Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here.....with lots of questions page

sb74 is offline Junior Member

Newbie here.....with lots of questions

Primal Fuel
    Hi there, Sarah here from sunny Brisbane, Australia. Not sure if I am in the right place, but I am new to the forum and new to the primal/whole30 way of life. Hoping a couple of you more experienced folk can help me answer some of my more perplexing questions. Would be great to hear from any other whole30 people here as well. I am 6 days in, headachy, weepy and cranky. In fact I think it was easier to give up smoking than give up sugar, grains and processed crap Although I know it will only make me feel better I just need to know it will get easier.

Cheers

kkarrolle is offline Senior Member
    Likely to be carb flu...could last anywhere up to two weeks from the posts I've read.
    Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Tell us what you are eating
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Hi thanks for the replies. Carb flu - never heard it called that, but very apt description.

Hedonist: today has been:

Two eggs, scrambled with water, half an avocado and an apple for breakfast. 2 long blacks (small), water and cinnamon tea.

Snack: Beef jerky approx 50 grams and small handful of macadamia nuts. Carrot

Lunch: Approx 150 grams roast pork, lean, no visible fat, steamed snow peas, roast red pepper and sweet potato hash (from Whole30 recipe). Green grapes approx 10/15

Thats it for today. I am not sure if I am getting this right or way off the mark. I need help and a bit of guidance. Cheers in advance.

Hi Roadannii,

Thanks for the advice. But I ran my daily intake thru Calorie King and it flashed up all sorts of warnings re my fat intake. It seemed to indicate I was having way to much. Am I at cross purposes looking at Primal/whole30 and something like CK? I confess I havent spent much time looking thru Mark's site, but plan to make the time tonight.

Excellent thanks for the advice

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    If you feel bone tired it is almost certainly low-carb/'Atkins induction' flu. It should normally go away within a week or so.

Just try to relax and take it easy while your body adjusts, eat to enjoy while keeping your carbs low.
    Last edited by jhc; 02-28-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    I am also about a week in and, up until today, was actually feeling great. Now I am tired and ache all over. Is that carb flu too? Would it just be starting after a whole week?

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Yep, that'll be it. Mine started six days in and lasted five if I recall correctly.

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by roadannii View Post
    Sorry to be a bitch but holy crap - do your research if you want to follow the PB lifestyle. Do it YOURSELF. We all have done it. We made AN EFFORT. A REAL ONE. I gave a link earlier. GO READ IT. ALL OF IT. And at the risk of sounding like a mega bitch........use the bloody brain you were given!!
    Part of the enjoyment of forums is the social interaction. And some people enjoy helping others, even if it does mean answering the same question over and over. That obviously isn't you, so don't respond. No one is asking you personally for answers. And did it ever occur to you that people ARE doing research too? But if you're new there is a LOT to read, a LOT to sift through. It takes time. Perhaps someone just wants an answer before they've had time to read everything, or they want clarification or confirmation.
    And, yes, you do sound rude and bitchy. What do you care, really? If you're sick of the same question asked over and over then don't read it. Don't respond. Go do something else. Get out of here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast