Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For better.. not worse.. page

lamoka is offline Senior Member

For better.. not worse..

Primal Fuel
    Just received all four books yesterday.. gonna do the 21 day program first.. going shopping today... love love love the recipes in the quick and easy meal cookbook..
    The forums are overwhelming here.. so many abbreviations and do this, not that, basal temps, ketosis, whatever.. bunch of great posts on my intro post tho..
    just breathe..
    have some before pics of me now and gonna keep track of that just not sure how to post or if I even wanna at this stage of the game..
    walked the mall today with a friend and then walked around salvo for a bit.. can't wait for warmer weather so I can bike ride, get on my horses and breathe the fresh air..

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Luck! Now, tell us all about yourself so we can harass you more...er get to know you better.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Stay at home Mom of two.. 13 and 8.. married, happily for 18 years..
    ummmm.. farm life, horses the cowboy way... my christmas from my family was a new henry lever action rifle! ...
    low tolerance for bs and drama.. live and let live kinda girl..
    tend to drool when things get analytical..
    an alternative therapist using infrared technology on horses, self employed..
    great sense of humor, don't take things too personal but don't mess with my family..
    some days when you knock on my door its duck or bleed other days its chamomile tea, I blame it on the hormones! lol...
    Strong spirituality not religion..
    love all things natural and alternative, wholistic in terms of health and well being..
    definitely not a sheeple and march to the beat of my own drummer..
    politics irritate me and so do politicians.. we need working people in washington..
    Well, that should give you enuff to start with.. BRING IT.... lol

oh! and issues with authority.. hahahahaha
    Female 5'5", Feb. 29, 2012 SW 208, GW 160
    My journal...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post734883

Day one primal breakfast and I went for the turkish eggs.. my biggest problem is I like easy! Cooking is okay, but not a passion and if I can get out of it I will.. but I have got to invest the time and effort if I want the outcome of strong health and wellbeing..
    I LOVE THESE EGGS! So much so, that I made a second helping, which completely satisfied my hunger AND made one for a family member who is limited in what he can eat due to a gastric bypass.. we were both jaw dropping amazed at the taste.. and his stomach didn't hurt with this meal!
    I love eggs benedict and this is a totally acceptable substitute in my book.. wish I could make a bunch and freeze it but ya know.. it is what it is..
    The other thing that I really loved is that I was still hungry after the first helping and was surprised to remind myself that I could have another, rather than just licking my plate clean. That was a COMPLETE sense of freedom and lack of guilt that I have not felt in a VERY long time.. I actually enjoyed making the second helping.
    Great start and promising..
    My journal...

A full day one and some enlightening moments along the way.. I consider today a huge success and look forward to tomorrow.. my carbs were in the sweet spot and I took the time to cook.. and even have some leftovers for easy grabs.. which is much more my style.. that why I love pizza!! lol
    I hope I am not one of the people I see on here that don't lose weight or that even gain it... don't think I could handle that well.. after all, weight gain is not in the best interest of a healthy body either.. and I know health is the priority but weight follows a really close second!
    My journal...

207 Down a pound.. although I know there is gonna be water weight loss.. its loss.. Looking forward to today..

organized all my cookbooks yesterday and got rid of those that do not serve me in this new lifestyle.. put them all front and center in the kitchen so I have no excuse looking for something appealing even when lazy..

I like that I have leftovers from yesterday so I have something quick today if I don't wanna cook, which is one of my biggest downfalls..

gonna try making my own coffee creamer today or tomorrow also.. found some really good recipes for some fun ones.. Zumba came the other day and gonna try to fit in some time today for that!

My mood was really good yesterday, all day, had some anxiety last night and was hard to go to sleep, but once I got there I slept like a rock, woke naturally this morning at about 6:20..

Not hungry this morning yet.. gonna see how that plays out.. wasn't overly hungry at dinner last night but was motivated to cook and it smelled so good I had some..
    My journal...

End day two.. I kept it simple and repetative.. left over pork chop for breakfast that seemed to sit like a rock in my abdomen most the morning.. 2 egg/1 1/2 c spaghetti squash omelet for lunch and then again dinner.. stomach much happier.. dark rasp choco. snack.. dessert was red rasp with whipped cream.. kept expecting that really sweet flavor but was really satisfied with what it was.. 6 minutes of zumba today and movement through the house.. can't wait to get my treadmill soon.. day two feels just as successful as day one.. this is doable.. one day at a time..
    My journal...

205.4 this morning of day three! Like I said, I know theres water weight to lose, but loss is loss and I will take it.. Looking forward to today.. a little more challenging as I will be out of the house for awhile, and tomorrow as well.. def easier when I can stay home and control my environment.. but out and about I am moving, so let move!
    My journal...

204.6 today, which is day four. Almost an entire four pounds.. I am seriously happy about that. Yesterday was tough as I was out of the house for a good portion of it.. I actually fasted from dinner the night before until almost dinner yesterday. We went to friendlys to celebrate the end of the kids bowling league in the afternoon and that is where I broke my fast. Steak tips and I gave my guy the rice and he gave me his veggies... bottle of water and actually brought some home cause I ate the veggies first and was full... A few hours early but I gotta say I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished. No real hunger issues, and just a small bout of dizziness around noon or so, that seemed to self correct pretty quickly. I was thinking low blood sugar.. and I used to have to eat to get it to level out.
    I will be out of the house most of the day today and challenged so woohoo.. i guess! lol
    Did four minutes of zumba yesterday and doing little things like lunges or squats while cooking or watching tv.. using the kitty litter like weights.. I am sleeping amazing!
    My sinuses seem to be draining more and so far no headaches even during the rain and thunder storms we have been having which is usually a time when I really have them..
    I love me. I love what I am doing for me. I am sooooo worth this...
    I am starting to add coconut oil today so am excited about that.
    My journal...

203.6 today and I know I should stop weighing.. but it is sooooo encouraging to see the results in the morning of the effort from the day before.. and by effort I sort of mean, by avoiding the "bad" choices and by making the good ones! Could have broke down last night and had a piece or two of pizza hut pizza, one of my all time favs!! But instead I took the time to make steak and potatoes au gratin (no thyme next time) and had my dinner.. it tasted wonderful.. but my mission for this week is to find a pizza recipe that I can make at home that will satisfy the "craving", that I can pull out of a hat and not feel deprived.. it seems to be the one lasting thing at this point all through this so far, all though I know it is still very early on as it hasn't even been one whole week. Today is day five and I have lost consistently almost a pound a day.. poopin has slowed down alot even though I am having quite a few veggies, so I am gonna have a rhubarb supplement today and see if I can't get things moving that way a little better.. when I get under 200 I am going to stop weighing myself daily and start once a week.. that is a weight I have tried to get under for the past six months or so... not alot of movement yesterday.. seem to be losing my taste for my coffee, not sure what thats about yet.. other than all this, I am proud of myself, remind myself daily that I love myself and I do feel more in control of myself than I have in awhile.. oh, starting with a tablespoon of coconut oil this morning on an empty tummy too.. some people talk about this as helping them with bowel movements as well as weight loss.. I feel good and positive, moods may come but are not lasting nor intense.. I feel normal.
    My journal...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast