Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 25

spincycle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

Cons to Fast 5 for me:
    1) Anticipatory eating that I don't need, particularly after dinner. As in eat it now even if you're not hungry because it's going to be a loooong time 'til tomorrow evening. Does this just go away by itself or do you have to consciously control it?
    This is exactly what I was trying to describe, you stated it much more succinctly than I. It has taken me 4-6 weeks to get over this, I'm learning to trust my body to handle hunger and not overeat in anticipation. And the kicker is that I'm not even that hungry, except for 90 min.-2 hrs. before breaking my fast, which is easily manageable.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spincycle View Post
    This is exactly what I was trying to describe, you stated it much more succinctly than I. It has taken me 4-6 weeks to get over this, I'm learning to trust my body to handle hunger and not overeat in anticipation. And the kicker is that I'm not even that hungry, except for 90 min.-2 hrs. before breaking my fast, which is easily manageable.

That's about the same time frame I'm discovering too.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    love seeing this going strong! it really does help many of us past plateaus ..

ive been doing this only about 2-3 days a week .. need to get back to 6-7 days a week .. it really does help a lot .. and feels GREAT ... thinkin ill start off next week with a 24-48hr fast and then back into Fast5 .. pushing to hit goal weight by July 22nd (my bday and 1 day before my 1 year primal anniversary)
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I have been trying this over the past few weeks, basically one big meal in the evening. The drawback for me has been self control. I find myself binging on carbs, nuts, fruit and chocolate. It's all primal/paleo, but still considered treats. I am so hungry by evening, that even after a huge meal of meat, fat and veggies, I can still eat more. It hasn't really affected my weight overall, but I was hoping that fasting and eating a huge meal would satisfy my hunger.

Paleobird Guest
    I've been trying the window from 4-9pm and that seems to work well for me. My Dad and I have dinner at 6 so at 4 I can have a snack to take the edge off my hunger, maybe some fridge leftovers or a taste test of whatever is cooking for tonight. Then I can sit down to dinner and eat a reasonable portion. Knowing that I can have an evening snack makes it easier to not shove all food available into myself at one sitting. Usually my evening snack is something small like a glass of kefir and a square of chocolate.

I'm taking a couple of days off of fast 5 because I am donating blood today. Then back on the program. I'm going to give it several solid weeks before I decide if this works for me long term.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The binge is one of the benefits. Being hungry enough to get all your food for the day at once is a huge bonus for those light eaters out there who look at an olive and feel full. Real hunger, true hunger in an underutilized weapon in many health arsenals.

Granted, you can't stop me from eating, so in reality the eating window is a limiter for me, not an opportunity, but that's working for me! Everybody's different.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    The binge is one of the benefits. Being hungry enough to get all your food for the day at once is a huge bonus for those light eaters out there who look at an olive and feel full. Real hunger, true hunger in an underutilized weapon in many health arsenals.

Granted, you can't stop me from eating, so in reality the eating window is a limiter for me, not an opportunity, but that's working for me! Everybody's different.
    Maybe I just need to eat a little later. I usually eat around 5:30 or 6pm. If I push it to 6:30 or 7pm, then I have less time to get hungry before bed around 10pm.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Maybe I just need to eat a little later. I usually eat around 5:30 or 6pm. If I push it to 6:30 or 7pm, then I have less time to get hungry before bed around 10pm.
    If you're doing Fast-5, eating dinner around 6pm, you have plenty of time for a bedtime snack. Maybe worth a try?

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member
    Massive bump.

I love fast five. It works for me. I've been losing plenty of weight, eating about 50% primal/paleo sometimes. It works for me. I feel so much more energetic, I sleep less but feel more refreshed after sleeping now. I have amazing mental clarity now, as well.

My window is from 12-5pm. When I'm off work for the summer I may adjust it but it fits my job for now. I don't have any complaints about this WOE.
    "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I do, I do. Lately I've been hungrier, so I combined it with the potato hack. I eat a snack of cold potatoes at 3:00 pm, then dinner at 6-7. I only have at most 15 more pounds to lose now, and I'm starting to look cut.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast