Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 2

goingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have been doing fast-5 for three weeks and I love it. It seems to be the first thing that has broken through my fat loss and 'leaning out' plateau as well as my chronic congestion. Strange that NOT eating was the ticket, but seriously - this seems to work well (for me anyway).

I don't think you have anything to lose by giving it a shot.

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    I have dabbled in it before, nothing long enough to chart progress though. I'm fairly close to my goal weight though, maybe 6-8 pounds away. We usually eat around noon then again at about 4:30 p.m. (due to our schedule) then my husband has something again around 10 p.m. when he gets home from class (but he's trying to GAIN weight so...lol) he has about a 10 hour window, mine has been around 5 hours or so. I'll update with progress when/if I have some, I was eating again late around 10 p.m. with him too up until this week so I've just now sort of cut out that last late meal or snack that I would have had and essentially gone down to the shorter window. Good luck I look forward to hearing your progress and others as well!!

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    first day or two feelin great already! waking up less bloated for some reason? but LOVING it ...
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

evertastica is offline Member
    I always try to keep my eating window to 8 hours as I just feel better overall. I think since i'm going to try and do something closer to 19/5 to lean out that last little bit. Everyone seems to have success with it to some extent.

I'm curious though, how does the body respond when converting back to a more "normal" eating window of 8 - 12 hours? I wouldn't want to put weight on, I'm guessing a gradual approach would be necessary.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evertastica View Post
    I always try to keep my eating window to 8 hours as I just feel better overall. I think since i'm going to try and do something closer to 19/5 to lean out that last little bit. Everyone seems to have success with it to some extent.

I'm curious though, how does the body respond when converting back to a more "normal" eating window of 8 - 12 hours? I wouldn't want to put weight on, I'm guessing a gradual approach would be necessary.
    Can't speak for others, but for me, all through my teens, twentys, early thirtys, this was the way I just naturally ate~ but I was also very interested in health and nutrition~ so I stupidly listened to CW *Breakfast is the most important meal* and all those *research studies show* propaganda. And that was the beginning of my weight problems. It didn't help that as I approached 40, my metabolism was slowing down and with the push to eat often and low fat/high carb, the weight just kept creeping up. There were a few other dietary oopses that added even more weight, and then the *coup de grāce* menopause

Looking back, I can see how I failed~ listening to 'experts' instead of the ultimate authority, my own body! Well, I'm back on track and paying attention. I want my body back! And I plan on eating the Fast-5 way for the rest of my life~ it's my "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    first day or two feelin great already! waking up less bloated for some reason? but LOVING it ...
    I'm down a pound~ I know it's just water, but it feels good just the same!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I've been eating high calorie lately without much waist line consequences thanks to Fast 5. I've also mixed in some Atkins Fat Fast days but am planning to go on Fast 5 most of the time over the summer.

I don't think the pdf at the site works:
    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

I ate Zone type mini meals for about a decade, kind of messed up my body some and last year when I tried to fix was not able to so yeah I'm back to what almost looks like bingeing some days and I'm sooo freaking happy.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I've been eating high calorie lately without much waist line consequences thanks to Fast 5. I've also mixed in some Atkins Fat Fast days but am planning to go on Fast 5 most of the time over the summer.

I don't think the pdf at the site works:
    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

I ate Zone type mini meals for about a decade, kind of messed up my body some and last year when I tried to fix was not able to so yeah I'm back to what almost looks like bingeing some days and I'm sooo freaking happy.
    I was just there~ you need to be regestered and logged in~ or maybe your Adobe reader needs to be updated?

ETA~ I see the the problem~ start here Welcome to the Fast-5 website | Fast-5 Life and regester~ you can dowwnload from the site.
    Last edited by Nady; 03-01-2012 at 10:48 AM.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    hey a pound is a pound! water weight or not, no garantee it will come back

im hoping by next weigh in on monday im down a little .. i seem to be losing a couple pounds a week and then a week with no loss, then back to a couple lbs .. so im hoping this gives me a pound or two on the weeks that were inactive prior ..

i still have 20 or so to lose! came a long way but not giving up yet!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

evertastica is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been thinking and to me it seems much more natural to eat this way, plus its convenient. But also, I feel like this is binge-like eating. Am I wrong? I mean non harmful foods but a lot of it over the course of 3 or 4 hours. Would this explain why a large number of people occasionally "binge" ...is it a natural tendency? I like eating this way because it lets me satisfy my binge-like tendency without feeling guilty.

Sorry this may be off topic slightly. Also does this put people into ketosis even if they aren't necessarily VLC?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast