Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 15

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm in to my second week of doing this. My weight has finally started coming off again after a long stall. My eating window is from 1 pm to 6 pm. I found the first couple days made me feel 'off' and since then when I get up in the morning I have a crazy amount of energy. My blood sugars have been amazing too. The first few days I stuffed myself but the urge to do that is decreasing by the day. I also find that eating beef as my last meal will keep me feeling full better than chicken. If I eat fish or chicken before my fast begins I make sure to add a lot of other fats in.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I've been able to work my way to a 16 hour fast. But I'm still doing coffee with a little half-and-half in the morning. The black coffee made me too jittery. I really should just quit coffee but it's so dang cold. No heat in the office. At least that's my weak excuse.

I'm still wondering if there is a real benefit to a daily fast and if so what it is. Compared to a once a week 24 hour fast, for example. Or if there's any real benefit to a 5 hour window vs an 8 hour window. Do you really lose weight on the same calories with a 5 or 8 hour window or does this only work if you reduce calories, too? Does anybody have any input on this?
    If straight black coffee makes you jittery you should try out some plain tea. Less caffeine iirc. Or just try decaf?

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    OK, I gave it away for a bit but the benefit of the reduced hunger I experienced ended, and cravings returned. So I am back on the daily fasts - day 2. May be a bit harder to start this time round because I had a sugar/chip binge the night before starting (it's what made me decide to come back to the fasts - I just wouldn't have been able to do this judging by my IF experience of fullness).
    Last edited by lucy1984; 04-01-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: crucial word in comprehending my comment ommited in first attempt

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    wish i could see the pics! bump this back up .. great topic that seems to be helping a lot of people .. im still doin this 4-5 days a week .. great results.. sometimes a 7 hour window, sometimes 30 minutes (just one meal)
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I agree. I am doing this everyday.. hope to report some results soon.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    I'm aiming for a 5-6 hour eating window daily, and doing well on it. A few kilos down in a couple of weeks which is pretty good for me, especially given I am not worrying as much about carb levels lately. Happily eating some potatoes/fruit in my eating window and not regaining (when ordinarily I would retain water immediately). We'll have to see if the gradual weight loss continues ...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

I'm in my 4th week of IF. I have been losing about 2 pounds a week, so happy with that. I haven't been counting carbs or calories, but in my head I count protein to make sure I'm getting enough. Most recently I've been trying to break my fast with bone broth and moose jerky. A big hit of protein into my system in hopes of repairing cartilage. Anyone tried this or heard of this working? "They" say you can't rebuild cartilage, but it's only CW.

I have also been doing a bit of coconut oil and HWC in my coffee. It seems to extend my fasting window. I've also added some foods instead of being VLC like more berries and even a couple of potatoes. Only the good stuff, they were purple potatoes. From my research it sounds like I need to peel them. Not so sure about the whole nightshade thing.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    idk what HWC is, but coconut oil in your coffee likely breaks the fast...

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member
    I've been skipping lunch for my fast (eating breakfast at around 7:30 then eating dinner at 7:30). What this made me realize is how uncomfortable it makes people if you don't eat when it's "time to eat". I sat in silence with my coworker at lunch because he asked "are you eating" and I said "no I'm fine I'm not really hungry". He didn't know what to say to me. I didn't feel like getting into the "we don't need to eat as often as we do and meal times are actually a cultural norm rather than a necessity to survival" conversation.. so I just didn't talk about it. I'm pretty sure he think's I'm staving myself though! Poor guy Why does people not eating make others so uncomfortable!
    An avocado a day keeps the doctor away!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    idk what HWC is, but coconut oil in your coffee likely breaks the fast...
    According to the book he discusses add - ins to coffee and that CO or HWC (heavy whipping cream) in small amounts does not derail you from the fast. Something about it does not raise insulin. Have you read thd fast 5 book? I need to go back and re read it.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast