Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhinitis/sinusitis from grains? page 2

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Yes, sinusitis disappeared when i dropped grains. Cheat and it returns.
    +1
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I've stopped eating grains, legumes, dairy (apart from butter which I cook with), and even nuts and seeds to avoid mold, but my rhinitis hasn't gone completely. Improved greatly but not gone.

If you don't like to use drugs, there are plenty of natural remedies to help with symptoms - I use coltsfoot leaf tea, it's not something you can drink frequently but it works wonders when the coughing gets bad sometimes.

I suspect the final factor I need to remove is mycotoxins from mold in my house. So, I'm saving up for a hepa air filter. It's scary how many houses in the UK don't have proper ventilation/air conditioning and are overrun with mildew! Even if you can't see any mold anywhere, there may still be mycotoxins in the air.

I think probiotic supplements might also help, although I haven't gotten round to buying some yet. Anyone have any success treating allergies with probiotics?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^ +1 for me for reducing exposure to mycotoxins.

Have you tried taking quercetin supplements or eating 1-2 small red onions daily? Quercetin is a very powerful anti-histamine and could help ease your symptoms. Some of mine are allergic, but more non-allergic.

Probiotics can help too. Best to mount a multi-pronged attack!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12