Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 16

Bettie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i have some butter and cream in my morning tea (around 8am, thats 12h fasted) and regularly CO during my fast (about 3-4 tbs), and a cup of bone broth. then i break the fast around 3/4 pm. with a protein rich snack and i have big diner around 8pm.

i still loose weight and get all the positive effects from it, maybe i could do "better" and loose "faster" without the CO, but then i would struggle with fasting 19-20h and i would not get the benefits of the CO. for me fasting and being in ketosis has the same positive effect, so i just preferable have some tbs of fat within my fasting window.

7/14: 156 lbs.
    weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
    7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

Bettie is offline Senior Member
    maybe you want to check out this test: Intermittent Fasting – The No Hunger Method | Critical MAS

7/14: 156 lbs.
    weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
    7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    People say you would just binge on Fast 5 but I actually did it Tuesday instead of my usual no carb day. I ate 1200 calories & yes some crap (had 2 soy Balance Bars) in one fell swoop, chilled for the rest of the day then went to sleep. Honestly, I think if fat people just ate on the go during their 5 hour window they'd all lose weight on it- it's not that hard to do either.

13blessings is offline Member
    I tried it early last year but I couldn't get it to work for me. I was also eating SAD and would gorge myself on all kinds of unhealthy foods, even once I was full I'd still eat. So no wonder it didn't work

Since being primal (which is only three weeks), I find that I skip meals and don't even notice. Several times a week I either skip lunch or dinner because I'm simply not hungry and I'm not constantly thinking of food and my next meal.

So in a way I practice IF and I think Fast 5 could work well with PB.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTmeetsMontréal View Post
    I didn't feel like getting into the "we don't need to eat as often as we do and meal times are actually a cultural norm rather than a necessity to survival" conversation.. so I just didn't talk about it. I'm pretty sure he think's I'm staving myself though! Poor guy Why does people not eating make others so uncomfortable!
    I have a similar situation in the small office I work in. If you don't eat, it gets noticed. If you have a very late lunch, it gets noticed. When I politely refused the offer of shared hot cross buns yesterday morning, it bewildered them. I don't like not being completely open with my colleagues, but I know how these dear but rigidly CW-minded people will react if I try to explain my whole paleo/fasting deal to them - and then everything I put in my mouth will be examined and commented on and ugh, I just don't want to go down that path. Not yet anyway.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Today, I will fast all the way until dinner, around 6:30. The best part is we are going to a great barbecue place that has an all-you-can-eat special. I load up my plate with ribs, brisket, chicken and have a huge side of collard greens and carrots. Can't wait!

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Today, I will fast all the way until dinner, around 6:30. The best part is we are going to a great barbecue place that has an all-you-can-eat special. I load up my plate with ribs, brisket, chicken and have a huge side of collard greens and carrots. Can't wait!
    Best way to break a fast!

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    I started doing this without knowing the program a few weeks ago. For the first time in a long time I can now feel being full. I like the no eating and Sometimes I can go longer. I think it saves money because I am not snacking all the time and it just feels good not to think about food all the time. I usually do 2 to 7 pm

cynethia916 is offline Junior Member
    Does anyone have issues with bad dreams when you are doing fast-5? I am having the strangest, not related to real incidents, bad dreams. They are waking me up anywhere from twice a night to five times. Heart rate is elevated but as soon as I open my eyes, I start to calm down. They even plague my day time naps, even the ones that only last a hour. I will be trying some stress reducing techniques just in case. I am adding a evening yoga, a bubble bath, and extending my meditation time. Any other suggestions?

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Because of this thread I have now completed 2 different 24 hour fasts. I realize that this is not earth shattering news. But it is big for me!!

Doing this let me to the bulletproof executive site, and I think I am going to try his fasting regimen for this week and see what happens. By this I mean drinking the bulletproof coffee and then having a great dinner between the hours of 2 and 8. I don't feel much need to have this large of an eating window, but I am going to see where this takes me. Love all the information and support from this forum! I can't imagine that I ever would have tried fasting without you guys!

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast