Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 6

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Awesome photo. I would love to have a big yard to flip big tires around on
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys!

Gotta admit, I'm a little concerned about beating our lawn to death with our tire-ly antics. :P
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    What a great picture! I just wanted to say I think it's something special that you and your husband and family are on this journey together. You seem like real good people and well just plain nice

And your progress has been amazing by the way!
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Thank you Kelmar- sincerely! It definitely helps to be in it together.
    I love your signature quote by the way. Just lovely.
    My Primal Journal

Thanks Kakes! A few years ago I was talking with an older gentleman about his failing health, he told me he knew why he was having so many problems...he said for the past fifty years I have been treating my body like a circus tent and not a temple...that really stuck with me and now I use it for my mantra whenever I feel my drive lagging.

Heh. I know quite a few people who treat their bodies like circus tents! And I know plenty who treat theirs like despised torture chambers as well. So sad. I love the visual of the temple body- of being at peace and feeling safe in ones body- wanting to keep it clean, and undefiled. Beautiful.
    Last edited by Kakes; 04-10-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    My Primal Journal

In the course of 3 months primal, "time of the month" as been shortened from 7-8 days length to 4 and 1/2 days- with only 1 heavy day (which is now the volume of one of my previous medium days). With a modicum of attention to iron supplementation for 3 days and being sure to consume some roasted seaweed throughout, I was able to not have a single down and out, too-tired-to-move day, though there was a day or so of mood swings for sure. I'll take it!!
    It's one of those "I'm am still doing well!" days. The scale has gone down, and the measurements are still shrinking.

............... 2/6 ... 2/15 ... 2/21 ... 2/28 ... 3/13....3/27....4/9
    Bust ...... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 .... 37.5 .... 37 ... 36.5
    Waist ...... 29 .... 28.5 .... 27.5 .... 27 ..... 26.5 .... 26 ... 25.5
    Hipline ..... 40 .... 38.5 .... 37 ..... 36 ...... 35.5 .... 35 ... 34.5
    Hips/Butt 42.5 ... 41.5 ... 40.5 ... 40 ....... 39 ...... 38.5 . 38
    Mid Thigh . 23 .... 22 ...... 21 .... 20.5 ..... 20 ...... 19 .... 18
    Upper thigh X .... 24.5 ... 23.5 .. 23 ..... 22.5 ...... 22 .... 21.5

We have a run planned with siblings today, so I'm excited about that. I sprinted on Wednesday (I think it was Wednesday), but since then, I've done nothing purposeful exercise-wise besides just random pull ups, playing with kids and dog, and playing a bit with the sledge and tires. Oh, by the way, we got a dog! I've been wanting one forever. I thought I'd be picky when it came to getting one. WLB is mildly allergic, so we're hoping he can handle this. My sister-in-law's sister (whom I've been friends with since I was 10) announced on facebook that she was sick of her annoying chihuahua and would give him away if anyone wanted him. I sent her an email and she agreed to let us have a trial period with him to see if we could handle him. I admit when I first met him, I almost walked away, got in the car and drove. He was barky, aggressive, nippy and nervous- all the things that drove us to find a better family for our mini pinscher 7 years ago. But we sat down in the house and let him get used to us and decided to give him a chance. They gave us a great cage/kennel with plenty of space for him along with his bed, leash, toys, treats and food- they were very generous. The moment we left their house, he became a different dog. I don't know if their 2 kids were too rough on him or if their household "pack structure" wasn't right, but he has taken to us really well. He's a funny little thing. His jaw is very short, so he has enough of an overbite that it looks comical- and rather than actually nipping at the kids (the few times he has tried), he just ends up poking them with his nose. He is obedient and well-trained. I can take him out without a leash and he doesn't wander much, but comes when called. I think as long as WLB's allergies aren't bad, he'll do great with us.
    The kids are thrilled!
    I promised the girls we'd take him for a walk today between laundry loads, and the sunshine is beckoning gloriously, so we'd best be off!
    My Primal Journal

Oh a dog! I hope he works out for you guys, sounds like he gonna be a good one. We rescued a dog from a high-kill shelter about 4 months ago and she is such a joy to us! Nothing like a warm furry body that loves you unconditionally (although that could describe my husband too, LOL)

Hanna is offline Senior Member
    Just checking in to say that you are very inspirational! Thanks for that!

/Hanna

How nice to turn on my computer and find kind comments in my inbox! *bows to her new random internet friends* Thank you!

Little dog (Chico is his name) is coming along nicely. I say coming along because we've been taking him out into social settings (where he has obviously been nervous and barky in the past) and he is improving day by day. He is getting more used to the kids and we even let him sleep un-kenneled last night with nary an accident to be found in the morning and no unpleasant awakenings. We've decided he must be Primalized. He has very itchy dry skin (they had been feeding him Iams which is loaded with grains and fillers), and we all know doggies are natural carnivores. I love to research before I jump into things and I was slightly concerned the we wouldn't be able to afford to feed him meat. To my relief and amusement, my research told me that raw-fed dogs only need 2% of their body weight in meat, bones and/or offal a day. He being a randomly acquired dog with no official history, I had no clue his weight. I set him on the scale... which didn't register that it was being used. So I hopped on there with and without him and did a little math and voila! 6.5 lbs. Which makes his food requirements approximately 2 ounces a day. This still makes me giggle. I've also read that kibble-fed dogs are gulpers and need to learn to chew and gnaw. I gave him a partially frozen piece of chicken tenderloin last night. He licked at it, but was hardly enamored, even after it thawed. Not a chicken fan I suppose (or maybe not a chewing fan?). This morning (though it probably wasn't best) I chopped up a lone piece of raw bacon for him. *SNARF* That went over beautifully. He has let me know that I am his very best friend in the world today. He is a happy little wolf. I intend to find some cheap ground pork or beef for him soon. I figure starting him on ground meat is good due to his itty bitty jaw bone.

Last night was a 4 mile run with the sistas (in law). It felt great after a good IF morning and a hearty lunch. Oldest sista is just starting out running and so needs tips and encouragement. We sang her motivational theme music and ran ladders back and forth as she jogged and took walk breaks. Eye of the Tiger, Chariots of Fire, We are the Champions and maybe even some Disney music made it's way in there. She even kicked off her shoes at the halfway mark and ran the last half barefoot with me! Woot! We had good primal conversations about food as well. I made a huge pot of Chicken Bacon Brussels Sprout Soup while the menfolk went gallivanting about the mountainside, and we fed all 3 families on soup and salad (sadly one family brought croissants and chowed on a dozen and a half of them). Then we had bananas and maple whipped cream for dessert. We got home late and plopped the littles into bed. WLB had a digestive allergic reaction to something, poor guy. His seasonal allergies are being pretty nasty lately- though not as bad as years past.

I'm hoping to lift some heavy things today... and maybe do some handstands (I've been slacking). Onward friends!
    My Primal Journal

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast