Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 24

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I cant say I have had awesome results. I am pretty much stuck with 5 pounds weight loss a month. But it is going down. Body composition is changing. And it is pretty painless & effortless. I was just re-reading their summary page, to refresh in my mind why I do it, and I see they say expect 4 pounds a month, so I guess maybe I am awesome When I was eating breakfast after going primal, I was 5 pounds also though.
    Ack. You *are* awesome. I would kill for a steady 5 lb per month!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Linny is offline Senior Member
    At this point I've stopped Fast 5. Initially it seemed to really help my blood sugars but after 6 weeks or so of it my glucose started to get wonky. I might try it again in the future.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I used to but am a lot hungrier than I was when my metabolism was slower. So, no more long fasts.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I basically do this daily. So I guess you could say that it's more akin to the "Warrior Diet" although I do not eat the little snacks the Warrior Diet advocates. I go all day fasting and then eat a meal at the end of the day totaling somewhere between 1,600 and 2,200 calories I'd guess.

I've been having great results with my fat burning and leaning out nicely.

spincycle is offline Senior Member
    I've been 5'ing for 6-8 weeks now (can't remember exactly how long) and I have not seen any fat loss or weight loss. I've gained 1-2 lbs. actually. I've been bingeing during my 5 hr. window, it reminds me of when I gave up smoking 20 years ago, I'd smoke 5-6 cigarettes in a row, not because they felt good, but because I could feel my window closing and I'd smoke too much in a panicky anticipation that I couldn't have any more. The fasting has been easy, sometimes I am really hungry but that's only about 2 hrs. or so before I break the fast, so that is easy for me to manage. And finally, this week, I've been able to sit down and have reasonable meals, and eat until I'm comfortable instead of stuffed at the end of the 5 hr. window. I just think it's taken my body and mind this long to adjust, and to realize that I will not starve overnight and in the next morning before I can eat again. So I'm sticking to this to see if I can lose fat now that I'm eating more reasonably, I really like taking such a long break from eating, and I like being able to eat until I feel full again, instead of eating throughout the day, but feeling hungry to lose weight.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    It works well for me, and here's how:

I only do this 8 out of every 14 days, AKA my work week.

I stay high-protein, high-fat, and a little green veggies on the side for the beginning of the week, and add sweet potatoes toward the end of the week - staying high-fat and high-protein, just additional carbs from the tater.

Workouts? Anytime, anywhere. Fasting, pre-meal or post-meal, it all evens out.

Most of my 2500 calories are in 1 meal, with a light bite at the end of the 5-hour window, usually some canned seafood or an avocado or two.

Black coffee, and lots of it, definitely keeps the hunger away. Sometimes I put coconut milk in it (turns it into a fat-fast at that point, I suppose!) but often just black.

I eat upon waking, but it's in the PM because I work night shift. So I get to sleep through the hungriest part of the day.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences.
    So far this has been working pretty well for me. (This is day 5.) The hunger is not a problem. The only two days I have felt low energy also had other explanations, too little sleep on one day and a party the night before with too much wine on the other.

Pros to Fast 5 for me:
    1)Fits in with my life/schedule well. I don't have an office or lunching with clients kind of pressures to eat during the day. But I do cook for my Dad in the evening and eat with him.
    2)Evening is when I have the time to eat and digest well. I'm not eating and then dashing off somewhere. I think this is healthy.
    3)A five hour window takes the pressure off stuffing it all in in one meal that I found to be a drawback to the warrior diet.
    4)Feeling truly satisfied on food feels good.

Cons to Fast 5 for me:
    1) Anticipatory eating that I don't need, particularly after dinner. As in eat it now even if you're not hungry because it's going to be a loooong time 'til tomorrow evening. Does this just go away by itself or do you have to consciously control it?

It goes away, especially if you are busy.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    It goes away, especially if you are busy.
    We'll see. Maybe when the novelty wears off, the need to pre-eat will die down.

Knifegill, Since we both share an interest in ketosis, I'll ask you. Do you think 19 hours/day is enough to induce a more or less permanent state of ketosis if this eating plan is followed continuously?

I think it depends on what you eat in your eating window. But I failed in my ketosis effort, so I apparently do not understand it as well as I thought I did. Four days of eating almost zero carb did not put me into ketosis. I'm baffled, and lack the science to explain it. I should have been well into production of ketone bodies by then based on my meager understandings! I'm going to try it again in a month or so, and I'll use a narrow eating window as well as reducing protein and going without caffeine.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast