Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I active enough to be eating more carbs?? page 2

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah i'm pretty much just going on internet science I hear, which contradicts it self every day, and it's driving me f**** nuts. Also, @jcm, what are you trying to imply I do, increase my fat uptake? If this was the right way, which i'm not saying it is, how much fat would i be eating?

Also @JCM one article you posted says not to eat yams, sweet potatoes, etc. and another one the guy being interviewed says our ancestors, at one point, were mainly starch eaters. So what are you trying to tell me?

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    Yeah i'm pretty much just going on internet science I hear, which contradicts it self every day, and it's driving me f**** nuts.
    Here's a very simple first filter: burning fat is healthier. You should eat until your satiety signalling tells you to stop.

Why Are We Hungry? Part I: What Is Hunger? Liking Vs. Wanting, Satiation Vs. Satiety - GNOLLS.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Your fantasy that I am afraid of links my dear.
    Then why advise someone ignore the info?

Dailytribal is offline Banned
    maybe under weight? More like very unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Dailytribal View Post
    maybe under weight? More like very unhealthy

You think so?
    What weight should I be at, I just turned 18

Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    You think so?
    What weight should I be at, I just turned 18
    Stimulate your growth hormones and find out...

Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero | Nerd Fitness

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    You have six inches on me, and weight 35 pounds LESS.

As Rip often says, an adult male weighs 200 pounds. Do you want to be an adult male?

By lifting "heavy" how much do you mean? Can you squat double your body weight? Bench 1.5x? Press 1x?

Eat your primal carbs, lift heavy, and cut the cardio down to once a week. Increase your weight every workout. If you're not able to do that, eat more. You should be able to easily pack on 40-50 pounds this year. Read Starting Strenght- it was designed for you.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Definitely look to up your carbs! Keep 'em clean (won't bother repeating the list as it's been given many times) though and focus on taking them in especially PWO where you would have depleted Glycogen. Also, something I'm trying out is taking some additional clean primal carbs "in isolation" -- that is I'm consuming them (like a sweet potato) by themselves without eating any other foods, especially fats, within 4 hours (before and after) of the "in isolation" carbs.

This is kind of "try it and see it" thing on my part and is based on what I've heard about the so-called "french diet" which basically espouses that if you separate your consumption of carbs and fats, you have 2 conditions:

1) Carbs -> Insulin -> BUT, no fat (since you didn't consume any) to be stored
    2) Fats -> No Insulin (since you didn't consume carbs) -> No fat stored.

I'm basically focusing on scenario 1) and extrapolating further that if you are not metabolically damaged that the Carbs -> Insulin will restore/top off glycogen stores AND then *still* not cause any fat storage, even if you "spill" by consuming slightly too much Carbs (something Mark warns people trying to train for endurance events...you need to keep your glycogen topped off, but it's easy to overdo and end up getting into fat storage mode) because there's no fat available to be stored.

If you are worried about consuming too many Carbs causing you to store fat (which I doubt you have to worry too much about) you could give this a try and see how it works out for you.
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_1522 View Post
    Also, something I'm trying out is taking some additional clean primal carbs "in isolation" -- that is I'm consuming them (like a sweet potato) by themselves without eating any other foods, especially fats, within 4 hours (before and after) of the "in isolation" carbs.
    I don't get what you mean right here? You said you're eating your "in isolation" carbs within 4 hours of eating your "in isolation" carbs?? Did you make a typo or am I just mis-understanding

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast