Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 9

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Aww! Thank you nameless! I guess it stuck in my head when we ran Ragnar last year. I had run through the night with some hard core athletes, I'd just done 16.2 miles, 10 of them barefoot and I felt like a superhero. Then I saw all the pictures and video and went, "How can I feel this way and do these things, and still look like a complete goober??" Feet turned out, mama belly jiggling, thunder thighs a-thundering, shoulders looking all rounded. I realize it's completely silly, but part of my motivation in training this year is looking as super hero-esque in my Ragnar pics as I feel when I'm running it!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I gotta say it.

YOU ARE HOT!! I am jealous.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

*blush* Oh stop.... Okay never mind. Flattery is acceptable. Thank you.
    My Primal Journal

It was our second "running night" in a row last night. We went to WLB's sister's house this time. They live on a massively steep hill, so we knew we'd get at least some hill training! We girls went up and stuck to the roads. I tracked this run with runkeeper (I don't usually like lugging my phone around on an armband, but I was curious my pace/mile). Knowing it was tracking me really kept me going! A and I ran a lot of ladders as M cruised along. We all had a much improved pace. This run had a little more overall elevation change than our last trail run and it was pretty hot out! With ladders and all, I ended up with 4.33 miles at an 11:52 min/mile average pace. Not fast, but not bad! We laid around on the lawn in the sun drinking ice water, while the dog and the kids ran amok. Then we headed in and got dinner ready (garlic pulled pork over salad) while the boys ran some good hard trails. We ate and ate, and finished it off with strawberries and bananas with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.
    We lounged around enjoying each others company until it was far past the kids bedtimes. I can't wait until summer and not worrying about school in the morning. I swear we just need to buy some large plot of land and all be next door neighbors. I love WLB's family. They are the best friends I could ask to be related to.

(It's a very toothy picture of me, but when you are holding the camera, you just make sure you are in the frame. :P)

I slept hard and woke up very tired and sore this morning, but not in the ways expected. A sore throat and a spasm in my neck. Bizarre. Some essential oils and an ibuprofen at least got me comfortably functional.
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    You are amazing! And of course you have to show off your healthy fabulous teeth the same day you go to the dentist, right?
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    That's what I was thinking! And it's a beautiful smile, you look very happy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YAY!! Free range eggs, 10 minutes from home, $1.50 a dozen!
    They are speckled and colored and pretty! And check this out: Can you guess which one is the store bought egg?
    Check out that yolk difference! They are deliciously rich.

I have a minor and ridiculous triumph. Since I switched scales, I have no clue what my actual weight loss is- which has encouraged me to put my faith in measurements and BF% instead. But I still had a nagging resentment for the new scale that would not show me any number below 161. But this morning- while in the midst of TTOM and expecting to have water retention., 1...5...9. WOOT! I know it's pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme of my health, but it was a triumph over a stupid electronic scale. And I will take it. (Old scale says 156 btw.)
    My Primal Journal

Okay I already posted today, but LOOK AT THIS. I found pictures from when I was chubbeh. 2006-2007 when I topped out at 206lbs and a snug size 16-18. I still can't believe I was ever 200 lbs.

And just for reference (as if you couldn't scroll back through the journal):

I love being strong.
    My Primal Journal

I woke up feeling pretty rested this morning, made breakfast for the 2 girlies (the boys went camping with WLB), cleaned the main floor, and got both lawns mowed before the boys got back. Hubs was tired and allergic and zonked out. With older munchkins out gallivanting with friends and youngest little asleep in bed, I got bored and decided I'd go visit one of my very favorite places... the Home Depot. I cannot describe how home improvement and garden stores make me feel. I adore them. I can't help but audibly sigh when I walk through the doors. My goal today was garden supplies. My square foot garden boxes had lain weedy, un-tilled and un-planted for years. Last week I cleared them out and found the soil to be lacking... in quality and volume both. I picked up manure and compost to amend the soil, and thought maybe I'd pick up a few seeds. Well, that ended up like it always does... pushing a cart full of seed packets, plants, planter boxes and soil to the car. I got to work tilling and amending. I ended up having to dig out the huge network of grass/weed/crabgrass roots that were hiding under the existing dirt. I mixed in the soil, divided it and got planting. The excitement and anticipation is tinged with anxiousness this year. The last time I went whole hog on a garden, it failed miserably largely thanks to the neighborhood cats using my boxes as toilets. The few things that did grow tasted like cat pee all the way through. *gag* This year we have a dog (yay Chico!) and the empty boxes that laid fallow for a week were a fair test of feline risk- they went untouched. I am hopeful and nervous. I think I overcompensated by over planting. The list consists of: red peppers, heirloom red tomatoes, heirloom purple tomatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, basil, oregano, cilantro/coriander, peppermint (potted), spinach, 3 varieties of lettuce, colorful carrots, brussels sprouts, zucchini, cucumbers, cantaloupe, strawberries and pumpkins. I'm pretty sure I've overdone it. I don't know if I can keep everything alive. I am a seasoned plant killer. Alas, I must try! I finished planting the boxes, some pots and some spots in the front yard as well around 6:15. I hadn't even thought about dinner and by the time I got it started, it was 7. We ate late, but dinner was delish! Bun-less cheeseburgers and salad. I mixed butter, a farm fresh egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper into the beef and then fried it up in bacon grease and melted mozzarella on top. We wrapped them in romaine and tomato and they were divine. Simple and fantastic. Boy #2 went gaga over them.... so did I!
    My Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's a miracle!! Our family's dental check ups were 100% cavity free!!! WLB passed too! I am officially amazed... again.
    Miracle #2: New scale says 158. Old scale says 155!!! (Old scale started me at 174.) I've lost 19 lbs.

Measurements:

............... 2/6 ... 2/15 ... 2/21 ... 2/28 ... 3/13....3/27....4/9 ....4/20 ... 5/9
    Bust ...... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 .... 37.5 .... 37 ... 36.5 .. 36.5 ... 36.5
    Waist ...... 29 .... 28.5 .... 27.5 .... 27 ..... 26.5 .... 26 ... 25.5 ... 25 ..... 24
    Hipline ..... 40 .... 38.5 .... 37 ..... 36 ...... 35.5 .... 35 ... 34.5 ... 34 ..... 33
    Hips/Butt 42.5 ... 41.5 ... 40.5 ... 40 ....... 39 ...... 38.5 . 38 ..... 38 ...... 37
    Mid Thigh . 23 .... 22 ...... 21 .... 20.5 ..... 20 ...... 19 .... 18 ..... 18 ...... 18
    Upper thigh X .... 24.5 ... 23.5 .. 23 ..... 22.5 ...... 22 .... 21.5 ...21.5 ... 20.5
    Body fat is approximately 18%
    I think we're overdue for some progress pics.
    We've had more trail running, more PEMs, more kettlebell fun, more family time, more walks with my girls and playing at the park in the sun. Oh, and nothing has died in my garden yet. Small victories.
    My Primal Journal

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast