Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Again, a bad feeling after finishing a workout page

  1. #1
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203

    Again, a bad feeling after finishing a workout

    Primal Fuel
    Hey,

    Did a pretty light one this time (a tiny bit harder than last time though).
    3 sets of pull ups, 3 sets of pushups, and 2 sits of air squats.

    All of these performed on pretty low reps.

    I took my time after each pushup set, and it really helped with the headaches.
    Though after finishing my squats I feel pretty bad, extremely tired, dizzy and like I'm gonna puke any second. (must have something to do with the mango drink, I really gotta start saying "No" to certain things).

    Any idea why I feel so bad after a workout? During my gym workouts I most likely trained 3 times harder, and never felt as bad (I felt bad, but good-bad, not bad-bad XD).

    Any ideas why that may have happend? (I trained at 8 pm, though I had gym workouts at much later hours).

    P.S- after opening a window, I do seem to feel better.

  2. #2
    thanatos's Avatar
    thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    218
    It's a build up of lactic acid...don't worry it means you're pushing yourself to the right levels. As you get better it will take more and more effort to reach that point and after a while you can easily maintain without getting to that point. It may not seem harder but I'd say they way you're doing your exercises (super setting?) isn't allowing enough time for the lactic acid to clear. So at the gym you may be doing harder exercise but more time between sets allows thenlactic to clear.

    That's why hard core gyms have puke buckets.

    Keep up the good work and keep the window open.
    Last edited by thanatos; 03-01-2012 at 11:28 AM.

  3. #3
    Danielle5690's Avatar
    Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    521
    Based on what you have told us I would try two things if that were happening to me:

    1. Do your workouts outside.

    2. Eat a high-protein meal a few hours prior to your workout (maybe 3-5 hours before), and nothing sugary (mango!!) till after you're done.

  4. #4
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    It's a build up of lactic acid...don't worry it means you're pushing yourself to the right levels. As you get better it will take more and more effort to reach that point and after a while you can easily maintain without getting to that point. It may not seem harder but I'd say they way you're doing your exercises (super setting?) isn't allowing enough time for the lactic acid to clear. So at the gym you may be doing harder exercise but more time between sets allows thenlactic to clear.

    That's why hard core gyms have puke buckets.

    Keep up the good work and keep the window open.
    Are you certain it all has to do with lactic acid build up?
    Because I do know how it feels, (when lactic acid starts building up), but I don't recall it makes you feel like you're gonna puke.
    I felt quite tired after my workouts, but a good tired, an "after battle" tired. Now I feel like a 80 year old returning to training after decades without moving from the couch.
    And I actually take decent (and even more than decent) breaks, certainly not super setting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle5690 View Post
    Based on what you have told us I would try two things if that were happening to me:

    1. Do your workouts outside.

    2. Eat a high-protein meal a few hours prior to your workout (maybe 3-5 hours before), and nothing sugary (mango!!) till after you're done.
    Did eat a protein meal prior workout (4 hours before), yet I do think the mango had something to do with it as well, I rarely drink anything sugary.

  5. #5
    Danielle5690's Avatar
    Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Drlove View Post
    Did eat a protein meal prior workout (4 hours before), yet I do think the mango had something to do with it as well, I rarely drink anything sugary.
    Yeah, if I had a very sugary drink before a workout, I'd feel like ass afterward too. Skip it next time.

  6. #6
    Conner P.'s Avatar
    Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    282
    Age, height, weight, prior exercise experience?

  7. #7
    stevew's Avatar
    stevew is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    34
    I know on days where I've ended up training later than normal, it tends to be on the days I've been really busy, kept myself going on coffee and not really thought about fluid intake. If that sounds familiar make a mental note or even better note it in a training diary along with food/fluid intake for that day and see if there's any pattern...and yeah mango before working out probably isn't the best idea. I've just come back from doing some hill sprints and was kinda regretting having some dark chocolate not long before going out!

  8. #8
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle5690 View Post
    Yeah, if I had a very sugary drink before a workout, I'd feel like ass afterward too. Skip it next time.
    Aye, I rarely drink any sugary drinks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conner P. View Post
    Age, height, weight, prior exercise experience?
    17.5, 6'2,180, too much experience with too little use of that experience. (about 2-3 years of on and off training).


    Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    I know on days where I've ended up training later than normal, it tends to be on the days I've been really busy, kept myself going on coffee and not really thought about fluid intake. If that sounds familiar make a mental note or even better note it in a training diary along with food/fluid intake for that day and see if there's any pattern...and yeah mango before working out probably isn't the best idea. I've just come back from doing some hill sprints and was kinda regretting having some dark chocolate not long before going out!
    Might be something to do with the fluid intake, and I drank the mango during the workout, which is even worse.

  9. #9
    Fernaldo's Avatar
    Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    889
    Eh, take a break. Read a playboy or something...

  10. #10
    jammies's Avatar
    jammies is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,518
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How is your blood pressure? If you get a chance, have it checked just to make sure it is not too high or low. Blood pressure can increase dramatically during a heavy lift, so if for some reason your blood pressure is high lifting could push it scary high.

    How long until you feel okay again? How do you feel other than when working out? Any issues?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

    http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •