Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vitamin D supplement page 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    Anyways....like Uncephalised said...
    That's a z, not an s. I'm a barbarian from the colonies and that's how us'ns spell our made-up names.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

ridesabike2 is offline Junior Member
    If you want a ton of info, check out The Vitamin D Solution by Dr. Holick. I'm reading it now. I can tell you I was insufficient and I've been taking NOW brand chewables for about a month (4000iu). I also started hitting the tanning bed 2x/week. I'm feeling much better but it took a bit. The days I lay under the lights I'm much more energetic. The tan is just a bonus!

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridesabike2 View Post
    If you want a ton of info, check out The Vitamin D Solution by Dr. Holick. I'm reading it now. I can tell you I was insufficient and I've been taking NOW brand chewables for about a month (4000iu). I also started hitting the tanning bed 2x/week. I'm feeling much better but it took a bit. The days I lay under the lights I'm much more energetic. The tan is just a bonus!
    Now tanning is good for you...? I can't keep up with what CW is crap and what CW is right...! It would be nice to have some color

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    That's a z, not an s. I'm a barbarian from the colonies and that's how us'ns spell our made-up names.
    British habit you see....replace all those crazy American uses of z with the proper s........
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

ridesabike2 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Now tanning is good for you...? I can't keep up with what CW is crap and what CW is right...! It would be nice to have some color
    Sensible exposure is the key. I start out low and slow. 12 minutes in a 20 minute bed. Not the super-high intensity, no lotions or creams. It's a fine time to meditate. I live in the great white north, so getting my D the natural way is out of my reach. Between that, the supplements, and simplifying my diet I'm feeling very good these days!

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    I can't get much sun because I live in the Pacific NW. But even if I could, I don't want to because I don't want wrinkles later in life. I have gotten my vitamin D to optimal levels taking supplements but it took darn near a year to get it there taking 5,000IU. It just takes a long time. In the beginning my D levels would hardly budge. I think when you're low and start supplementing your body just uses it up like crazy to repair stuff and make up for all the deficits. Eventually it catches up and D levels start going up.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Is it a lot better to supplement K2 with the vitamin D3, or can most people get away with eating leafy veggies all the time?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Many (maybe even most) tanning beds do not help much with vitamin D production. I was so desperate to improve my D levels (supplements were not working) that I tried a tanning bed for a couple months. No improvement in my D levels at all.

I would not consider tanning bed a healthy thing at all. Reasonable sun exposure, yes. Tanning beds, no.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

JackLumic is offline Junior Member
    vitamin D products are a mixture remedies that is found to avoid or cure the low blood calcium mineral stages. It is known also to aid circumstances due to low calcium mineral stages like brittle bones, rickets, osteomalacia, muscular condition and other illnesses related to inadequate calcium mineral stages in our body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12