Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5?

Shop Now
    To anyone that hasn't dabbled in the 24-36 hour range yet, I encourage you to try it out. It almost feels like I'm on a high when I start to hit that point. Love it.

Hi everyone. I'm an experienced Paleo eater who is trying Fast 5 to lose some weight. Today is my 5th day with an eating window from 4-9p.m. I am still starting to lose concentration and feel pretty darn hungry around 2 every day. I'd love some feedback about how long I can expect this to continue. I felt great this morning but it faded and I'm still waiting for that all-day energy high!

Thanks.

"Fast 5"...is that what it's called? Seems like every damn time I identify a hack that works for me, someone's got to go slapping a label on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy36 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm an experienced Paleo eater who is trying Fast 5 to lose some weight. Today is my 5th day with an eating window from 4-9p.m. I am still starting to lose concentration and feel pretty darn hungry around 2 every day. I'd love some feedback about how long I can expect this to continue. I felt great this morning but it faded and I'm still waiting for that all-day energy high!

Thanks.
    Start your window at 2:00-7:00. In a few days, make it 2:30-7:30~ then 3:00-8:00. By that time, it's your choice if you want to take it later~ if 30 min. increments are too difficult, do 15 min. There isn't any rush and you don't even need to change it if you're more comfortable having an earlier window.

I might do this, but my window will have to be earlier as I go to Crossfit at 6.30pm, and don't eat too close. Am thinking 11-4 maybe.
    It will still work won't it?

Thanks, Nady! I was trying to "train" myself for 4-9 because my husband doesn't get home until 7 and we usually eat around 7:30. But there is no reason I can't work up to 7. Any feedback on how long it might take to get the amazing, non-hungry energy?

Thanks again.

Ok, today the headache started and I find myself thinking about what I will eat when my window open...hmmm the scale at the docs was not kind. Can not wait to see the results kick in.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Are people in this thread still working out and how does fast-5 effect your workouts? If you choose a later window like 4-9 or 5-10, is it hard to workout in the morning? Do you feel hungrier if you workout vs not working out?

i workout after my eating window and feel fine. I don;t need to eat afterwards.

Shop Now
    I usually lift around 12-1PM, then go about the rest of my day and eat around 6PM. Martin Berkhan recommends a Branch Chain Amino Acid supplement every other hour if you do that. I've tried it both ways and I don't really think it's necessary. Enhanced protein synthesis persists up to 24 hours after heavy lifting anyways.