Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For better.. not worse.. page 3

PamBam is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations on getting below that 200 mark, Lamoka! Keep treating your body right...looking forward to your May 15 update!
    5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

lamoka is offline Senior Member
    Copying this from another post so I have a reference for later..

Lets see...
    Dr. Phils weightloss program
    Atkins (briefly)
    Sonoma
    Metabolism Makeover
    American Heart Assoc. 3 day diet program
    The Cabbage Soup Diet
    Jorge Cruse eating program
    Mediterranean
    Low fat
    No fat
    Sugar addiction diet
    Suzanne Somers
    Hi cardio
    Strength training
    10-12 glasses of water daily
    A doctor 800 calorie salad all day restricted protein program
    Whey protein shakes and bars
    slimfast
    I will not take pills..
    and I am sure many others...
    None of them... NONE OF THEM!!!!!
    had or have brought me to the level of WELL BEING that I feel inside my mind and body... pay attention.... WELL BEING!!!
    I am losing weight at a very slow and steady pace.. very slow.. and weight loss is why I am here.. but its goin..
    the "side effect" if you will has been WELL BEING....
    a strong balanced mood (wasn't expecting that)
    a level, balanced energy that carries me throughout the day (wasn't expecting that)
    free moving joints and lack of joint pain (wasn't expecting that)
    no more headaches (wasn't expecting that)
    no more sugar/carb cravings or binge eating even at that time of the month (wasn't expecting that)
    no more night sweats (wasn't expecting that)
    an optimistic outlook and anticipation of the day and what is to come (wasn't expecting that)
    no more hypoglycemic episodes, I can go 24 hours or better effortlessly and naturally, not planned, without eating and not even care (definitely wasn't expecting that)!!!
    NO GUILT.. NO SHAME.. NO BLAME..
    I can go anywhere, any restaurant and find SOMETHING as close to primal as possible and eat it and not feel denied..
    I feel completely comfortable and EMPOWERED by my choices now.. I feel STRONG.. mentally, emotionally..
    I think you get where I am going with this...
    I am not on any major supplements.. I don't do any major exercising (would like to start sprints today though!)
    I eat bananas , I had a small hot fudge sunday (no nuts) the other day to celebrate the opening of our local ice cream shoppe with my children!
    I have kept dairy in my life, occassionally.. I like my meat!!! I like my veggies.. fruit, seeds, nuts.. YUM!!
    I miss the ease of bread products but oh well!
    This is right for me..
    Female 5'5", Feb. 29, 2012 SW 208, GW 160
    My journal...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post734883

OK.. so yesterday I had a spring soup at a local restaurant.. tasted amazing and I made some concessions to the ingredients cause it was only a cup of soup before my sausage, peppers and onions.. and man did I hit an energy slump yesterday afternoon that I have not had since going primal!!!
    There was corn and beans in the soup besides carrots, spinach, peas.. I'm thinkin it was a reaction to the corn. I just wanted to close my eyes and go to sleep NOW... huge drop in energy and very quickly.. and I was driving. Not a great combination. So I drank some water, rolled down the window and cranked the music till I got where I was going and walked.
    Then last night I had some meatlovers pizza, first time since starting, and my sleep was definitely off last night with alot of stomach bloat.. poopin first thing this morning which is not like me.. and I had some sugar cravings this morning..
    I think I'm gonna fast today (just liquids) and see where that gets me..
    well now I know.. don't I..
    My journal...

I am off track... each day has had something non primal.. not happy about that at all.. feels like I am slipping and I think its because I am so busy I am not making the time to set myself up for success and taking the easy way.. gotta stop that shit!! Gonna zumba today... yesterday broke out in spontaneous jumping jacks.. heavy lifted the day before.. so its in my thoughts.. just the food actions are lagging..
    My journal...

May 9.. 197.6 and I have been less than perfect.. but doing better.. this is during my monthly as well.. been sprinting up and down stairs..
    My journal...

I think that I am an awesome person.. so why do I feel sooooo bad when people compare my daughter to me, and I think "oh no.. she is BEAUTIFUL.." don't compare her to me.. she is soooo much more and better..
    My journal...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123