Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade! page 10

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A thought on the exercise shirt: I don't know what materials are best for breathability while working out (cotton, but it'll get pretty soaked with sweat), but I would imagine a fairly well-fitted shirt, without being tight, and sleeveless, would be the best option. Maybe you could wear just a tank-top style under-shirt? I vote for something skimpy, so you are technically abiding by the rules, but bare enough to be comfortable
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that's a good idea. I need some good 'A-Shirts' for stuff like that. The problem with most A-shirt undershirts from Hanes and Fruit of the Loom are they stretch out a ton - so maybe a running store will have something that works better. Thanks for the ideas
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Yesterday Kakes put together a HIIT/Tabata/Crossfit type workout for us to do with my sister and her husband. She is a wimp so we're getting her to do harder things, but it was somewhat made so she could do it too...
    4 stations, 4 workouts, do each workout for a minute, then after that station is done switch to the next station. Worked out Fantastic and we got a great sweaty workout in.
    Station 1:
    Knee hops, Ring Push ups, Aussie Ring Pull ups, Pull ups or flexed-hangs (This one was probably the hardest to just 'do each exercise for a minute'!)
    Station 2:
    KB Swings, Weighted Squats (we had a 75lb curl bar), Planks, Headcutters
    Station 3:
    Mountain Climbers, Back and Forth's (see picture below), Tire Flips, Walking Lunges
    Station 4:
    Burpees, Back and Forth's, Tire Slams (16 lb sledgehammer), Medicine Ball Toss

Back and Forth's with the big tire!

Tire flips across the yard

Not one of the workouts, but fun!

Today for the Wednesday lunch we went to Cracker Barrel. We go there too much, but at least they have a good low-carb section of the menu. I got the Low Carb Rib Eye with the House Salad and Green Beans. Pretty good, but more money than I wanted to pay today... I need to find a way to make more or make some extra to pay down more of the debts and actually be able to DO stuff.

Did my free credit report thing and it's looking pretty good. I wish you didn't have to PAY for your score. I'm hoping to get my last credit card debt onto one of those 0% interest 0 fee balance transfer cards for a while to pay it down faster... but I applied for the card I wanted before the earlier payoff had fully gone through, so I'm not sure if I can try that same company! Doh!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

6.8-7.2 mile trail run last night (depending on whose GPS data you use!) We bombed that trail passing pretty much everybody. I think only 2 bikers passed us going DOWN and none passed us on the way up. 37 minutes to get to the top, 24-25 minutes to get back down!

At the top, doing some Astavakrasana!

At the bottom with my gorgeous wife Kakes!

After Kakes' HIIT workout on Tuesday and the run last night (and staying up too late) my body did NOT want me to get out of bed this morning. Ugggggh. Almost made me break my 'Don't Buy Mt. Dew' rule...
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Oh yeah and before we ran I hung my rings up in my sister's tree (we were based at her house for the running night) so we could play around on them, or so the kids could. I think they stayed inside and played video games most of the night though...

After the run we played around on them for a while. I would like to be able to do the harder strength routines - I mean not like the stuff we'll see at the Olympics here in the next few weeks, but I would like to be able to do that type of movement/hold. At least some of it! It's amazing how much strength it takes just to stabilize your body to hold yourself up!

Have I mentioned my wife is amazingly awesome? She is.

~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Crossfit Friday was a Deck of Cards workout
    Warmup!
    20 Wall Runs (handstand against the wall, alternate hand to shoulder-touches)
    20 Air Squats
    20 Bicycles
    20 Superman's
    2 Stairs
    Workout:
    Draw a card, workout is suit, number of reps is number on card (Aces 15, Kings 13, etc) - deck split with a teammate
    Clubs - Renegade Rows
    Spades - Pushups
    Diamonds - Deadlifts
    Hearts - Weighted Russian Twists
    Joker - Both team members do 25 burpees

I did WAY too many renegade rows. My back is STILL kind of sore from that. Good back sore in the upper part, not so good in the lower, but not all bad back pain, some of it is the good muscular development kind.

Saturday was my family reunion. This used to be a week-long crazy event with close to 200 people, but as everybody gets older and my cousins all have kids (and some of my cousin's kids have kids!) we finally changed it to a one day thing. There were still almost 90 people there. My younger brother is a trail-ultra-runner guy and wanted to see the finish to the Speedgoat 50k that was in the canyon next to the canyon our reunion was in. So we went down to see the finish. Cool to see some big name world class trail runners like Kilian Jornet, Anton Krupicka, Max King, etc in their element.
    Here's me with Anton Krupicka (who is very Primal/Grok looking, except for the recent addition of hipster sunglasses and upside-down visor...)

Later we decided we would hit our run that was planned for earlier in the day, but didn't happen. My dad decided to come along and that slowed us WAY down... which was not good considering we were already crunched for time with Reunion activities and had gotten in trouble for taking too long to go see the 50k finish! Beautiful trail run ended up being just under 11 miles, longest I've gone in a while, but what's awesome is my body CAN do that if I want to! Even up at almost 10,000 feet elevation for more than half of it!
    My younger brother and I ended up leaving the other 3 behind since we were in charge of the evening entertainment program - and rushed down to make it. The others took another TWO hours!

Desolation Lake. Beautiful little lake with an ominous name!

Food-wise at the reunion was interesting. I didn't have any problems, my allergies make it easy to say no to certain things, but I didn't eat anything for Dinner because a)I missed the main dinner-time while running and b)didn't feel up to eating so quick after running and had things to do c)Bean-heavy Chili over Fritos is NOT primal and didn't appeal to me at all! You know that meal is definitely a tradition at that family reunion... Kind of weird (but awesome!) to be part of the most FIT and Healthy sub-family there!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Nice to be back to Yoga today. There is a new gym intern who is a yoga teacher - so she's going to start doing classes soon too, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm going to learn the handstand for sure!

Played around some with Ganda Bherundasana - I was showing the teacher and it was new to her, so that's fun. In the class we did pigeon and a ton of back stretching and opening because that's what I asked for (those Renegade Rows, Deadlifts and Superman took it out on my back big time!). One of the better classes this teacher has done, so I was happy about that.

Tonight I get to go get a Piano from my cousin who is getting rid of it. Hopefully it fits in our house somewhere!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

So I just saw a picture of Kakes and I from July 30, 2007... Almost exactly 5 years ago!

I might even have to put this on the Before&After boards!
    2007:
    2012:

Still room for improvement but DANG it feels good to be healthier!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Finally made it back to a Jujitsu class yesterday! Learned some armbars from Guard and escapes. Gotta keep going so I can retain this info. It took me a while to remember some of the stuff I've learned previously.

Then went for a nice little run with Kakes, hiking up to an old mine and exploring a bit. 3 miles.

~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Crossfit today!!

Warmup:
    15 pushups
    20 air squats
    20 step throughs
    20 more pushups
    One more I can't remember (all the participants chose a warmup exercise and I'm missing one!)

Workout:
    1 lap around parking structure (about 1/5 mile)
    1 kb snatch, 1 kb rack squat with the right arm
    2 kb snatches, 2 kb rack squats with left arm
    continue switching arms and going up 3, 4, 5, etc until 20
    Finish with 1 more lap around parking structure.

I finished in 41:06, about 1 minute behind the fastest, 45 seconds behind the 2 fastest guys including the trainer.

I'm going to be sore tomorrow!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast