Thread: Hello can anyone offer me some advice page

rajman is offline Junior Member

Cool Hello can anyone offer me some advice

Hi All,

I've just joined the forum, and have been eating Primal (about 85-90%) for a week now.
    I am 45 years old, Of Indian origin ,born and raised in London England.
    I weighed 17st 7lbs when I started and after a week I was down to 17st 1lb...if I lose 2lbs this week it will be the lightest I've been for 3 years.

I have a few questions and some may have been asked before so apologies for that.

Most of my food intake the last 10 days has been the following..

Breakfast
    Fried Egg + 2 Rashers Bacon + Grilled Musherooms + Tomatoes
    or
    Fried Egg + Smoked Salmon + Grilled Onions and Mushrooms +Tomatoes

Lunch
    Pedominantly Chicken or Tuna with Lettuce, Cucumber, Beetroot, Tomatoes, Raddish etc...

Dinner
    Chicken or Salmon or any fish or even Lambs or Turkey Mince
    with any two of
    Carrots, Broccoli, Cabbage, Sprouts , etc....you get my drift..

Snacks
    I have 2 cups of coffee with milk and 1 sugar (cut down from 2) and 2 cups of caffeeine free Tea (Rooibos)
    A few Nuts, and Fruit (Strawberries,Blackberries, Blueberries, Apples)

I've totally cut out Fizzy Soft Drinks , Bread, Rice, Cereal;Pasta, Rice.....and potatos

I am I cutting down too much too soon...should I be having some of those carbs (in small portions)??
    Am I eating too much meat,fish ??
    Can I have cereal once a week or is it totally out...??

The last 2 days I've felt very tired and very tempted...I've tried to curb the temptation with the 70% or 80% Dark Chocolate but wow...man it takes some getting used to...

Should I be allowing myself a few chocolates ....I'd appreciate any advice...I'm determined to carry on and change my lifestyle as my GP has advised me that because of my weight and family history of Diabetes that I am a prime candidate for it...I did have high cholesterol but that has been controlled (initally through statins)...

I have also been working out twice aweek, and at least 10-20 mins on the ex bike at home every other day...
    I kind of thinking this is my last chance saloon to lose the weight and keep it off....anyhelp most gratefully accepted...

Thank you.

lordgrover is offline Member
    I'm very new to this myself, but from what I've read it sounds pretty normal. Most people go through a period as you describe but it only lasts a short while. Once your body has adjusted to utilising fat rather than carbs it'll settle down and you're off!
    If you're like me, you may even get a day or so of the squits, which is annoying, to say the least.
    Be cool. Stick with it - it'll all come good in the end.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your food intake looks great. I would add a little more protein at breakfast though... it might keep you fuller and less tempted. I'm a 120 lb. female and I usually eat 2-3 eggs (or some other protein source like greek yogurt) at breakfast. Otherwise it looks good.

If you are going for weight loss and diabetes prevention, I would stay away from cereal completely. I found that my cravings for grains and sugar were pretty annoying at first, but what worked best for me was being very strict about cutting them out, at least for the first few months. The more you avoid temptation, the more your taste buds should get accustomed to the more savory flavors of veggies and fat and meat.