Thread: Flavoring Coconut Oil page

Raphaella is offline Senior Member

Flavoring Coconut Oil

Primal Fuel
    Just wanted to share something that I tried the other day that came out not too bad; I melted down some coconut oil, added some unsweetened cocoa powder and a little Himalayan salt and refrigerated it. Ate it with a spoon once it was hard and it reminded me of a chocolate-covered pretzel. Might try melted raw honey, cocoa powder and coconut oil next time.

RennieVan is offline Member
    OK I am really hungry right now and that sounds pretty good. YUM :-)

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    I'm interested in your experimentation - I do a frozen chocolate based on a 2:1 ratio of cocoa powder to coconut oil (tablespoons). Yes, a little salt ... temper it in a baines marie and then freeze it. I pour it into a ramekin and then quarter it, using a quarter per Chilli Con Carne.

I've tried all sorts of things - protein powder (yuk! seriously, don't!), cream, buttermilk, honey ... nothing was quite as good as the straight-up cocoa and coconut oil. Have fun, though and do post up results.

Do you like tequila? Some of your chocolate and a slug of tequila make perfect partners - the bitterness in the chocolate will be totally removed and you'll taste something quite sublime; the tequila will have a newfound sweetness.

Oh, and try different cocoa manufacturers - this will change the nature of the choccy. Have fun ...

MFSUNSHINE Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    I just tried a variation of this last night.

I mixed shaved coconut and cocoa powder and put them in a silicone ice cube tray. I added a dark chocolate chip to each square. Then I melted some coconut oil and poured it in each square. (next time i will go your route and infuse the cocoa powder into the oil). Then I put them in the fridge to harden up.

They have a consistency similar to a granola or cliff bar and they are delicious!