Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pork! (non religious perspective only please) page 2

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    I'm not afraid of pork, It's just low on the list of meat I'd eat when I actually have a choice. I'd rather have ruminant, seafood, or poultry before pork, with bacon being the one exception to that rule.
    Explain why you're willing to eat a lot of bacon but no other pork cuts? Doesn't bacon have the most fat out of all the cuts, and I thought we established that all the toxins accumulated from poor food sources of the animal all store in the fat.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockin Grok View Post
    This looks delicious, but can you explain why the vegetables look raw and the meat cooked? And what cut of pork was that? The fat on that looks great.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

MissLindsay is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I registered to this website just now to post this article which came out today that also got me wondering about pork. I thought you all may be interested in this information as well, and wondered what your thoughts on it are knowing that this is a forum filled with pork (bacon!!!) lovers. Dr. Mercola mentions the fatty acid profile, pathogens other than Trichinosis, and epidemiological association with cirrhosis of the liver as being some of the potential problems with pork.
    Can Pork Consumption Really Cause Liver Cancer?

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    This looks delicious, but can you explain why the vegetables look raw and the meat cooked? And what cut of pork was that? The fat on that looks great.
    I just pulled the meat out of the oven from its high temp roasting to get the skin crisp. I just added the veggies and stirred them in the fat and put the meat on top... It roasted for another hour after that

pork belly roast | Jamie Oliver | Food | Recipes (UK)

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    There was an episode of the simpsons where Lisa went vegetarian where this magical animal was discussed. Can't seem to get the link in but search YouTube for simpsons magical animal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12