Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 35

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks babe!
    I think regular practice (even if it's just properly aligned sun salutations for 20 minutes every morning) has helped a ton. Look for classes that emphasize proper alignment (Align & Flow, Iyengar). Once I started building strength around proper alignment in poses, it tightened things up so nicely! I hope you can get similar results too. It's' been amazing. Gosh I wish we didn't live 3/4 of the country away from each other. I'd totally comp you some private classes!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

*frustrated breath*
    I was asked to substitute teach my daughter's 5 year old primary class in church today. I took some dried coconut as a little treat for afterward (one of my kids fave treats). Of the 8 kids, only one didn't spit it out and whine about it being "disgusting". That one, was my child. I cried inside. One, because these children's palates have been spoiled by processed foods at such a young age, and two, because they were so flipping rude about it. "No thank you, I don't care for this." Is one thing, but sticking your tongue out, spitting out the food and yelling, "EEEWWW that's DISGUSTING!!" is completely uncalled for. Last time I waste my quality not-exactly-cheap healthy snacks on those little punks. / grumpy rant
    My Primal Journal

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I can imagine how frustrating that would feel. I don't know what dried coconut tastes like (unless it's just like unsweetened flakes taste), but I know that coconut can have a rather strong flavor. If there is a next time, I wonder if some kind of chocolate/coconut/nut ball thing or Larabar equivalent would go over better? If nut allergies are not a concern, anyway. Otherwise, dried fruit! Dried bananas are my favorite and I seriously cannot imagine someone disliking them (unless they are allergic or just plain don't like bananas). Maybe you can be that window into good food for someone .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

A certain most-easily-offended-person-I've-ever-met took the opportunity to attack my character the other day because she took offense at something vague that I said on facebook. Without going into detail, I'll just say it effected me. This is one of the acquaintances that has been involved in some serious reverse weight-ism over the past year or two. I am realizing that she has a huge amount of self-loathing and resents me for learning to love myself. She will find any small reason to criticize me personally (as if somehow that's okay?), but especially when it's health/wellness/fitness related. I'm kind of all about that right now. So I invited her to hide my FB posts if they bother her. I told her I would choose not to be offended and invited her to do the same. I've hidden her posts, and I'd like to say that's that. I'd like to say I shook it off immediately and continued on my merry way. But I didn't. Rather than bouncing around in self-loathing and defensiveness as I immediately began to, I am choosing self love. The issue wasn't the exchange itself, or her problems with herself, or even her problems with me. The issue I had was that I perceived all of those things as others telling me that it's not okay to be passionate about the things I love, and not okay to love myself. Screw that. I am allowed to love myself. I am allowed to be proud of my health achievements, my mental, spiritual and emotional progress, and the fun, active, beautiful life that I've worked so hard to make. I can be happy. NO ONE- least of all angry, sad people who haven't figured out that they are wonderful and are allowed these things too, can take that from me. Don't even try. I found myself with heavy internal sadness and the feeling of need. That I needed affirmation from those around me to counteract the negativity. Well today, I'm affirming myself. I have spent far too many years picking myself apart and being hard on myself for physical attributes, or habits, or thoughts, or actions. It's a deeply engrained issue in my life- this self-criticism and guilt. It's not going to be fixed in one day, or one year, or maybe ever. But today I'm letting it go. This day I'm telling myself that I ROCK. I AM AWESOME! So there.
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    You definitely rock and are amazingly awesome and beautiful!
    Thanks for being YOU!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    You do rock.

Personally, I've ditched FB entirely, though my husband still indulges in it.

If facebook wasn't my "village well" as a stay at home homeschooling mama, I'd ditch it. As it is, it's my way to keep in contact with friends and family (It's the only way I ever keep up with my cousins and grandma in Arizona), and it keeps me sane during the day to have even minimal online contact with friends from across the country and the world. I can't even imagine how many phone calls, forums, and personal emails or letters it would take to make up for facebook. I'm way too lazy for that. I'd miss out on neighborhood scheduling, wedding and shower invites, even extended fam dinners are planned on there. The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks for me, I just have to take the bad with a grain of salt and move along!
    My Primal Journal

I read a pretty shocking statistic about the percentage of divorce filings that involved facebook, either one partner found out something on facebook about the other or one got reunited with an old love and it developed from there. Seems like it was 30-40% or something. My wife uses it for the reasons you do, I prefer twitter because I have little thoughts that my friends like. I don't read her fb, she doesn't read my twitter.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

WLB is my best FB buddy! There isn't anything I do on facebook (or anywhere for that matter) that I wouldn't want him to know.
    I think it has more to do with people's relationships in general than the social networks. Though I can see how facebook would be a really easy outlet the way a lot of people use it. Almost like heading to the club every day. If you aren't taking your spouse with you, you're asking for trouble sooner or later! (Even better, avoid the club altogether!)
    I'm boring though, my facebook is more like a national park than a club. And I'd rather have WLB with me anywhere!
    My Primal Journal

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I think it is a matter of communication and openness between spouses. And more importantly - Trust!
    I think it's ridiculous when people combine their accounts, not to mention confusing for people who don't know the opposite half.
    I think Facebook makes it easier for people to 'mess up' their relationships now - but there are lots of good things too.
    Still - if you can live without it - Great! We get lots of benefits from it now.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast