Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 21

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Status update. 2 weeks of fast-5, and I'm down three pounds. According to my calculations, it was 100% fat as well. I'm also down an entire inch in my waist line.

Daily hunger is not an issue either. I still feel that I over eat once in a while in the evening, though it is usually tied to my harder workouts. How's everyone else doing?

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    I'm finding it remarkably easy to make it through to mid-afternoon without eating. Today I was really busy at work and by mid-afternoon realised I hadn't had a break, and I didn't even remember having had any hunger pangs at all! I think I could actually have made it all the way through until evening (never tried that before) but I ate a little something to appease my boss and colleagues who seem to be obsessed with ensuring that I "take care of myself" <sigh>. (I'm still not ready to have "the conversation" with these sweet, CW-fixated folks...)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

13blessings is offline Member
    It's slow going but it's going. Just posted another thread on tips to see how I can get things moving a bit faster than 2 pounds a month. It's frustrating
    Primal since March 2011
    Fast-5ing since April 2011
    165/159/140

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    another pound down last week
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Does anybody take breaks from fast-5? Like after a month take a week where you actually eat meals regularly?

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    i only Fast5 about 3-4 days a week .. when im off with the wife i cook more for her and just say screw it and eat when im hungry ..

but yeah, some do it a month on a week off, or something similar .. but to me even when im not eating this way i still basically do .. i just dont really get hungry much til later in the day.. a non fast5 day for me is still eating in say a 6-7 hour window from 2pm-9pm or something similar .. i dont watch the clock when im with her, i just do what i want .. my work days that im not with her until later at night i fast5 and probably wouldnt eat even if food was around, just not much of a craving
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Except for this past weekend, this seems to kind of becoming just the way I roll now. I made a conscious decision to not worry about what I ate over the weekend because we were out of town but also I thought I was due for a shake up (and overall I didnt do too badly with my choices) but I am back on it today. However I am shooting for one meal today but we will see. I feel hungry but it comes & goes, but something in my brain really wants to eat something, so I am trying to stay busy instead. Thanks to fasting, I will probably have a spotless house and meticulously well manicured yard.

Was just re-reading some stuff. I think I need to add more butter.
    Last edited by gopintos; 04-30-2012 at 11:10 AM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I did a Fast-1 yesterday, my first 24 hour fast I tried it the day before that, but it didnt work out, I got hungry mid afternoon. But I am happy to say that I was able to get rid of the water weight, or whatever it was, from our weekend out of town. (We had Chinese Saturday night)

I weighed on Monday and had a gain of 1.1. It might have gone away on it's own anyways, but I did the Fast5 on Monday, 24 hour fast yesterday, with losses of .7 then .9, so that is a little more than I gained

April was not a good month on my progress. Something happened after April 8, and I havent really pinpointed it yet. I was at a new low and then after that, up down up down - more up than down. But it looks like I am seeing a pattern, and if that is the case, I should be about ready for some nice decreases. I sure hope so. I am no longer on track to meet my Memorial Day goal. Which means I probably won't make my August goal for our Vacation to Sturgis. ugghhh

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Does anybody take breaks from fast-5? Like after a month take a week where you actually eat meals regularly?
    I find the days I don't deliberately wait to eat when my window opens, I find I actually end up not eating till even later. After more than 2 weeks on fast-5 with no breaks, I don't see myself going back. My morning energy is better, I'm sleeping better, I'm more driven and industrious, and I'm in a better mood. I've already convinced my co-workers to just stop offering me food, and my family just expects me away from the table during weekend breakfasts and lunches.
    Last edited by Jiigigaw; 05-02-2012 at 06:30 AM.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    so - I'm at work.. really on the slow side lately. And yes, a bit hungry. So what do you suggest I do to get me through the day? As I try to make this a new habit, it does seem to cross my mind a lot during the day - but that's also because of boredom... So, what do you peeps do - to 'distract' you from eating/ being hungry?

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast