Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 12

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Fierce- It has rained ALL FRICKIN DAY HERE and its cold.. no walking for me.. BOO!! Ok.. so you have a regular weight training regime to build muscle?
    Just barely........ I have 10, 8 & 5 lbs weights. No gym memberships at the moment. I know how to do squats, deadlifts, interval training etc though not doing any of that at the moment.

Tneah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Still so confused about all the leptin reset stuff............ have been doing IF close to a year and lost some weight but more or less plateaued. Not sure how I could be LR but am considering it a possibility since the muscle gains never happened and fat loss slowed too.

I'm sorry, but based upon your blog stats you don't have anthing to lose at your height and weight. Is your current weight of 90lbs at 5'1" correct? If so, perhaps your body is happy at that weight. Maybe heavier weight training is what you need to tighten up, not weightloss.

What is it you are trying to lose?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tneah View Post
    I'm sorry, but based upon your blog stats you don't have anthing to lose at your height and weight. Is your current weight of 90lbs at 5'1" correct? If so, perhaps your body is happy at that weight. Maybe heavier weight training is what you need to tighten up, not weightloss.

What is it you are trying to lose?
    Not sure- need to go do the electric scale thingy again. Last time I was at the mall it wouldn't take my dollar. Based on measurements I'm plateaued around 21-24% body fat- acceptable. But not sssssskinnny. It's probably at the high end of the estimation.
    I need to gain lean tissue, took the winter off & played around with no carbs & carb cycling, wondering if I'm OK or if I need to do the LRx.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Day 1: my body is giving me the signals that ummm you normally put some fuel in about now.. drinking tea so it will pass.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Just spent the last hour reading this whole thread and I am so on board with this! I limited my eating window to 7 hours a couple of days last week and that seemed to be pretty easy. I'm going to do the Fast 5 this week and see what happens. I am newer to this lifestyle and so the fat is just absolutely melting off right now.. The pounds aren't drastically changed but I have lost several inches in my waist without putting any thought into it. It will be interesting to see what IF brings about in my life. What a great thread!!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    For those who would like more information on intermittent fasting and the studies/science behind it, not to mention some really good discussion, you might want to refer back to a series of forum posts from pklopp last year. Well worth a read if you haven't seen them:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27894.html
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

mystic is offline Senior Member
    There is a IF app on itunes that tracks 18. Hours. I love it, just seach IF under apps.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Day one down yesterday.. heading into day 2 and looking good so far
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Dig62 is offline Member
    I initially did Fast-5 while I was on the SAD and still saw lots of improvements. During my five-hour eating window I would eat lasagne, mac and cheese, pizza, lots of bread and pasta, and still lost weight and felt better. I've never been a breakfast eater and found that by skipping lunch as well I had tons of energy throughout the day. I loved not thinking about food all day. I found it very easy to stick to and to be honest the only reason I eventually dropped it was having to conform to other people's schedules (lunch meetings and so forth). I really need to give it a try again, only this time selecting more healthful foods during my eating window.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    LOVE seeing this thread grow and grow, and hearing peoples experiences ..

im still doing Fast 5 - 5 days a week ... throwing my body off the other 2 with breakfast and then a fast until the next days dinner unless i feel hungry .. working out some lately so that makes my needs a little different on occasion.. either way its help me pass the plateau and to drop 7-8lbs ... hopefully will keep going!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast