Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: who does Fast-5? page 11

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    I'm not sure if this counts for you, but I am also doing the one meal a day, but at lunch. That way the day isn't so long (food-wise) and, since it's all over at lunch, eating at night doesn't seem to be such an issue. I drink tea (rooibos or white). It seems to keep me feeling pretty strong and able to function.

I eat a BAS (big ass salad) with fresh spring greens, an avocado, some raisins, cooked vegetables, raw vegetables, some form of meat or fowl in it, olive oil and one orange for dressing, Himalayan salt, and pepper -- AND -- I weigh everyday. I measured today and was impressed, so I think they work together. If the scale is a bad thing for you, skip it, but it, along with measuring every so often, seems to work for me. I'm trying to get more movement in -- at least a plank, some squats, hanging from the pull up bar, and sprinting once or twice a week.

Walking is fun and you can fit your sprints in it. I try to sprint a short distance three times -- whether running during a walk or running in place as fast as I can three times for a short bit. Kind of fun.

Dinner wouldn't work for me as I'd be thinking about it all day and breakfast would do the same as I'd have finished the food part so early. Sometimes, I try to get busy at lunch and eat a later lunch but I don't fight the time.

Good luck with this:-)
    Thanks for your response! Yes, Lunch is a good idea for sure, I think I will do that on the weekends. The only reason I'm choosing breakfast is because I leave my house at 7 and don't return until around 7 and I am walking around all day and it's a real pain to carry my food.. so I'm trying to not worry about it at all.

I will try to eat a big salad for breakfast though and see if that gets me through. I am doing surprisingly well today considering I did eat this morning... I do feel weaker than if I would have not ate anything, but it's more manageable than I though. I really hope this helps me really get my eating together because I have been getting worse and worse! I was a rock last year never cheating.. I was the picture of health. I made it 99% of the way through the holidays, then I broke down at new years and had a piece of pie. Before then NOTHING could break me... ever since it seems like anything temps me. I've gained weight and I don't exercise as much as I used to... sooo frustrating!!

glossy is offline Junior Member
    The book is free!! You just have to visit the website and download it. The facebook support group as wonderful as well. I do fast-5 and really like it. I was doing it before going primal and it was hard for me. Since I switched to primal it has become very easy. I some days will do a fat fast with coconut oil in my coffee during the "fast" and then eat a nice dinner. Some days are just straight up fasting until evening. For the most part I never eat breakfast as I am not hungry yet. Good luck!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glossy View Post
    The book is free!! You just have to visit the website and download it. The facebook support group as wonderful as well. I do fast-5 and really like it. I was doing it before going primal and it was hard for me. Since I switched to primal it has become very easy. I some days will do a fat fast with coconut oil in my coffee during the "fast" and then eat a nice dinner. Some days are just straight up fasting until evening. For the most part I never eat breakfast as I am not hungry yet. Good luck!
    I am reading the book now. Good to know about the "fat fast". It might be a good way to ease into it or it sounds like you listen to your body and do it as needed. I was thinking that today will be normal since I have started but then make sure I have a nice dinner and start the fast this evening @6 or 7. Thinking of my average schedule a 2pm-7pm eating window would work. Of course its spring break for me, so schedules are out UGH! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    How did I never notice this thread before?

I have read Fast-5, though I don't think there is any groundbreaking information in it that I hadn't found in other IF-related information and sites before. Johnny at the Lean Saloon (now the Simple Saloon) kind of got me into it - I liked reading through his site, though he doesn't post there much any more since becoming a new dad. Mike at the IF Life also has some good info. Actually, I think that was how I found out about IF a few years ago.

I had naturally been doing a Fast-6or7 for a while, which I'm pretty comfortable with - late lunch at about 2, dinner by 7-8, with flexibility when social events called for it. Got derailed with the whole leptin-reset idea (ugh, did nothing for me, and I just don't WANT a big breakfast).

So ... back to a daily IF with some of you guys! I guess it just suits me best. I get the occasional minor hunger moment a few times during the late morning, but find it quite easy to ignore and hang on until mid-afternoon for a small lunch, and then a regular dinner. It really is very liberating, both in terms of time saved and trying to think up new ideas for meals. I'm hoping it will kick-start my weight loss again, though I'm trying not to obsess too much about pounds shed, just feeling good.

Hey, Touchdowntodd, you've made AWESOME progress. Way to go!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by glossy View Post
    looking for it on FB.. can not find it. Just the movie fast five
    Karin

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTmeetsMontréal View Post
    I asked this question in another thread but people aren't responding, so I guess I will ask it here.

I have been trying to just have one meal a day and I really enjoy it. I have been making it all day with no food which has been surprisingly easy, then I have just had a big dinner and that works for me. However, in the past few days I find myself letting myself eat more and more at night out of boredom and it's borderline binging. I want to move my fasting meal to breakfast because it will give me less time to eat and really force me to eat to satiety, then stop. However, I'm really worried that if I eat breakfast that will be hungry for the rest of the day.

Does anyone only eat a big breakfast, and if so, are there any tricks or advice you would have to make sure you don't feel weak and hungry for the rest of the day?
    For a while I was doing a big breakfast and then a fast to breakfast the next day. Only once a week, though. I found it way easier than trying to make dinner the only meal of the day. I just really like a big breakfast.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Still so confused about all the leptin reset stuff............ have been doing IF close to a year and lost some weight but more or less plateaued. Not sure how I could be LR but am considering it a possibility since the muscle gains never happened and fat loss slowed too.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Still so confused about all the leptin reset stuff............ have been doing IF close to a year and lost some weight but more or less plateaued. Not sure how I could be LR but am considering it a possibility since the muscle gains never happened and fat loss slowed too.
    are you weight training?
    Karin

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    are you weight training?
    I didn't today. I did walk for an hour in the cold though.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fierce- It has rained ALL FRICKIN DAY HERE and its cold.. no walking for me.. BOO!! Ok.. so you have a regular weight training regime to build muscle?
    Karin

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast