Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 22

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    so - I'm at work.. really on the slow side lately. And yes, a bit hungry. So what do you suggest I do to get me through the day? As I try to make this a new habit, it does seem to cross my mind a lot during the day - but that's also because of boredom... So, what do you peeps do - to 'distract' you from eating/ being hungry?

I ran into this myself. What I did, with my bosses permission, was adjust my cubicle so that my desk became a standing desk. This took care of it for me. I'm pretty sure that I was feeling hungry because I was getting drowsy sitting. Just a thought. Good luck!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Oh geesh I was hungry all day. I try to get up and move also. Grab another water. Those seem to help. I was home, so I mowed the yard, watered flowers, etc. I held off until lunch. But then I had an apple for a snack mid afternoon. I just finished supper, and came in high on my calories. 1682. What I did differently, yesterday was a 24 hour fast. Rather than shoot for another, I decided to eat something for lunch instead of another BP coffee like yesterday. I kept hearing voices in my head to eat something rather than have empty fat calories. And so I did. And that just made me hungrier the rest of the day, I think. I ate all good stuff, just lots of it. I did get some push mowing in today, and I am going to take a walk here after bit.

Fletch666 is offline Senior Member
    Black coffee and just being too damned busy seem to work best for me. If I get bored I start eyeing the fridge.
    Two black coffees and a piece of Lindt 99% are amazingly filling.

So...day 62 of Fast-5. I slack a bit on the weekends (16 hr fast, 8 hr eating window). Many days the eating window isn't much more than 2 hrs. It's gotten pretty easy. Maybe once a week I'll have a fat and protein bomb (1/2+ lbs of medium ground beef and 3 eggs) for lunch around 1pm.

A little bit of insomnia last night so I broke my very short fast (only 12 hrs) with red wine at 5:30am. Two glasses and I finally passed out. Probably not wise...but frak it.

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    I am finding that I finally have some control of my sugar cravings. And I am eating/wanting less fruit. I have been breaking my fast with a shake of whey protein, three raw eggs and two tablespoons coconut oil (I am nursing and want to make sure I get enough protein). I also feel full forthr first time in a long time. And my blood sugars just seem more balanced. I don't have weight to lose but I think I am leaning out and maybe losing a bit of fat. I don't think I could ever go back to three meals a day! I do shake it up on the weekend and I find if I do three meals I eat more and I am less full- go figure

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am starting an initiation phase of Fast 5, slowly building up my fasting window. 9:30 am breakfast yesterday, the goal: 10 am today. Overall goal: 12 am-2 pm first meal. While I do not think I need 19 hours window, I want to work my way to 14-16 hrs fasting window, with an intention of having the last bite of food at 8 pm.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Started Fast-5 this week. I'm gradually closing my eating window by an hour each day, and feel great so far. It feels good to recognize actual hunger again, and know I'm not just eating from boredom. I'm also doing Mark's 1-hr walk challenge, so this fits in perfectly, as I'll be able to walk during my lunch break instead of eating!
    The Fast-5 pdf says not to include cream in your coffee. I'm tapering down the heavy cream, but wondering if any of you consume cream with coffee during the fast, and do okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    I don't think I could ever go back to three meals a day! I do shake it up on the weekend and I find if I do three meals I eat more and I am less full- go figure
    That was my experience from this last weekend also.

Quote Originally Posted by butterphly01 View Post
    Started Fast-5 this week. I'm gradually closing my eating window by an hour each day, and feel great so far. It feels good to recognize actual hunger again, and know I'm not just eating from boredom. I'm also doing Mark's 1-hr walk challenge, so this fits in perfectly, as I'll be able to walk during my lunch break instead of eating!
    The Fast-5 pdf says not to include cream in your coffee. I'm tapering down the heavy cream, but wondering if any of you consume cream with coffee during the fast, and do okay?
    Walking over lunch sounds perfect! I dont add cream, but I do the bulletproof coffee with butter and CO (it actually calls for MCT Oil)

This week I did a Fast 5, then 24 hour, then a Fast-5, and now today I am shooting for a 24 but will see how I feel at lunch time. Since Monday, I am down 2 pounds. Part of that was from the weekend - Chinese on Saturday night, but even so, I am at a new low number this morning and I feel great!! I was seeing a stalling pattern and decided to give the IF a try and it seems to have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Since Monday, I am down 2 pounds.
    oops that should be 3.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I managed to fast till 12 pm, making it a bona fide 15 hrs fast. I am aiming for the same time to break fast today & hope to keep it up on Saturday as well, but I am undecided on Sunday because of the whole 'eat within 1 hr after the workout' thing. It's easy for the folks like Mark to say "Just time your workout with the end of the fast", but it's just not going to happen in my scheduled life.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I did two things the past couple of weeks. I decided to mix things up. I came off of some Fast 5s last week to end it with a bunch of calories on Saturday. I am normally low cal and low carbs so I wanted to try to shake it up. I havent really studied the refeeds and I dont know eat this when you eat that and eat this so many hours of doing this or that, but I knew I wanted to shake things up somehow. We were out of town so it was a decision I made before hand since I am good all the rest of the time to the best of my knowledge. So my plan was just to eat, and eat I did. The rest of the plan was to fast this week. I have done some Fast5s and one 24.

I showed a gain Monday morning of 1.1 (thanks to Saturday evening Chinese) but my total loss since then, as of a few minutes ago is 4.1

I really needed that too. I was stalled. I spent most of April (3 weeks of it) gaining and losing the same 2 pounds.

So I cant say which one thing worked, or if the combo worked, or maybe none of it worked. Maybe it was just time for my body to let it go, I dont know. But I am pretty happy about it. I am now at a number that hasnt been seen on my scale for a number of years.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast