Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Am I active enough to be eating more carbs?? page 5

b.good is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    In my opinion you should focus on weight lifting and eating LOTS of food. HIIT maybe once a week. 6' 130# is significantly underweight. Try to get 9 solid hours of sleep per night and one or two off days each week. As far as eating goes: MACK DOWN! and enjoy it! Keep it primal, but eat to your desire and be sure to include a serving of fruit with each meal and starch or rice after your workout. You said that you always have an appetite. Listen to this and eat. Im 6'1 180# and I'm pretty damn skinny.

As far as weight-lifting, try to do functional, explosive exercises in the ~5 rep ~4 set range. And keep your form in check. Supplement this with various stability and core exercises and you should see significant gains.

Good Luck

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    wow, thanks for the flood of responses guys, I didnt think I'd receive this much advice lol?

I got another quick question, a couple of you are on here stating about how "im 6,0 6,1 and 150-170 and i'm considered/was considered very skinny" but if you look at the BMI charts, 72 in. and 6 foot and 140 pounds at the LEAST is considered healthy?? so what does that mean

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Top 10 Reasons Why The BMI Is Bogus : NPR

Or just skip to this -- which is probably the best reason:
    But bone is denser than muscle and twice as dense as fat, so a person with strong bones, good muscle tone and low fat will have a high BMI.
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    wow, thanks for the flood of responses guys, I didnt think I'd receive this much advice lol?

I got another quick question, a couple of you are on here stating about how "im 6,0 6,1 and 150-170 and i'm considered/was considered very skinny" but if you look at the BMI charts, 72 in. and 6 foot and 140 pounds at the LEAST is considered healthy?? so what does that mean

Christian Bale is blessed with great genetics, but this is him from "Batman Begins" and "The Machinist"
    He's listed as between 6' and 6'2" and weighed 120 pounds and 190 pounds in each role. I know using actors and athletes as examples is generally frowned upon, but this is a great example of what a thin, weak frame looks like versus a strong, healthy one.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    BMI is for the average couch potato population. If you work out and put on muscle in your case a lot of muscle then you will be overweight according to BMI but you will not be fat. If you just eat more without working out you will also be overweight according to BMI but you will probably be fat as well.
    % body fat is more important than BMI I am 6' down to 182lbs (still overweight according to BMI but 6 pack is showing because I have a lower % of fat (currently around 14%).
    Leigh Peele Blog Archive Body Fat Pictures and Percentages
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CE402 View Post
    but this is a great example of what a thin, weak frame looks like versus a strong, healthy one.

lmao come on dude thats a horrible example in general. Of course the picture on the left is a weak frame, I mean look at the damn thing, that probably has some kind of special effects added in. That's not what a normal "skinny" guy looks like, but I get the point you are making.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    But look at that six pack!

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    lmao come on dude thats a horrible example in general. Of course the picture on the left is a weak frame, I mean look at the damn thing, that probably has some kind of special effects added in. That's not what a normal "skinny" guy looks like, but I get the point you are making.
    That is the exact same person. I picked him because its a great example of what 70 pounds of muscle looks like.

You can go rent the movie; he looks sick and malnourished because he is. Essentially starved himself for six months for the role.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345