Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier page 32

Primal Fuel
    I didn't like it, actually. 70* and raining Friday, Saturday, and Sunday turned into 35* on Monday. It seriously dropped 24* in 4 hours Sunday evening. Schools were delayed this morning due to icy conditions. Nothing worse than cold AND wet. I'm not a big winter weather fan, but cold and wet or cold and windy makes me miserable.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    This year we have had a TON of fun with the snow. Normally we don't like cold either.
    I'm usually fine with wet though!

Also as a side note for people who would like to use the degree sign " " if you hold ALT and then type 0176 on the keypad you get the degree symbol. Yippee! I learned that like 10 years ago and it's probably the only thing that stuck from all the things I learned that year...
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Holy crap.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Seriously one of the most uselessly useful things I've ever learned!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    _
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I just hold down the option/alt button and push "k". Seems less complicated.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Crazy Mac user!! What are you doing on this thread!?!?!

Oh wait...
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

I went to yoga at Mindful & Embodied on Wednesday night. It was incredible. Natalie (my teacher and soon-to-be-trainer) makes every class life changing. I don't know how, but every class sequence is new and challenging and exactly what I needed that day! We finished this class (which had me trembling with exhaustion and determination, and grinning through all of it), with a long savasana and guided meditation which I cried through, because I was so flipping happy! Then I floated home. Floated... laughing and crying at the same time. Uncontainable joy. There are no words for how incredibly right I feel about my choice to study yoga- right now and with her. My official training begins March 6th, but I am in study now. I am loving it. I'm so excited for the dedicated concentration that will come with deliberately making the space and time for yoga training in my life.

I find I still need my outside runs, and I am going to have to keep making time for those too. There is just nothing like running around in the wilderness with people that I love. I crave it. I wish I could go more often, and I wish for running partners with similar fitness levels to mine. I love to run with Misha and Alicia, but I do a lot of running ahead, then walking and waiting, and they never want to go as far or run for as long as I want to. So I could go with the guys. They are fun to run with too. But Then I'm the tail end who can't keep up or go as far or as long as they want to. And I want WLB to be able to just run without worrying about waiting up for me. We have trails groups that meet up to run- there are options almost every day of the week, but they are all far more advanced runners than I am, and I might as well run alone for as well as I'd be able to keep up. Besides, WLB needs the training miles more than I do, so I get to be babysitter often. His 50k is coming up quick. Running alone is not a very good option for me here, as there are mountain lion tracks everywhere... and then there's the whole engrained "girls shouldn't go out alone" mentality that makes me think cougars and rapists are watching me from the scrub oak. Plus running alone is no fun! That is my dilemma. So for now I go out with my besties and love it for all that it's worth. Hopefully I'll figure out a few longer training runs as Spartan Beast gets nearer.

I've started doing my short burst body weight and weight lifting exercises again. Hand stand practices, kettle bell stuff, push ups, pull ups, squats. And of course yoga... always yoga. My body is so happy when I'm active.

I'm doing all right at getting back on track with food. Seeing primal carbs and baked stuff as occasional treats instead of regular fare is helping. So is cutting back the snacks. I'm just trying to get back to basics. To love my food and not stress. The scale and little belly chub are starting to reflect my efforts a bit, so that's nice.

I'm just happy. I have preferences and things I am a little anxious for (like warmer weather), but I'm still loving where I am. My fam rocks, my friends are awesome, my husband is incredible and my kids are fantastic and hilarious.

I donated blood today. Last time I donated (years ago) I almost fainted because I was low in iron. Not today. Strong and healthy with nary a lightheaded waver. Yes.
    My Primal Journal

Last Saturday the girls ran Meuller Park. It's gorgeous up there in any time of year. Conditions were pretty good and we had a ton of fun exploring different trails tracked out by snow-shoers and animals.
    This week, with Matt and Alicia on vacay and Misha not wanting to run in the awful awful air, WLB, Ben and I headed up Farmington Canyon. No sooner had we pulled into the parking lot than I realized I'd forgotten my Snow Trax. I had no traction. None. We decided to see how it went and go ahead to try to get above the fog and smog. The first mile was so miserable. A solid shell of ice (from the freezing rain we had Thursday) had formed over the snow and I swear I ran 3 steps to every step I moved forward. Once we made our way out of the mist around 1.5 miles, the ice and snow turned to slushy, unpredictable mess. Every step slid sideways one way or the other. It was so hard to run in! But the sun! And the fresh air! My lungs actually stopped itching for the first time in days! WLB wanted to get in a 10 miler, and Ben was up for it, so I said we'd go as far as I could handle in this and kept going. We saw some cool Mountain Lion Tracks on the way up. Been seeing a lot of those lately. Silly me- I'd figured that since it was warmer out, I could wear one pair of wool socks instead of two. Heh. Not so much. My feet were soaked in no time and then they turned to frozen stumps! I made it to 4.05 miles before turning around (the boys got in an extra half mile up and caught up to me). Unfortunately going back down wasn't much better! It was awful! WLB and I held hands to try to give me some stability most of the way (really it was for emotional support too). My hips and stabilizing muscles in my thighs and calves were screaming in pain. I'll admit that I cried a little and whined some too. I tried stopping to stretch, but as soon as I stopped moving, pains very near to child birthing levels would shoot down my low back and legs. It hurt to move, but it hurt more to stop. So we moved. I ran as much as I could just to get it over with. It was still slow going. 8.15 miles in 3 and a half hours. Going back into the muck was hard. It smelled awful and stung my lungs and nose. I pray that a storm with wash this all out soon!! I told WLB, "I swear I can run 8 miles without crying!" He just answered that running in the slushy icy mess was a whole different animal. He was right. That's an animal I do not want to come in contact with anytime soon. I'm already so sore! I hate to see what it will be like in the morning!
    Unfortunately we came home from that run to find 3 of our 4 kids sick and/or fevered. Not cool. Luckily the girls perked up a bit after naps and food. Poor Boy #2. He is so sick tonight. It hurts a mama's heart to see him this way! Carrying him up and down stairs with my achy legs has been crazy! Here's to clear days, healthy babes, and better runs ahead!
    My Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Stupid sickness is taking forever to be gone!
    You did great yesterday, those were some very harsh conditions! And I think without those you would have been fine. It was also a crazy climb!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast