Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5?

Shop Now
    Status update. 2 weeks of fast-5, and I'm down three pounds. According to my calculations, it was 100% fat as well. I'm also down an entire inch in my waist line.

Daily hunger is not an issue either. I still feel that I over eat once in a while in the evening, though it is usually tied to my harder workouts. How's everyone else doing?

I'm finding it remarkably easy to make it through to mid-afternoon without eating. Today I was really busy at work and by mid-afternoon realised I hadn't had a break, and I didn't even remember having had any hunger pangs at all! I think I could actually have made it all the way through until evening (never tried that before) but I ate a little something to appease my boss and colleagues who seem to be obsessed with ensuring that I "take care of myself" <sigh>. (I'm still not ready to have "the conversation" with these sweet, CW-fixated folks...)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

It's slow going but it's going. Just posted another thread on tips to see how I can get things moving a bit faster than 2 pounds a month. It's frustrating
    Primal since March 2011
    Fast-5ing since April 2011
    165/159/140

another pound down last week
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Does anybody take breaks from fast-5? Like after a month take a week where you actually eat meals regularly?

i only Fast5 about 3-4 days a week .. when im off with the wife i cook more for her and just say screw it and eat when im hungry ..

but yeah, some do it a month on a week off, or something similar .. but to me even when im not eating this way i still basically do .. i just dont really get hungry much til later in the day.. a non fast5 day for me is still eating in say a 6-7 hour window from 2pm-9pm or something similar .. i dont watch the clock when im with her, i just do what i want .. my work days that im not with her until later at night i fast5 and probably wouldnt eat even if food was around, just not much of a craving
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Except for this past weekend, this seems to kind of becoming just the way I roll now. I made a conscious decision to not worry about what I ate over the weekend because we were out of town but also I thought I was due for a shake up (and overall I didnt do too badly with my choices) but I am back on it today. However I am shooting for one meal today but we will see. I feel hungry but it comes & goes, but something in my brain really wants to eat something, so I am trying to stay busy instead. Thanks to fasting, I will probably have a spotless house and meticulously well manicured yard.

Was just re-reading some stuff. I think I need to add more butter.
    Last edited by gopintos; 04-30-2012 at 11:10 AM.

I did a Fast-1 yesterday, my first 24 hour fast I tried it the day before that, but it didnt work out, I got hungry mid afternoon. But I am happy to say that I was able to get rid of the water weight, or whatever it was, from our weekend out of town. (We had Chinese Saturday night)

I weighed on Monday and had a gain of 1.1. It might have gone away on it's own anyways, but I did the Fast5 on Monday, 24 hour fast yesterday, with losses of .7 then .9, so that is a little more than I gained

April was not a good month on my progress. Something happened after April 8, and I havent really pinpointed it yet. I was at a new low and then after that, up down up down - more up than down. But it looks like I am seeing a pattern, and if that is the case, I should be about ready for some nice decreases. I sure hope so. I am no longer on track to meet my Memorial Day goal. Which means I probably won't make my August goal for our Vacation to Sturgis. ugghhh

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Does anybody take breaks from fast-5? Like after a month take a week where you actually eat meals regularly?
    I find the days I don't deliberately wait to eat when my window opens, I find I actually end up not eating till even later. After more than 2 weeks on fast-5 with no breaks, I don't see myself going back. My morning energy is better, I'm sleeping better, I'm more driven and industrious, and I'm in a better mood. I've already convinced my co-workers to just stop offering me food, and my family just expects me away from the table during weekend breakfasts and lunches.
    Last edited by Jiigigaw; 05-02-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Shop Now
    so - I'm at work.. really on the slow side lately. And yes, a bit hungry. So what do you suggest I do to get me through the day? As I try to make this a new habit, it does seem to cross my mind a lot during the day - but that's also because of boredom... So, what do you peeps do - to 'distract' you from eating/ being hungry?