Thread: Tomorrow is the day! page

IamaSaint is offline Junior Member

Tomorrow is the day!

Primal Fuel
    Hey Yall...tomorrow I'm joining the PB tribe! I read the book about a year ago and been have been lurking around here reading what yall say (seriously, what has taken me so long??). Recently, I went thru the pantry, fridge, freezer and either threw out or ate all of the no-no's. So...on the the eve of my new lifestyle ( I KNOW its not a diet!), I'm heading to the grocery store to stock up on supplies. Fortunately, I live near a really cool, international grocery store. I have seen lots of coconut products, seaweed, and their fresh meats/seafood look awesome. I have questions...how important do you think it is to only buy organic/free range/grass fed meat? Like on a scale of 1-10? I will ask today, but also expecting the butchers to look at me like I'm insane...if they understand my question at all ( not counting on it). Also, what kind of tips/advise would you give a new guy? I'm probably gonna get discouraged and cranky...and will be looking back on this post for a pep-talk! So anyway, I'm looking forward to some help....any would be appreciated. Look for me on the success stories! I'm excited!

drh7900 is offline Junior Member
    I would say that organic/grass fed meat is important. Not only is it better for you (higher omega 3 content in the fat), but anything the animal eats, you eat (including the grains). The chemicals and hormones that they are given are concentrated in the fat. Since saturated animal fat is one of the main ways to get some good fuel in you, I'd say try to stick with the organic/grass fed stuff.

I'm relatively new to the tribe as well, but I've been eating almost primally for a while and mostly primally for a couple of months. Welcome! And yeah...you'll probably get discouraged and cranky at first for a little while...but feed yourself good fuel and work your way to living a primal lifestyle and overall you'll succeed!

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    I have never gone grassfed/organic and I lost over 90 lbs. I lost 28 lbs in my first month.

It is definitely better and if you can do it, go for it! But don't go bankrupt. Remember don't let better be the enemy of perfect. Aim for 100% but don't beat yourself up if you end up only at 88%. Because 88% is way better than 0%.

Been two years for me now and things just keep getting better!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Thanks you guys....I'm determined.

drh7900 is offline Junior Member
    I know it's been a few days...how's it going for you so far?

And, although what I posted seemed contradictory to what thehallowprince said, I have to agree with what he said and thought about that one day while I was driving down the road...I'd say that the grass-fed organic meat is important...but not so important that if you can't do it on your budget that you should give up. Doing what you can do to be "mostly" primal is the more important thing!

Hey thanks for checking in on me! The whole thing is going GREAT! I am one week in and honestly, I can feel a change. I was expecting it to be a lot more difficult. My work lifestyle does pose a challenge, as I'm a flight attendant and I thought once I got back on the planes, I might revert back to munching on pretzels or all of the other crap we have on there...but Nope. Very proud of myself! My one and only cheat was a single gin/tonic and at first I was kinda mad at myself...but then I thought, it would be even more stupid to think I will go my entire life without another one...so I let it go and enjoyed. Hey, one is mucho better than the five I'd probably normally down.
    I fully understand now what you guys are talking about with the grassfed meat etc. After looking around on here some more, I found a link that connected to me a farm about 17 miles from that sells good, wholesome food. 18 bucks for a chicken doesn't make my day, neither does $5 for a pound of ground beef...but I will survive. Somehow, I suspect thats still less expensive than Whole Paycheck...err Foods.
    One part of PB that will be almost impossible for me to achieve is decent sleep at work. I'm almost always sleep deprived and pretty exhuasted at work with the changes of time zones, continents, mental fatigue from the insane flying public....I hope ambien is PB certified.

Week 2 starts tomorrow....feel confident.

btw- hopped on the scale this morning...7 pounds POOF, gone! How is that even possible IN ONE WEEK? Pretty happy about that too- really a testament to the havoc grains and sugars play on our bodies, huh?