Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 7

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Stupid Allergies.

BTW you were asleep, but that dog SNORES! LOUD.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha! Maybe going primal will fix that for him. :P
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Kakes, I'm happy to be your internet friend, I don't know a single person (personally) that lives like this and your family just seems to really have a handle on it all....helps me stay motivated....so thank you...(and a bow right back at ya!)

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." Most of you have probably seen the NPH quote. I'm in the midst of trying to get to the awesome part. I've been sad the past couple of days- depressed even. Our financial situation sucks. It has sucked for a long time- despite the fact that we aren't money-wasting people. We spend fairly carefully, but car problems, schooling, a basement flood, a dragged out and ultimately failed house sale, a surprise kid and a bunch of other things have put us heavily in debt in the past 6 years. Could we have made smarter decisions at some point? Yes. But it is what it is now. WLB makes a decent salary. I bring in little bits on the side, but it would cost us more in family time and childcare than it would be worth for me to work outside of the house. If we could magically pay off our debt, our income would be plenty for us to live on. Stupid debt gives me anxiety attacks. Anyway, I'm depressed but I'll get over it. We'll figure something out.
    Brainstorming ways to make more money. Sometimes the simple solutions are the smartest ones.
    My Primal Journal

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Man, I feel you....hang in there Kakes! I didn't make a lot of money doing this but I stayed home for 2 1/2 years after my son was born and I did some freelance writing. I am suggesting this because, from your posts, I can tell you are a talented writer. I wrote non-fiction (ages 9-14)for the educational market, which means you can find my books in school libraries mostly (you can't go buy one a Barnes and Noble) and I did magazine work. I sent writing samples (a non-fiction article for example) to several educational publishing houses and one contacted me and asked if I would do a book for them. They provide the topic and the pictures, you provide (in my example) 5,000 words of text broke up into 4 or 5 chapters. I had 5 books published and got paid $1500.00 per book, that is a flat fee, no royalties. For the magazines, you can get the submission information on the magazines websites. Most don't pay much but my highest was an article I sold to Highlights about President Calvin Coolidges pets (he had quite a zoo) and I was paid $350.00 for that. In one year I only made about $8500.00, but it was a little extra income, and had I kept with it (instead I went back to work) Im sure I could have made more.

Anyway, I immediatley thought of that when I read your post because I do think that you have some writin skillz

That definitely gives me something to think about Kelmar. Writing is on my list of possibilities to explore. I have a cookbook that got published last year, and some poems put in collections in years past, but those are different animals than actually writing novels or non-fiction even. I have been ruminating on it. Your vote of confidence gives me a little boost. Thank you!
    My Primal Journal

We had an awesome thunder storm today, and the basement flooded. It did this back in 2006. It's one of the things that we are still paying off. *sigh*
    We've been moving furniture, ripping out soaked carpet padding, working the wet vacs, and we have fans running. The nature of the flood is the same case that insurance wouldn't pay for last time. We have amazing neighbors and friends who came over with all the fans and vacs they could find as soon as they saw my facebook post. In that way, we are blessed. The boys (who sleep in the basement bedroom) are happily spread out on mattresses in the front room.
    Oh and my grandma had another stroke. My mom and dad have been caring for her 24/7. Mama sounds so tired.
    I'm past stressed almost to the point of apathy. Maybe things will look better in the morning.
    My Primal Journal

I feel like I'm finally and slowly pulling myself out of my latest funk. Exercise seems to be key- deliberate, strenuous exercise. We had a running night last night. Ran 4ish (maybe more) miles with the girls at a slightly faster pace. Then played around doing yoga poses and taking pictures with the hubs.

Eka Pana Koudiyanasana II

WLB and me in Astavakrasana

We feasted on salad, pulled pork and rice (I had about 2 bites of rice- it just doesn't appeal anymore except in sushi). With a berry, maple whipped cream and honeyed almond parfait for dessert. I thought I'd be tempted by the snickerdoodles the other families had with their fruit and cream, but oddly, I really wasn't remotely tempted! I'd done some good hard handstand and pose practice earlier in the day and by bedtime I was sore, exhausted and feeling amazing. I'm also down another half inch in both my waist and hips in the past week. My weight... I have no clue. It used to be my new scale said one thing and my old scale said 5-6 pounds less. Now my new scale says I'm down 2 pounds, and my old one says I'm up 2 lbs. I weigh somewhere between 154 and 162. *shrug* Whatever. My measurements are still shrinking, so I feel good that I'm still progressing. A small part of me still wants to know I'm below 160, but it looks like my scale is forcing separation- proving to me how useless it really is. Ha!
    My Primal Journal

Measurements:

............... 2/6 ... 2/15 ... 2/21 ... 2/28 ... 3/13....3/27....4/9 ....4/20
    Bust ...... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 .... 37.5 .... 37 ... 36.5 .. 36.5
    Waist ...... 29 .... 28.5 .... 27.5 .... 27 ..... 26.5 .... 26 ... 25.5 ... 25
    Hipline ..... 40 .... 38.5 .... 37 ..... 36 ...... 35.5 .... 35 ... 34.5 ... 34
    Hips/Butt 42.5 ... 41.5 ... 40.5 ... 40 ....... 39 ...... 38.5 . 38 ..... 38
    Mid Thigh . 23 .... 22 ...... 21 .... 20.5 ..... 20 ...... 19 .... 18 ..... 18
    Upper thigh X .... 24.5 ... 23.5 .. 23 ..... 22.5 ...... 22 .... 21.5 ...21.5
    Weight on the old scale is 157, on the new scale is 160.4.
    Body fat % is approximately 21-22%

Stress is getting me. I'm trying to pull myself out of it and concentrate on other things. My kids are growing so that's good!
    I'll post progress for them soon.
    My Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Friday was a gorgeous day and hubs and I decided to hit the trails for a run. Now please understand, if you give me 5 miles of road, I take it... piece of cake. Alas, I am not a trail runner.... yet. In gearing up for the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay, I am very aware that my first leg is a trail run high in the mountains. I'm in pretty darn decent shape and I thought I'd take to the trails pretty well. I'm gonna have to say I hiked/walked at least half (probably more) of the 3 mile course. Lets just say that when we got back to the bil's house to pick up the kids, I bowed to his ultra marathoning trail running person and expressed my admiration. That is HARD! My legs definitely felt it- in all the places they needed it. I did a ton of handstand practice that day as well. Thankfully I was just the right amount of sore the next morning and was up for a long day of yard work. Our house was beginning to look rather sad and abandoned. You know you have waited too long when you push your lawnmower out only to find your neighbor starting in on the yard for you. We have awesome neighbors, and he swears he wasn't doing it as a criticism of our lazy behinds. He even did most of the front yard, then trimmed our overgrown tree and used his blower to clean off our driveway and walks. WLB started out teaching Boy #1 how to mow. The mower outweighs him by at least double, maybe even triple. It was quite comical watching him strain and scramble to turn it. I finished the mowing after WLB's allergies punched him in the face. Then I spent another 3 hours in the sun, weeding, edging, trimming, etc. until our house looked loved again. I got a little bit pink on my shoulders, but not painfully so. It was nice to get some sun! I am definitely feeling the combined muscle usage of the two days. Today we had a big family open house to welcome my parents home (officially) from their 2 years in the DR Congo and Burundi. It's getting so much easier to stick to good foods at those type of things. The kids don't really even need prompting or supervision anymore. Smallest little did snag an egg roll and chowed down, only to come to me immediately and spit it into my palm. The perks of mommyhood. WLB and I crashed into nap time when we got home. Sleep is my friend. We have another run scheduled for tomorrow (WLB's 33rd b-day!). I'm hoping to convince the girls to make it a trail run, but we'll see! The more I do it, the less I'll suck at it!
    My Primal Journal

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast