Thread: New Brit, Hi! page

lordgrover is offline Member

New Brit, Hi!

Primal Fuel
    1.86m, 90kgs, male, c. 16% BF, vintage 1962.

I've been into 'health & fitness' with some weight training for pretty much ten years. Never quite found a 'regime' I could stick to long term. No problem with discipline and following recommendations, so long as I see results. Except for an unhealthy predilection for curries and maybe a few pints more than I should, I've kept in not too bad shape for an old'n.
    I've been paleo/primal for a week or so and quite enjoying it. Now I have to see whether it's just the novelty or something that'll work for me, long term.
    Plusses so far have been obviously, the quality food - a pleasant change from the whole grain/lean meat dullness of recent years. Long walks rather than boring, exhausting cardio is good too. The 'sprints' I'm doing on a concept 2 rower which again, is quite fun, though challenging.
    What I am missing is heavy lifting. I think I'll go back to, and continue conventional weight training as I feel I have a pretty good handle on it. Just two sessions a week; pull session is deadlifts, shrugs, cable rows, pull-ups and pendlay rows; push session is OHP, bench press, squats and dips. I also squeeze in pushups and planks periodically anyway. These workouts are 35-50 minutes each, depending on mood and I enjoy them too much to ditch them.

Anyway, looking to drop some BF and remain fit and healthy for a good few years yet.

Cheers,
    G

PS. I've been a VFF user for several years and love them but thanks to PB I've discovered Nike Free 3 which are great for walking as it's a bit cool here in the UK just now for VFFs outside.
    Last edited by lordgrover; 03-01-2012 at 04:03 AM.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Where in the UK are you?

Hope you do stay long term, remember there will be some adjustment period, but once I was primal I never turned back., Energy, physique, health, it just became a no brainer!
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    And 'Ow bist' from a fellow Brizzler, I have the same failing as you on the beer (cider) and curry front, must be cultural thing!

Cheers

I think I've started at the ideal time of year. It's beginning to warm up so walking and exercising outside is becoming acceptable and as Spring is in the air, fresh local vegetables are beginning to appear too. Looking good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    And 'Ow bist' from a fellow Brizzler, I have the same failing as you on the beer (cider) and curry front, must be cultural thing!

Cheers
    :cheers:

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Hi. I'm in Bristol too, but not a native.

I've spotted quite a few vibram wearers at my gym and often wonder whether they're primal/paleo.

Anyway, welcome, and I hope primal works for you.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgrover View Post
    I think I've started at the ideal time of year. It's beginning to warm up so walking and exercising outside is becoming acceptable and as Spring is in the air, fresh local vegetables are beginning to appear too. Looking good so far.
    It was a lovely day yesterday, first time I've been on me bike in just my cycling shirt (and shorts!) That was until some bastard hit me off, only gonna cost the best part of 100 to get fixed, bargain!!

Cheers