be at your convention!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast