Thread: UK documentary showing how 12 minutes of intensity a month works page

ironteeth is offline Junior Member

UK documentary showing how 12 minutes of intensity a month works

Primal Fuel
    Hi

Just watched a great show about the health benefits of high intensity interval training and just moving around. Is Three Minutes of Exercise Enough? - Horizon: The Truth About Exercise - BBC Two - YouTube. I wonder where I have heard that before.
    Since I have retired from ironman races I now do HIT for 20 mins a week and the same with heavy weights and the odd 1-2 hour run at the week end . Cycling is now just to get to work and back every day.
    For a laugh I did a 40 mile trail run in just under 7 hours last week on technically no training and felt good throughout. An additional benefit of not 'racing' is that you can take nice photographs.
    R1113817.jpg
    Hope you huntergatherers like the stone axe, it only weights 1 1/2 tons.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Interesting that this is meant to work, i'll be watching it tomorrow night when it airs in NI. Thing is, I love the training, I truly love my crossfit class and I adore strength training though i've had to scale it back to get home earlier to take the dog out for the exercise he needs.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great minds think alike. Just posted this on the odds and ends forum. Really interesting show.