Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Peeps: Don't those Tim Horton's "Egg White Breakfast Sandwich"... page

GrokON is offline Senior Member

Canadian Peeps: Don't those Tim Horton's "Egg White Breakfast Sandwich"...

Primal Fuel
    ...Commercials make you wanna tear your hair out?! LOL

"Look at us trying to eat right!"

(Yes. Trying. And failing.)
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

CSilivestru is offline Member
    I remember thinking to myself that I don't think they could show something on the screen that I would care less about eating. At least if it had egg yolks, I could eat part of it......but egg whites, bread, processed cheese. It literally goes against everything I stand for in food!

And forget about asking them to blend butter into your coffee!! ;-).
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

You can have excuses or results -- not both.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    More reason I'm glad I don't see TV commercials anymore.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Saw the commercial once on the tv in the breakroom at work. Gross.

Timmy's used to be a daily thing for me...English Toffee cappuccino was my crack cocaine. Now they've stopped selling it at most locations around here...guess I was keeping it going! LOL

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    I have always, always, had terrible eating habits, but there were two places I refused to eat: Subway and Tim Hortons. I had decided very early on, as a teen, that both establishments serve terrible tasting food that I could have made at home for a fraction of the price and made somewhat tasty.

Tim Hortons food is nothing but bagels, crappy sandwiches, and itty bitty bowls of soup. I don't consider 'treat' junk food like doughnuts to be food.

Oh, and my local Tim Hortons shares a roof with a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream store, just double trouble now.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    There is a Tim Horton's maybe 200 yards from my house. I have not bought anything there in at least eight years.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealia View Post
    Oh, and my local Tim Hortons shares a roof with a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream store, just double trouble now.
    Are we neighbours? Because there are only a handful with CS in BC and there's one near me too

I still drink the coffee. Double cream. At home, and on the road. Haven't tried it with butter yet.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Hubby and I consider a tea from Timmy's (Chamomile for me, Apple Cinnamon for him) a staple of any road trip we do. Yes, it's more expensive than bringing hot water and our own tea bags... But we only live once, so it's an indulgence I'm happy to keep.

I used to enjoy the breakfast sandwich on a 12-grain bagel in my wheat eating days, but those are gone now since last year!

The egg white breakfast sandwich idea, though... It's like society takes two steps forward, one step back. LOL. We are making progress - Organic food is readily available now, there are more and more grass fed meat butchers, and most restaurants have low carb meat & veggie fare. But then something like this reminds me we've got a L-O-N-G way to go!
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealia View Post
    Ok, fair enough on most parts, but you have to admit that Cold Stone is pretty good. I'm a sucker for ice cream in general, especially if it's custard-based (keep your ice milk at home).
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

I know this is gonna sound really silly for you guys who are used to the place, but I love Tim Horton's for the simple reason that I'm a Buffalo Sabres fan. Where I live there's only Dunkin Doughnuts, Tim's didn't quite make it this far down. We went up to Buffalo for a game once and stopped by and bought a mug and some coffee. It's now the mug that gets the most use, and in the rare chance we run out of coffee (I don't drink that much, mostly tea) I have to order it.

It's a weird fan thing. D: So sad he died.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast