Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 5

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I gathered all my courage, uploaded, typed, and did it! I posted progress pics on the 'Before and After' thread! I haven't reached all of my goals, but my weight goal was met, so I figured I'd document it here. Still kicking myself for taking them in a bikini, but oh well!
    Feeling good.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Still kicking myself for taking them in a bikini, but oh well!
    What-ever you look AMAZING. and technically I'M the one that took them... and you can always kick me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Feeling good.
    And LOOKING AMAZING!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Aw, thanks babe! You are so good to me!

And you are looking pretty amazing yourself!!
    My Primal Journal

The March birthdays in our family are finally over!! Hallelujah! Older girl little turned 4 yesterday. We had a great big double Princess/ Superhero themed party today for her and her cousin. I sewed felt hero masks for everyone and we invited adults and kids alike to come to the Castle Park dressed in costume. I got to be the evil queen/witch villain of the party and split my time between organizing, baking, serving... and chasing/capturing small people around the giant castle park whilst other slightly more sane and much less fun parents looked on from the sidelines laughing at my fully-costumed self. Then I topped it off with a 3.5 mile run in the afternoon heat with my sister in law. By the time we got home I was exhausted and we called out for pick-up at Texas Roadhouse. (sidenote: dear TR lady, no rolls please. No. No rolls. Do not sneak them into our order when we've told you no! I will end up throwing them away!) Ribs, salad, green beans with bacon, and steamed broccoli. I roasted up some butter-soaked brussels sprouts on the side. After running around all day fueled by primal cupcakes, strawberry whipped cream and fruit, my body was THRILLED to have meat and vegetables. I did have a little bit of veg and beef scrambled eggs this morning, but not enough. Dinner was delicious. Keeping moving long enough to clean it up was hard. I'm going to sleep like a log tonight.

I am officially calling another pound lost. 157. Still shrinking slowly. It's awesome. I have new measurements. Will post soon.
    My Primal Journal

My kids are skinny. They have always been skinny. Boy Child #1 is the very skinniest; he looks like a walking skeleton. He is sensitive, thoughtful and incredibly smart for his age. He was born during my dietary rebellious and hormonally imbalanced stage. I spent the first months of his life confused, depressed, shut up in our apartment and constantly nursing. I can't help but think he was effected. I am hoping that PB can help him put some muscle on those bones and be sturdier. He has gained 2 lbs in the last 3 months, and stopped crying in class when he is frustrated.
    Boy Child #2 is short. He is only slightly less skinny than #1, but he is short rather than average height for his age. He is more athletic though- less awkward and less emotionally fragile. He is hilarious... and also incredibly intelligent. He was born during my chubby, brash, doc-trusting and sort of angry stage. He has a temper, but is learning to control it. He nursed until I weaned him at 10 months due to major hormonal imbalance.
    Girl Child #1 is slightly tall for her age, but sturdier than either of my boys. By sturdy, I mean 25th percentile for weight versus single digits. She is sassy, too smart for her own good (or ours), emotional and stubborn. She is also gorgeous... so gorgeous... and amazingly affectionate when she wants to be. She has blood sugar and mood issues. She is what made me look into gluten-free living. She was born during my weaning off the docs, finding zen and going vegetarian phase. I wouldn't doubt that our low-meat, grain and legume dependence during her first years had something to do with her gluten/sugar and mood balance problems. She nursed until I weaned her for sanity's sake at 17 months. She is a different person on PB (so am I!). Our relationship changes have been priceless.
    Youngest Girl Child is somewhere between the boys and her older sister in weight and height ratios. She pretty average height for her age and thin, but not waifish like her oldest brother. She is smart, happy, silly, adorable, cuddly and affectionate. She also has some of her sister's stubbornness. She seems to be very adaptable and pretty content. Then again, she's only 2. She has known no doctor and no vaccines, was born at home, and rarely ever gets sick. She nursed until 15 months.

My goal is to figure out our balances. I think we are doing well. I also really want to put some meat on these little dancing bones! I'm hoping this summer will be the one that sees them tanned, strong, active, healthy and slightly wild and dirty at the end of it.
    I've started keeping track to see how their growth is affected.

Boy Child 1
    Weight: 52 lbs (1st percentile)
    Height: 54 inches (50th percentile)

Boy Child 2
    Weight: 40 lbs (4th percentile)
    Height: 45 inches (12th percentile)

Girl Child 1
    Weight: 32 lbs (25th percentile)
    Height: 40 inches (75th percentile)

Girl Child 2
    Weight: 23 lbs (10th percentile)
    Height: 33 inches (45th percentile)

While we're talking measurements, I might as well update mine. It makes me feel better when I think I'm completely plateaued to see that I'm still shrinking slowly.

............... 2/6 ... 2/15 ... 2/21 ... 2/28 ... 3/13....3/27
    Bust ...... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 ... 37.5 .... 37.5 .... 37
    Waist ...... 29 .... 28.5 .... 27.5 .... 27 ..... 26.5 .... 26
    Hipline ..... 40 .... 38.5 .... 37 ..... 36 ...... 35.5 .... 35
    Hips/Butt 42.5 ... 41.5 ... 40.5 ... 40 ....... 39 ...... 38.5
    Mid Thigh . 23 .... 22 ...... 21 .... 20.5 ..... 20 ...... 19
    Upper thigh X .... 24.5 ... 23.5 .. 23 ..... 22.5 ....... 22

I'm still losing at least an inch all over (except the bust) per month. That's pretty grand. I'll take it.
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    First off - you are amazing!

Second - I really think feeding them a stick of butter every day would do wonders!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

3.5 mile run with hubs, sisters-in-law and brother-in-law. Slightly rainy and pretty windy. Made for some breath-sucking fun in the last half. Good run though! Then had dinner- chicken stir fry. Then had a dance party with the kiddos and various nephews. This complimented earlier outdoor kid play in the day very well. I also practiced scorpion and did pull ups today. Good thing I was quite active because I didn't IF today and I snacked a lot. I wish I could kick the nagging fear that I'll suddenly stop losing before I look like a superhero. It's ridiculous and silly, but it hangs around a lot lately.
    My Primal Journal

I've spent the last half of the week and weekend in a funk. Pretty much depressed about everything, crying over nothing. Definitely hormone related. It's probably because I'm due for TOM sometime in the next week, but man it sucks. I think I've been fighting a bug too. I like that I don't get sick sick anymore, but when I do get sick, I can't really tell if I'm just ticked off and have a headache or if I'm actually ill! I guess I should be grateful that's as bad as it got.
    I'm feeling physically better today, but mentally it's been a tough one.
    I sent hubs to the store last night to pick up some milk for yogurt making. By the time he got home I'd fallen asleep on my book and I barely remember him laughing at me as he put in a bookmark and turned off the lights. I woke up this morning to a shiny new scale with body fat and hydration readings. I hate it. I love the thought that he put into it, but I hate the blasted thing. I expect to have to adjust to a new scale with new readings- that's fine. What makes me give the stupid thing the bird every time I step on it is the fact that the entire family weighed in pretty much the same as our old scale.... except me. According to the little devil, I gained 5-6 pounds last night. Now I know it's pretty impossible to gain 6 pounds of fat overnight- plus I have been lifting heavier, so muscle gain is probable, but 6 pounds discrepancy??? I'd feel fine if every one else weighed in heavier too, but no. At least it reads WLB's BF% as higher than he had it measured just yesterday. So I can pretty safely knock a few points off that number and soothe my angry mind. I know these things aren't accurate as far as body fat goes anyway, so I don't know why it's pissing me off so badly. But this morning it said I was 29.6% body fat. Screw that. Then this afternoon it put me at 26%. It was 3-4% high on WLBs readings, so I can live with that. 22-23% is actually pretty accurate for me I think. It's so changeable and finicky that it's ridiculous that I put any stock in it at all. I'd bet a pretty penny that if I was hormonally balanced at the moment, I'd be laughing at it and brushing it off instead of wanting to hurl it into a volcano. At least we have something with actual numbers on it that we can compare loss and gain with.
    I'm going to end my hormone-fueled rant and call it on the journal writing now- for all of our sakes.
    My Primal Journal

Okay, I've come to the conclusion that my old scale was kind. I'm going to start leaving my weight alone and measuring it far less often and at times when I'm not retaining water (TOM).
    I had my biometric screening done today for the first time. I'm really quite pleased with the results!
    I think that 3 months ago my total cholesterol would have freaked me out a little, but knowing what I know now, having read Taubes, studied Chris Kresser's writings/vids/podcasts, and read through many a forum post on it, I am so happy with my cholesterol levels.
    Here are the stats:
    BMI: 25
    BF%: 23
    SBP:109
    DBP: 71
    HR: 69 bpm
    Weight: 163 (my old scale still says 157/158 and I'm in TTOM)

Cholesterol:
    Total: 231
    HDL: 80 (YEAH!)
    Trig: 49 (!! Sweet!!)
    LDL: 141 mg/dl
    non-HDL: 151
    TC/HDL Ratio: 2.9
    Fasting Glucose: 92

10 year risk of CHD: <1%

I'm pretty stoked that my body fat % is 23 while my newfangled scale says 30%. It is right around where I thought it was which makes me feel great!

The other day WLB got word from a friend that he'd scored a big tire from a local tire store for free and decided to ask around. He called me all excited and came home with an 80 lb tire. We took the back seats out of the van and went to get more out of their junk trailer. It was great! We ended up with 2 80lb tires and a 190 pounder!

They are great to use WLB's 16 lb sledgehammer with. I think I need a 10 lb sledgehammer though- the 16 is HARD to use right now! I need to work my way up.
    Every month I get in this depressed funk where hormones and water retention make me feel like I've stopped losing and the PB honeymoon is over. And every month the week after, the numbers go back down and the hormones stabilize and I'm good to stay the course again. I know by my numbers and my BF% that I'm in that last 5-10 area that requires mucho work to lose and comes off slowly. I'm okay with that. I feel good, I look good, and my clothes fit me well (except for the ones that fall off ).
    Last edited by Kakes; 04-05-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    My Primal Journal

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    always like reading your post, you are doing great! very envious of your new tires!

scales are dumb...i think i've finally given up trying to keep up that tradition...

also awesome numbers

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast