Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 14

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    So strange happening and thought I would ask what I might have done wrong..

Ate at @ 7:30 last night.coffee with hwc this morning(I am in day 6), 12:30 this afternoon..dizzy kinds blanked for a min. bought fell on my ass..so the fast was only about 17 hours. I ate some protein and guac. I feel better but what the hell? I have not done this in the past.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Takes time for your body to get used to a lack of food. Also, it's important that if you're fasting for long periods that you are eating enough during your feeding window. If not, you're likely just suffering from under-nutrition and you really are just hungry and need to eat more.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    Takes time for your body to get used to a lack of food. Also, it's important that if you're fasting for long periods that you are eating enough during your feeding window. If not, you're likely just suffering from under-nutrition and you really are just hungry and need to eat more.
    this is interesting.. I was just beginning to feel the "signs of hunger" before it happened but wow.. it just kinda hit. I try and make sure I am getting all of my calories, protein etc. in the window. Shoot I even ate a *shhh* sweet tater yesterday..LOL
    OMG.. it was so good. VLC for too long..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    cant wait for the pics to come up!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    What I love about IF is that you actually bank days over time, which creates an effortless deficit. I figure if the average person does an 8-12 hour daily fast between their last meal and breakfast, and I typically do 18-hour IFs, over the course of 7 days I have an additional 42 hours or so (1.75 days) that I haven't eaten. So, if my eating window is ~6 hours and I shoot for 2500 calories, it averages out to ~1785/day.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I think I may switch to this more days per week over the summer so I can eat more.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I've been able to work my way to a 16 hour fast. But I'm still doing coffee with a little half-and-half in the morning. The black coffee made me too jittery. I really should just quit coffee but it's so dang cold. No heat in the office. At least that's my weak excuse.

I'm still wondering if there is a real benefit to a daily fast and if so what it is. Compared to a once a week 24 hour fast, for example. Or if there's any real benefit to a 5 hour window vs an 8 hour window. Do you really lose weight on the same calories with a 5 or 8 hour window or does this only work if you reduce calories, too? Does anybody have any input on this?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    imho the 5 hours works better because it gives your body more time to live off purely reserves .. but not near long enough to believe that its in famine mode
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Fletch666 is offline Senior Member
    I'm on day 28 of Fast-5.
    I eat between 4:30pm and 9:30pm, though I often stop before 9:30.
    During the 19 hour fasting period I drink black coffee, lot's of water, and the occasional soda water.

When I last checked (last week) I was down three pounds.
    Considering my weight hadn't moved in months--pretty close to my goal weight, so wasn't stressed about weight loss any more - I'm pretty happy with that.

All in all, I'm dropping close to a pound a week. Not bad at this point. I'd thought such rapid weight loss would be near impossible this close to my goal. It had inspired me to go beyond the goal (not fat) and aim for ripped. We'll see. It's possible I like cheese and alcohol a little too much.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    imho the 5 hours works better because it gives your body more time to live off purely reserves .. but not near long enough to believe that its in famine mode
    Good Lord ~ I just did a 7 day total fast and didn't go into 'famine' mode! That's CW thinking! It takes weeks of a severe calorie deficit to trigger starvation/famine mode.

Here, read this~ Starvation Mode – Why You Probably Never Need to Worry About It
    Last edited by Nady; 03-28-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast