Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please clarify the basic concept of IF for me page 2

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fasting burns fat. That answers your first question. Why do you need to eat a 2000 calorie meal? You could break it up into two meals. Protein - Top sirloin, Ribeye, Flank steak, Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, Tuna, Salmon. Fat - Butter, Coconut oil, Avocados, olive oil, lard, ghee Protein/Fat - Eggs, Cheese, Yogurt, Whole Raw milk, Bacon.

I do leangains and my off days are currently 2000 cals I ate:
    14oz of tuna, 1 avocado, 1.5 cups Broccoli, 2 eggs
    14oz of grass fed top sirloin, 2 cups brussel sprouts, tbl of kerrygold, a little honey
    16 oz of cottage cheese
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 02-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.

adrenalinejunkie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Fasting burns fat. That answers your first question. Why do you need to eat a 2000 calorie meal? You could break it up into two meals. Protein - Top sirloin, Ribeye, Flank steak, Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, Tuna, Salmon. Fat - Butter, Coconut oil, Avocados, Bacon, olive oil, lard, ghee Protein/Fat - Eggs, Cheese, Yogurt, Whole Raw milk.

I do leangains and my off days are currently 2000 cals I ate:
    14oz of tuna, 1 avocado, 1.5 cups Broccoli, 2 eggs
    14oz of grass fed top sirloin, 2 cups brussel sprouts, tbl of kerrygold, a little honey
    16 oz of cottage cheese
    Great thanks for the info. What's leangains? I asked about the 2000 calories because my friend does and I was wondering if that approach is valid. Is ground beef a no go? If i'm not getting enough calories on the days that I eat chicken should I add more fat?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    Great thanks for the info. What's leangains? I asked about the 2000 calories because my friend does and I was wondering if that approach is valid. Is ground beef a no go? If i'm not getting enough calories on the days that I eat chicken should I add more fat?
    Ground beef is great too.

LeanGains (LG) is a 16/8 IF protocol that incorporates carb cycling/nutritional timing. With LG, you have different marco targets for training and non-training days so protein/carb/fat ratios differ. Some protein is better suited for training days etc. It all depends on what you are tying to accomplish. If you don't have specific macro targets, fat is an easy way to bump your calories up a little.

www.leangains.com
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 02-29-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Ground beef is great too.

LeanGains (LG) is a 16/8 IF protocol that incorporates carb cycling/nutritional timing. With LG, you have different marco targets for training and non-training days so protein/carb/fat ratios differ. Some protein is better suited for training days etc. It all depends on what you are tying to accomplish. If you don't have specific macro targets, fat is an easy way to bump your calories up a little.

Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
    Ah alright cool. I've heard that ground beef is just really low quality ground up crap but if I can get away with still buying it I will it's definitely the easiest. That sounds pretty complicated haha. My goals are fat loss and to build some muscle (but primarily fat loss). Could you maybe send me a link with a breakdown of leangains? That sounds like something I'd do alright with.

The site is Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

You might find it a little hard to pull all the information without some digging. You can also search the various threads on this forum for more info or you can message me if you have questions.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The site is Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

You might find it a little hard to pull all the information without some digging. You can also search the various threads on this forum for more info or you can message me if you have questions.
    Thanks a lot. Wow I actually already favorited this site a while back when I was first starting to think about primal eating and looking into IF haha. I'll read as much as I can about it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12