Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 23

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I did two things the past couple of weeks. I decided to mix things up. I came off of some Fast 5s last week to end it with a bunch of calories on Saturday. I am normally low cal and low carbs so I wanted to try to shake it up. I havent really studied the refeeds and I dont know eat this when you eat that and eat this so many hours of doing this or that, but I knew I wanted to shake things up somehow. We were out of town so it was a decision I made before hand since I am good all the rest of the time to the best of my knowledge. So my plan was just to eat, and eat I did. The rest of the plan was to fast this week. I have done some Fast5s and one 24.

I showed a gain Monday morning of 1.1 (thanks to Saturday evening Chinese) but my total loss since then, as of a few minutes ago is 4.1

I really needed that too. I was stalled. I spent most of April (3 weeks of it) gaining and losing the same 2 pounds.

So I cant say which one thing worked, or if the combo worked, or maybe none of it worked. Maybe it was just time for my body to let it go, I dont know. But I am pretty happy about it. I am now at a number that hasnt been seen on my scale for a number of years.
    Awesome results!! I was thinking of doing this over the weekend, too. I feel that I don't want to get my body to used to the same schedule all the time, so am planning on doing Fast-5 Monday-Friday, then just winging it over the weekend. This works well with my work schedule, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria210 View Post
    nice ... and i havent read the book .. id love to but my budget isnt allowing for book purchases lately .. thats part of why my local primal friends are trying to create a "library" of sorts we can all share
    The book is free! It's just a PDF download. Just go to the Fast-5 website and download from there. I know how you feel about a tight budget...love the library idea!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Having troubles this morning with the 'not hungry, just miss food' feeling. A couple hunger spells came and went. I did have a cup of broth though in the 13th hour of the fast. 2 hrs to go to the earmarked ingestion is allowed time.

Has anyone noted, that you feel more need for food before the 'time' than after? Like when the appointed hour has passed, and you have the permission to eat, you get a 'so what?'/'sure, I'll eat later' feeling?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    keep it up folks!

i find that i eat a LOT sometimes i the window when fast5'ing
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Having troubles this morning with the 'not hungry, just miss food' feeling.
    This has been my deal since the first time. I have been focused on researching and food and what to eat, what not to eat, for so many months. I was on the CW plan of eating every two hours and that was exhausting but it had me always thinking about food. So now I am not so much obsessing over what I can eat or when to eat etc but I am still thinking about my journey and my goals constantly, and hungry for knowledge so I am always searching and studying, so it is always in my mind somewhere to some extent. I just try to stay busy.

I am doing mostly Fast 5s every day now, but I had a couple of 24s thrown in there last week. Happy to report things are moving downward I know not to stress over the scale and regardless what it says, I keep on keeping on but it is still nice to see it moving down instead of up&down - the same 2lbs - for a month.

Well, I gained 4 lbs last week, while fasting, but I don't think it is fasting related.

Anyway, I fasted till noon-1 pm on Friday and Saturday, & skipped a day on Sunday (pre-workout and post-workout meals). I will be aiming for after 12:30 today, to hold a 15-16 hrs fast. My week's goal to bring it to 1 pm.

I started a visualization technique, to imagine I eat breakfast while cooking my husband breakfast. Every time I think about food after that, I keep telling myself: but you ate already and recall his meal's smell and feel. This technique helped me to stop craving bread and pastry in the past. The smells of baking from the coffee shops in the morning are much better than the product itself if you try it (I have experienced that disappointment in the past enough times), so I enjoy that, and not the calories/carbs/crap that comes with eating it.

allison223 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Well, I gained 4 lbs last week, while fasting, but I don't think it is fasting related.

Anyway, I fasted till noon-1 pm on Friday and Saturday, & skipped a day on Sunday (pre-workout and post-workout meals). I will be aiming for after 12:30 today, to hold a 15-16 hrs fast. My week's goal to bring it to 1 pm.

I started a visualization technique, to imagine I eat breakfast while cooking my husband breakfast. Every time I think about food after that, I keep telling myself: but you ate already and recall his meal's smell and feel. This technique helped me to stop craving bread and pastry in the past. The smells of baking from the coffee shops in the morning are much better than the product itself if you try it (I have experienced that disappointment in the past enough times), so I enjoy that, and not the calories/carbs/crap that comes with eating it.
    I am sure the coffe shop pastries actually taste better in your visualization than in reality too They always look and smell so much better than they actually taste.

Yep, the aroma is the best thing about baked goods, so you get the best part for free and with no damage to your health. The deal of the lifetime, for sure.

Paleobird Guest
    Hi All,
    Shameless thread bump.
    I just got started trying this fast 5 thing out recently as it came up in conversation with Nady on the fasting thread. I came out of that 72 hour fast and have been fast 5ing since then, four days so far. I am curious to (hopefully) hear back from some of the people who having been doing this a while. Have you stuck with it and had awesome results? Did you decide it was just another fad and dump it? Something in between?

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi All,
    Shameless thread bump.
    I just got started trying this fast 5 thing out recently as it came up in conversation with Nady on the fasting thread. I came out of that 72 hour fast and have been fast 5ing since then, four days so far. I am curious to (hopefully) hear back from some of the people who having been doing this a while. Have you stuck with it and had awesome results? Did you decide it was just another fad and dump it? Something in between?
    I have fast 5 most daily for quite awhile now, with the exception of last week. Last week, well it was just all whacked up but I have been back on the Fast 5 Track since Saturday. It is pretty natural and I was pretty much already there when I learned someone had a name for it.

Yesterday was interesting though. I normally BP coffee. (BP dude suggests it's okay for a fast and other sites suggest other foods for a fast so I guess it just depends on your goals & who you talk to) but here is the interesting part. When I have the bp coffee, it is 221 calories and then a 300 - 500 calorie lunch, and end around 1000 - 1300 most days (a few 14-16 thrown in there) But yesterday, I was happy that I didnt need any coffee at all, and at lunch time I scarfed down 1100 in one meal. I ended the day with 1599 though. What racked up the calories at lunch time, I tried almond butter for the first time - oh man was it yummy. About 500 calories worth of yummy when combined with my apple!! All in all, it was a pretty close to perfect day for macros though. 74 net carbs, 98 fat, 92 protein.

Some days I do have to open my window early but I am still around 17 - 18 hours by then. I think I do better if I can eat supper around 6 - 7. When I eat 5 or earlier, I "think" I get a little hungry before bed at 9. But when I eat at 6 or 7, sometimes I can't make it until 1 or 2 for lunch.

I cant say I have had awesome results. I am pretty much stuck with 5 pounds weight loss a month. But it is going down. Body composition is changing. And it is pretty painless & effortless. I was just re-reading their summary page, to refresh in my mind why I do it, and I see they say expect 4 pounds a month, so I guess maybe I am awesome When I was eating breakfast after going primal, I was 5 pounds also though.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast